Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
JasminDreams2010

Valentine's day theme- flowers and candy

I generally wear strong, punch-you-in-the-nose florals, but I'm looking for some more sweet, candy-sugar florals for the valentine's day. Something girly but still maybe a little sexy and not just all candy shop. Loud is ok! Amber and vanilla are good too.

I would like something in between my potent flowers, and just all vanilla/candy/sugar. Something like if you mixed Delight and Dragon's Milk together (but the actual mix of those things doesn't seem to work on me).

I recently ordered l'essence de l'engouement from BPTP and am hoping that it has some of that mixture. Any other suggestions for candy-sweet florals/ light springtime florals with fruit?

I like Jasmine, Tuberose, Plumeria/Frangipani, Lotus and sometimes orange blossom and rose.

I generally don't like patchouli or anything too masculine or woody- my skin has a tendency to make a lot of fragrances go dry.

Basically- I like all the other florals that most people hate. that's ok- more for me :)

The two I've tried (and loved) that were floral with a fruity candy effect:

Prunella: Ripe purple plums, wildflowers, and cream.

Frumious Bandersnatch: Bandersnatch musk, redolent of spicy carnations, wild plums and chrysanthemum.

Both were quite gorgeous, though Prunella was more girly/pretty while Frumious Bandersnatch felt more spicy/womanly.

Oooh.. how about these:

Jailbait - sticky pink bubblegum and the thick, sweet scent of orange and cherry lollipops smeared over a breath of heady womanly perfume - the 'womanly perfume' has a hint of florals, but really this is all about the lovely fruity bubblegum smell.

Hollywood Babylon - glittering Egyptian amber and heliotrope, infused with the sweetness of strawberry and vanilla - dragged into debauch by lusty red musk and a dribble of black cherry - not really a floral as such, but a gorgeous strawberry with a touch of naughty fruitiness - not overly sweet.

Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat - green tea, melon, mint, lime rind, and champagne grape with lemon balm, mullein, and toadflax - the melon is the star of the show here.. this is a lovely sweet fruity sparkly one.

High Strung Daisies - daisy, pink carnation, pink pepper, and sugar - this one is pink and sweet but not overly candy-ish, and the daisy is gorgeous.

Have fun on Valentine's Day! :smile:

What about these?

HUNGER

Evokes sheer, unadulterated carnal lust. An undeniably warm and sensual scent. Black narcissus, orange blossoms, and vanilla.

DEFUTUTA

Olive blossom, honey, smoky vanilla, cinnamon, jasmine, sandalwood, and champaca flower.

Mouse's Long and Sad Tale

Vanilla, two ambers, sweet pea and white sandalwood

Lyonesse

Golden vanilla and gilded musk, stargazer lily, white sandalwood, grey amber, elemi, orris root, ambergris and sea moss.

I second the recs for High-Strung Daisies, Mouse's Long & Sad Tale, and Hunger. And White Chocolate & Sugared Violets is great for an LE. And I'd add:

*Dawn: Maiden (Dawn) - "Tea roses, honeysuckle, heliotrope, olive blossom, milk, and honey."

*Eternal (Ars Moriendi) - "Stephanotis, cyclamen, heliotrope, white rose and gardenia."

*Euphrosyne (Excolo) - "Gardenia, tea rose, vanilla and jasmine."

*Josie (Crib Girls) - "Heady magnolia and honeyed peaches."

*Lady Amalthea (Last Unicorn) - "A luminous white winter musk with lilac, wisteria, white chocolate, white mint, and tuberose."

*Le Serpent Qui Danse (Ars Amatoria) - "Violet entwined with vanilla and gardenia."

*Love-Lies-Bleeding (Rappaccini's Garden) - "The velvet flower. A lush, thick, luxuriant bloom, bold and red." Smells like cocoa and roses.

*Roses Pearls and Diamonds (Marchen) - "Red roses, dazzling crystalline musks, and pearlescent coconut-tinged orris."

*Tamora (Illyria) - "Amber, heliotrope, golden sandalwood, peach blossom and vanilla bean."

And some of the Rappaccini's Garden scents are heavy floral with sweet honey (Yellow Jessamine honey is a nice jasmine & honey, and Oleander Honey is white floral & honey).

