Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Dark Alice

L’Eau du Chagrin Bath Oil

L'EAU DU CHAGRIN
French Lavender, rose geranium, white rose, vanilla orchid, benzoin, and carrot seed.

You know... I never keep a bath oil when I order inquisitions....but with this stuff this I think I will be making an exception. Lavender and rose geranium are the two strongest notes. The vanilla orchid barely makes an appearance but it does briefly waft in and out. This is so relaxing and calming. I think I will keep this and use this as a sleep aid b/c the lavender and geranium smell completely amazing. It's also soft without being harsh and intrusive. This truly is an amazing scent. :wub2:

I love lavender, so I was really excited for this, especially since the perfume was too white-floral for me.

In the bottle and wet it is all herbal lavender bliss. But, it quickly morphs into a huge white rose. Cold, soft, bright. All rose. If you can't get enough rose, you're definitely going to love this. It just didn't work for me, unfortunately.

I really like Chagrin for the 2 very different vibes I got from my first test.

Sniffed from the bottle it is very strong on the Lavender and Rose Geranium. I applied it to my skin at the end of my shower and was hit with both notes very strongly which makes it an invigorating, calming grounding scent. At this point the scent is great to help from a long stressful day. While I like scents like this, in the end I don't like to be perfumed this way.. so I stepped back under the hot water to see if I could soften it up... and BAM! I'm now covered with a really beautiful soft white rose scent which I ADORE! I feel like I'm getting two aromatherapy scents for the price of one! :lol: If Chagrin had stayed all Lavender/Geranium I doubt I would be using this bath oil very often, but the rose finish makes all the difference, love it! I'm very interested in seeing how this scent plays out in an actual bath. :)

Normally I love lavender blends, but this has too much floral going along with the lavender. Too much sharp floral here...

Lavender and Geranium are strongest here...when I use it as a moisturizer I smell a hint of carrot, but not in the bath. ? I'm ok with not smelling the carrot LOL. I love Lavender, but I was hoping the Geranium would be subtle and it's not. I will use my decant up, and that will be enough. :)

I got a decant of this. In the vial it smells very herbal, but with an intriguing peek of orchid.

In the shower, made into a homemade sugar scrub, this is hardcore lavender with a bit of support from geranium.

But when I get out of the shower, it's all floral: geranium mostly, but very restrained now, with a soft white rose underpinning. I am very taken by this one. I like the intensity of the lavender and the way it turns so soft, light, and pretty afterward.

I picked up a bottle of this; it's my favorite from that series.

JESUS, this smells phenomenal.

It's a soft lavender, with hints of geranium and rose underpining. Soft, light, pretty.

You know how Butterfly Nectar is just GORGEOUS as a bath oil, all flowers and honey? This is like the Butterfly Nectar of LAVENDER.

UNF.

Need more.

in the bottle it smells like pure lavender, but i don't get much on my skin. it starts off with mostly white rose and some backing lavender, maybe a hint of the carrot seed. after a bit, it softens and i think it's mostly rose and vanilla orchid. it's mostly dominated by rose, but the other notes soften it, so as not to make it too strong or sharp, but it is definitely a rosy scent, at least on my skin it is. it almost reminds me of tea rose, but i think it's softer due to the vanilla orchid. i really really like this. after awhile, the rose seems to fade completely, and i'm left with vanilla orchid and carrot seed.

Edited by theseagrows