Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
violetblue

L’Eau de L’Engouement Bath Oil

L'EAU DE L'ENGOUEMENT
Pink strawberries, sugar cane, and candy floss.

This smelled very high end the moment it hit the tub - I've never smelled Jo Malone bath oils, but I know they are pricey, and if you put this in a Jo Malone bottle, I'd believe it was theirs, just from what I have read about them. This is just....luxurious. It's sweet strawberry candy scent with an expensive underlying perfume essence to it, and best of all, it lingers on the skin, which many softer scents don't do on me. This is not a generic cotton candy smell or synthetic strawberry - this is upscale, baby. Love! :wub2:

ETA: I have almost used this all up. I have never used up a whole bottle of bath oil, or even made a dent in one like I did with this. Off to DISOs I go! Love this bath oil!!!!!!!!!! I have been mixing it with Moonalisa's Snow Ice bath brew and it's an awesome cocktail.

Ooooh, this is so pink and pretty! :heart: It's strawberry cotton candy, and reminds me a bit of Velvet Unicorn or Kitty! The Lab's strawberry notes either go plasticky on me or work very well, and this is 99% perfect. In the beginning there's a second where I wonder if it's going to be plastic doll head, then the sugary candy takes over. I want to slather myself with this but I can tell a little goes a long way.

Sweet pink strawberry sugar! That's what this smells like on my skin. After a couple of hours all I can smell is a nondescript pink sugar smell. It still smells nice, but I hope the strawberry note strengths as it ages.

I used this as a bath oil and it was all strawberry candy floss with an extra dose of sugar. Its very sweet, but not as much as the perfume oil, and quite delicious. The throw wasn't overly strong but lasted throughout the bath. Yum! :yum:

Yep, pure strawberry cotton candy. :wub2: I dabbed this on my wrists to test and I could still catch whiffs of it six to seven hours later, which is rare for light BPAL/BPTP blends. This is gorgeous, and it does feel expensive--what a regal, sophisticated woman would use in her bath when she wants to feel young and cavalier. I'm definitely mulling a backup of this.

Like a perfectly pink blend of Velvet Unicorn and Kitty, as mentioned above. This is so sweet and pretty it gives me a smile I can't wipe off my face. I love scents like these; candyish and unashamedly girly. Definitely need more than one bottle before it disappears.

This made me feel like a little girl again! :wub2: It's strawberry candy! Absolutely delicious. Girly, very young, and very sweet. Definitely for a day when I'm feeling nostalgic.

The L'Engouement set taught me to never judge a products on the initial sniff. When I first sniffed the oil, I thought it was very buttery smelling, a bit like melted butter with some sugared candies. However, the following morning I used it in the shower and could smell it all day long. It's very soft, comforting, lingering. And layered with the perfume oil, it makes me feel dressed up and ready for the day. I like it and it makes me want to try more bath oils!

This is also a bathoil decant i got from my lovely friend.

I can totally see why its popular. its nearly pure candy like sugared strawberry. In fact in germany some people like to cut up strawberries, put sugar on them and let them sit. The sugar strawberry sauce you get by this is EXCATLY what it smells like.

On me as after shower moisturizer it still smelled like this but it got a perfumy twist.

I dont like my bpal to smell perfumy and this one is also overall a bit to sweet for me.

It was nice to try but i dont need a full bottle of it...

This is definitely a pink scent! In the bottle I find it quite perfumey and I was kind of skeptical at first. But I finally got around to using it in the bath last night and it is much better once it hits the water. It turned into a very sweet, slightly tangy strawberry scent with just a hint of a perfume smell in the background. I was actually hoping for more of a cotton candy smell but I still like this one very much.

First of all, I have to say I'm REALLY picky about 'pink' blends, especially those with strawberry in them. Right away, I can tell this is going to be a win on my skin. I'm getting a beautiful strawberry, with musky greenery in the background. These are like tiny wild strawberries, sweet and decadent, though they do look so very innocent. Sugar cane is always a miss to me, but here I've found an exception. There is only slight sweetness, and it mostly smells like the sweetness from cotton candy. This is a more 'grown up' strawberry blend to me. It reminds me of Loligoth a lot, which is the only other strawberry blend that works for me. That with Midnight on the Midway are the only 'pink' scents I can wear. I must try the perfume now to see if it is a win as well. I love surprises! :wub2:

OK, spoke too soon. After a bit, it does get a bit cloying, and the musky vibe, unfortuneately disappears. I like it still, but not the 'omg must find a bottle now', like. The decant will be enough for when I want to smell girly. I sure do wish the musk stayed.

Edited by milo

To my nose: I recognize this strawberry scent fromwhen I was a kid and used The Body Shop's Strawberry showergel! This is that,but with an orange twist.

On me: There has to be oranges in this, because on me, that's all I can smell for a very long time. And not sweet oranges either, more like the bitter peel. That made me a little sad, because I thought it would smell more like the perfume (sour candy-strawberries), but none the less, I will love my bottle!

Sweet sweet Strawberry candy laced with vanilla...this is drool worthy for sure. I have only used a bit of this as a moisturizer (only have a decant), and it smells glorious. Staying power as a moisturizer is actually pretty good - lasted about 3 hours on my skin. :)

Oh, this is fantastic!

Bought a partial on a whim and I'm glad I did! I just took a bath with it and it was just this lovely, pink, soft strawberry sweetness- surprisingly luxurious. In fact, this blend is so luxurious that it put the fact that I was in a shoddy, too-shallow bathtub completely out of my mind. I closed my eyes and sunk down and just breathed it in.

Then when I got out I put some oil in my hair and my hair smells amazing, like pink strawberries and fluffs of candy floss. It's certainly girly but it's not at all childish. Mmmm, I need to find more of this. :heart:

I'm reviewing it after I did an accidental putting it on for moisturizing. I bought it back when it came out and I was still ignoring my allergic reactions. Now, it's for the girl to use.

This is pure strawberry with a shot of cotton candy in the background. As it dries, it gets more clingy and sugary, but the strawberry stays at the foreground.

I really do wish I could wear it, but not when I have to take two benadryl within minutes of it coming in contact with me. At least, I can still enjoy the scent when it emanates from the girl's skin.

Pink candy! I get sugary sweetness and a whiff of strawberry. Very pink, very sugary, very sweet. If you ever wanted to roll around in sugary candy, I'd definitely pick this bath oil.