Edited by Little Bird

rec's for flowers and candy (sweet, candy-sugar florals!):

if you're okay with layering experiemnts: Frumious Bandersnatch with Love's Philosophy

High Strung Daisies - daisy, pink carnation, pink pepper, and sugar

Mouse's Long and Sad Tale - Vanilla, two ambers, sweet pea and white sandalwood

Hope or Faith - sugared rose or sugared violet

Xanthe - Guava, orange peel, white pepper, spun sugar and apple blossom.

Midnight on the Midway - sugared incense and night-blooming flowers.

Poisson d'Avril - Lenten rose, crested iris, Virginia bluebell, primrose, moss phlox, blue crocus, daffodil, and dewy tulip with a touch of sugar blossom and honey.

Rosy Maple - Lemon blossom, vanilla bean, huckleberry, sweet pea, rose sugar, acai berry, and candyfloss.

Nymphia - White rose, apple blossom, spun sugar, mango, cucumber, freesia, coconut, and lavender.

Thanks, guys... these sound great- particularly Xanthe, Hollywood Babylon, and Midnight on the Midway. And Prunella.

:) Also I like the perfume Pink Sugar if that helps. I was looking in the recommendation thread for that and there weren't any listed that really worked on me.

Now to manifest some money... :D

Pink Phoenix! It's not candy or bubblegum, but undeniable pink and sweet and a bit sexy. Pink Moon has phlox, which is just beautiful and PINK and sexy-sweet, but is not a floral. I am no help with those.

However, Lyonesse is lovely; it comes across on me as a golden, rich floral, without getting heady or annoying. It's only a bit sweet. Also seconding Midnight on the Midway.

I'm bumping this thread, not just because we're close to Valentine's Day, but because I absolutely have to have THIS:

There's always White Chocolate and Sugared Violets, which was a 2009 Lupercalia scent....

OMG, white chocolate and sugared violets? No kidding, I have to have this - what else smells like this? I'm guessing it's gone, since it sounds like a LE?

Thanks!

Edited by lisalovesbpal

I'm bumping this thread, not just because we're close to Valentine's Day, but because I absolutely have to have THIS:

There's always White Chocolate and Sugared Violets, which was a 2009 Lupercalia scent....

OMG, white chocolate and sugared violets? No kidding, I have to have this - what else smells like this? I'm guessing it's gone, since it sounds like a LE?

Thanks!

Actually, The Last Unicorn smells a lot like it. Which sort of makes sense as the notes to The Last Unicorn are Frosty lilac petals, iris pallida root, orris, violet leaf, white chocolate, coconut, wild lettuce, white sandalwood, and oakmoss.

*EDIT* And yes, like I said in that quoted post from a year ago, White Chocolate and Sugared Violets was a Lupercalia LE from 2009. But you might be able to find it in the sale/swap sections here on the forum, and The Last Unicorn is available now at least....

Edited by neptuneanblues

Ahhh, LOL! I'm an idiot - I have two bottles of "The Last Unicorn", and I love it! :lol: And I thought to myself after I posted, "I wonder if I found it, if it would be too similar to 'The Last Unicorn'?" So it sounds like I'm at least partially ahead of the game! ;)

Edited by lisalovesbpal

Ahhh, LOL! I'm an idiot - I have two bottles of "The Last Unicorn", and I love it! :lol: And I thought to myself after I posted, "I wonder if I found it, if it would be too similar to 'The Last Unicorn'?" So it sounds like I'm at least partially ahead of the game! ;)

Okay then. :)

Also, if you can find the prototype LULU7 (reviews here) for sale or swap 'round these parts, that might work for you as well... it's most likely a Last Unicorn proto (which I actually like better than The Last Unicorn)... it seems to perhaps be regular chocolate rather than white chocolate, and maybe a bit tangier.

You might really love Little Flora, meant to be peonies and cream, which is up on the Yules just till this month is over. It starts out with sweetness and goes to sweet strong floral.

Sybaris (violet, sweet clove, incense, and tonka) is a good GC candied-violet scent, with some additional complexity from the incense and clove.

How about Love-Lies-Bleeding or Love-in-Idleness?

Love-Lies-Bleeding smelled like chocolate and something red to me.

I think Love-in-Idleness is a soft floral, sort of a violet scent.

Edited by patina

Thanks!

There was a 2012 Yule called the governess- white musk, violet and vanilla were in the notes, this might be up your alley? I think they're gone now but you might be able to find some on the sales or swap pages... :)

My recommendations

Black Lotus is really bubble-y pink to me

or Peacock Queen (any of the rose scents would conjure up Valentines Day fun!)