Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
violetblue

Aphrodite Kypria Atmosphere Spray

Egyptian musk, Ceylon cinnamon, cassia, and bourbon vanilla.

I hadn't bought an atmo spray in a while so I figured I was due one. This smells great! :joy: The cinnamon is of the foody/bake style variety to my nose, not candle store smelling, it's strong but good, and I am not the biggest cinnamon fan. Spraying this makes me think of snickerdoodle cookies. In fact I am dying for one now. :yum: The musk is very behind the scenes in this, for those who may be wondering, at least in my bottle. :)

There's also a nekkid lady on the bottle. :lol:

The first spritz is HELLO CINNAMON, but right away I can tell that this isn't a yucky candle or baked goods cinnamon that I tend to dislike. It's like cinnamon cotton candy and a delicious bourbon vanilla with a raisiny Pedro Ximenez sherry in the background.

I have to be careful with this stuff though. A bit of it drifted on my face and burned my lips. My kitty cat did not like it and bolted out of the room.

This is the most gorgeous, sexy room/linen spray EVER. The cinnamon is of the subtle, woody cinnamon bark variety, and combined with the fabulous Egyptian musk and the rich undertone of the bourbon vanilla it's just to die for. My bedroom and sheets will smell of this forever more, amen. I smile every time I walk into the room now. Another bonus: it is VERY long lasting. One spritz and I can still smell it hours later.

Still, I just ordered TWO backup bottles.

:wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

ETA: March 1, 2012

The musk continues to emerge in Kypria, so for those who are under the impression that this is all cinnamon, allow me to waggle my finger at you: :uhuhuh:

I would say sophisticated cinnamon bark 55%, sexufab Egyptian musk 45%. There's a hint of vanilla undertone, too.

Edited by OctoberGwen

I'm in love with this one already, which is odd because I'm usually a bit iffy about cinnamon. It's very warming and sultry and also comforting, all at the same time. I don't get any musk, but I do get the cassia and the vanilla. Yum.

Hmm.. on spraying this into the air, I am greeting by Mr Cinnamon. HELLO, Mr Cinnamon! This isn't Mr Crappy Candle Cinnamon though, this is Mr Cyril Casanova Cinnamon.. the very sophisticated exotic and spicy hotnaughty kind of cinnamon that tickles your nose and can loosen the elastic of yer knickers. The type of cinnamon that dresses in a three-piece suit with a fob watch tucked into his waistcoat pocket, and tips his hat when he says hello. Polite cinnamon. And if you like Monsterbait Underbed, you'll like the cassia in this one - my first thought was of Underbed when the cassia in Kypria poked out from behind the cinnamon - it has a nice soft sweetness but a definite spicy tone.

The only problem with the cinnamon & cassia twosome is that they are very dominating - pretty much all I got from Kypria for a good while was C&C. And in case you were wondering - that's C&C being cinnamon and cassia, not Cheech and Chong - I would know if those two had been in my house because my bowl would be empty and there would be pizza boxes on the floor, no beer left in the fridge, and mysterious stains on my couch.

It was only when I had left the room for about 15 minutes then walked back in that I found the true beauty of Kypria. Oh.. Egyptian musk, how I love you - I love your clean, pure, gentle beauty - you are the goddess of musks, and you rightfully belong in this Aphrodite spray. And bourbon vanilla is the God of all vanillas, in my opinion. Thank you both for showing up - I'm so glad you made an appearance, but I wish there was more of you. Unfortunately the elegant beauty of Egyptian musk and the sumptuous richness of bourbon vanilla are no match for C&C, who have apparently forgotten their manners and taken over the show.

I really wanted Kypria to be all about the Egyptian musk and bourbon vanilla - I was hoping there would be only a hint of the cinnamon/cassia. To be honest, I would have liked there to be no C&C at all, but that's just me and my love for EM and BV. If I had to put numbers to it, I would say my bottle is 85% cinnamon/cassia and 15% Egyptian musk/bourbon vanilla.. and sadly, that's not what I was hoping for - I wanted the reverse of that. Kypria is really beautiful - a gorgeous spray, and it smells all kinds of awesomesexypants, but just not what I was hoping for.. and I'm saying that not as a criticism, but because hopefully it will be helpful to others who come here wondering about the balance of notes.

Oh - and as mxtine says, don't get this on you, or on the cat, or on Cheech and Chong if they happen to be visiting. It's a stinger, for sure.

This is my favorite room spray. Actually, it's now one of my favorite smells, period. I'm able to smell the notes, but when I shut my brain down and just smell it - it smells like Cinnamon honey! Delicious, sexy and better than I imagined it would be. 10/10 Amazing.

Very warm cinnamon spice. It smells like a spice cabinet! Not getting any kind of musks here, and it fades pretty fast for being a spice dominant blend.

Nom!

I do like this one - it reminds me a lot of my beloved SawScaled Viper, all schmexy spices & vanilla musk.

True, it doesn't last all that long but it's delicious while it does.

Kypria is definitely cinnamon and musk. For me, it smells like a smoky, woody cinnamon. There's an almost 'scorched' component to it - except that would imply that its horrible, but its not.

It's this intensely smoky, woody cinnamon. Definitely not foody. Hints of musk after about 15 - 20 minutes, now that I can smell it.

I'd sum this up as intense.

I like this, but it's so spicy and strong that it gives me a headache after a while. The cinnamon and cassia are intense, dark, and spicy with a bit of sweetness. It sort of has a dark & mysterious spice cabinet feel. I don't smell much of the vanilla or musk. I'm already passing my decant on to a friend who loves spicier scents, as it's a bit much for me.

Surprise hit for me.. and okay I am going to sound crazy but this morning I woke up and was like "wtf? I didn't wear the girl or black opal.."

Yes, this starts off with cinnamon/ cassia with a hint of muskiness. But (hours) after drydown, I detect the sweet creamy vanilla that I smell in the above mentioned perfumes. Faint, but she's there. Getting as much of this one as possible <3 Great staying power.