Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
CapricornSister

Aphrodite Eyrkine Atmosphere Spray

Blood orange, ylang ylang, red musk, jasmine, and mimosa.

This stuff is da bomb! I have been using this since I got it last Thursday and I can safely say this bottle will be gone soon, so I need to order more asap!

Initially I get the orange with the jasmine/ylang combo giving it a slightly heady floral feel. The red musk is lurking in the background at first. On drydown (on my sheets and blankets), the red musk is the star! Slightly dirty but warm and glorious. I literally grin ear to ear when smelling this!

This combo is just fantastic. Very sexy! :wub2:

(a perfume version of this would be great! *hint hint*) =)

I mainly get ylang ylang from this one, which is fine but I work with it a LOT at work and so it reminds me somewhat of the blending area and being stressed when needing to meet deadlines. Other than that personal association, the scent is very sweet and sensual and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. The jasmine is much more obvious once the spritz has settled, though I have to say that I'm not really getting any red musk. There's a hint of blood orange, but only just. It's a keeper, but I don't think I'll require a back-up.

Heady floral, very sugary and girlish. The red musk seems almost candied - maybe the blood orange? Ultimately it's too sweet for me.

Lots of jasmine with a touch of citrus. I don't like jasmine to wear, but don't mind it as a room fragrance. I love the fresh, airiness of this blend, and it is perfect for this time of year. Unfortunately, it's a fast fade.

Lots of jasmine, hints of ylang ylang and citrus.

Sadly, mr. zee_zee is not a fan of BPAL's jasmine note.

This is off to a better home.

This is straight up Jasmine Sambac/Night Blooming to my nose (which is lovely). I only have a tester decant, but I really wish I could pick out some Red Musk or Orange as I love both.

I only have a decant of this one, so that might be why it seems lighter to me than some of the other atmosphere sprays. I'm not getting any red musk or orange from mine; this is pretty much all perfumey, yellowy jasmine to my nose. It's not as heavy and overwhelming as the jasmine and florals in Cathouse, but it still makes me feel a bit headachey.

I love this one. I keep it in my bedroom to spray the linens with after I make the bed, and I seem to always accidentally get some on the clothes I have laid out to wear :lol: It's very very jasmine to me, and that is OK. I do smell the sharpness of the orange, also great.

Beautiful! At least at first, I don't get any orange at all, which is good because I was a little concerned about the orange note. But it's all gorgeous florals - I can definitely smell jasmine and ylang ylang especially. After about 10 minutes, the musk comes out, with just a touch of orange to make it interesting without making it foody. It remains mainly a floral scent.

My rating: 4 stars