Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sharkdiver

L’Eau de L’Ardeur Bath Oil

L'EAU DE L'ARDEUR
French vanilla, tea rose, champaca flower, and white chocolate.

Got this today! and OH. MY. GOD is this gorgeous. This smells exactly like how I imagined (hoped) it would smell!

In the bottle, it smells like creamy white chocolate covered roses...I almost wanted to eat it!

as it diluted in the bath, this still smelled creamy, and like roses, but not overbearing roses...gentle, very subtle roses. and every now and again, a whiff of creamy white chocolate. The image this evokes in my mind is soaking in a large Victorian bathroom, with cherub statues all around - it truly is the essence of Love! I think I need a gallon of this!!!

All I get from this is chocolate covered raspberries. Actually, raspberry flavored chocolate would be a more accurate description. It smells like the taste of these terrible Mrs. Fields "chocolates" I was given; the chocolate was waxy and sugary and the raspberry was artificial tasting.

This one just didn't play nice with me, unfortunately.

White chocolate is one of my favourite things ever and this smells just like it, along with delicate rose and an oomph of vanilla. Absolutely gorgeous.

I used it as a moisturizer and I love it! I smell the white chocolate and the sweet roses. I layer it with the perfume as well. Heaven!

Edited by AnnabelleLee

Very intriguing blend. In the bottle, I get white chocolate mixed with florals. Maybe some rose, but no champaca. At first, I actually thought there was something like ylang ylang in there but I guess not. Very rich. I tried this in the shower earlier and it stayed true to its itself when I applied it to my skin. Didn't morph at all. It lasted on me for the rest of the evening. It's pleasant and I'll gladly use up the entire decant but I won't bother buying a full bottle.

I'll be honest about a couple of things here:

1. I'm reviewing this mid-sinusitis, so my opinions may change when my nose is back up to 100%.

2. I HATE rose scents. Hate them.

Now, #2 having been said, I actually really like this oil! Haven't used it directly on my skin (more of a shower bomb type thing), but I get a strong, strong blast of creamy white chocolate right off the bat. After awhile, the chocolate mellows a bit, and it starts to smell like white chocolate covered rose petals. Yummy! While I wouldn't by another bottle of it, I will for sure use up the one I have!

I tried this tonight and was blown away at how prominent the champaca (which I love) was when it hit the water. Sniffing in the bottle, I just got chocolate, which is why I've had it a while and not tested it yet bc it seemed a little boring. Not so when it hit the water - absolutely LOVE it!!!!

I thought I wouldn't like this, as it smells strongly of white chocolate in the bottle, which I'm not a fan of. Eating yes, but not smelling like it. On, it's a muted vanilla with a touch of rose and the barest hints of white chocolate. Not sure why, but this is kiiind of similar to Perle Von Mauren, like expensive lotion. This is good, as I love PVM. I'll keep the decant, as I do enjoy this, but no need to upgrade, as I have PVM.

This is quite delectable, sweet chocolate mixed with velvety roses and a dash of vanilla. As it soaks into my bath water, it leans heavily on the foodie side, with the rose providing a pleasant backdrop.

Afterwards, my skin had a lingering hint of creamy sweetness and roses, which lasted until I fell asleep. A very charming bath oil!

In the bottle I got creamy chocolate and roses so I thought I'd love this but on my skin I only get what I assume is the champaca and it's giving me a bit of a headache :cry2:

Off to swaps with this one I'm afraid.

finally testing this! on my arm, not in the bath. it starts of all white chocolate, then the other lovely notes come out and it's quite lovely. a warm, white chocolatey- floral scent. cozy yet a little decadent. i am not a big fan of foody scents, but this is one i can deal with. the white chocolate isn't overly sweet and i love the other notes a lot too, so that helps. i can't wait to try this in the bath!

Creamy white chocolate, hint of roses. This smells decadent, and what I would consider a traditional 'Valentine's Day/romance' smell. It's sweet, indulgent chocolate and roses.

Chocolate, roses, romance.