Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Plum honey, passion fruit, pomegranate, benzoin, French lavender, blonde tobacco, black currant, vanilla bean, lemon balm, Tunisian opium, violet sugar, clove, and white grapefruit.

In bottle: Vaguely combined grapefruit and pomegranate dominant with lavender and violet combining for a close second. The fruits generally side with pomegranate/grapefruit, with passion fruit next strongest. Vanilla and the other floral/edible notes support the violet/lavender with vanilla strongest. A weak third faction is formed by opium supported by tobacco. It is complicated, but works well together. I would classify it as strongly fruity. Wet: Still pomegranate dominant with it’s faction the strongest. The purple spicy non-fruit foody faction is softer, while the opium/tobacco faction is a bit stronger, 3which lets them balance. On the skin, they all play even better together, with the vanilla dancing in and out of all three factions. I was worried it would be to floral when I smelled it in the bottle, but on the skin it’s all a lovely setting for the pomegranate. Omnomnom. Dry: Mostly benzoin, currnt, and vanilla with a touch of clove.

Not a morpher for me, pretty true in the bottle, wet and dry.

Wet, tart fruits sweetened with honey, vanilla and the lovely vanilla-esque goodness of benzoin. I like it very much, although I know I have something else pretty similar.

I only wish I got some clove from it, that'd be awesome. Still, a very nice, relaxing, probably even better during the warm months, scent.

Edited by Wren12

In the imp: Sweet and juicy with a hint of woods (which is awesome because I don't remember seeing any woods in the note list?)

Wet on skin: Oh no! As soon as this hit my skin it turned into cherry cough drops! Uggggh.

Dry on skin: Thankfully the cherry cough drop phase didn't last long. This very quickly turned into something sweet and a little dusty (in a good way) with some warmth and spice. Mmmmmm. *hugs wrist* I like you.

ITI: It's darkly fruity and floral. I'm picking up the passionfruit, the plum honey, pomegranate, black currant, and something that reads as slightly soapy (but in a positive way).

Wet: I think it's the plum honey that has turned soapy on me. I still get those notes plus the dark purple fruits, although it's strongly, and I mean very strongly, reminding me of The Body Shop's Dewberry perfume. Okay, so in direct comparison, BPAL's Street Fair is sweeter and softer. Dewberry is strong, brazen almost, and slightly green, but still very similar.

Dry: Dried, the plum honey is softly blended with the vanilla, which has now emerged, in addition to the violet sugar and pomegranate. It's refreshing and gorgeous!

Very, very fruity! This is what I'd hoped Pruno would be. It doesnthave that fizzy tomato leaf ickyness that Pruno has, just lovely, summery fruits.

Lavender and fruit, kind of equal parts of both. Also a little hazy/fizzy over the top, I'm guessing from the opium.

Unusual scent, and in no way offensive. I think that people who like those champagne scents should maybe try this one -- it really does smell a little fizzy/bubbly to me, and fairly complex. Like I said, I can't imagine that anyone would find this scent offensive. Safe to wear anywhere. Quiet, pretty.

If you leave it on for ten minutes before trying to sort out the notes it becomes clearer that plum is the dominant fruit note with the others supporting and grapefruit adding a tartness. There is something slightly bitter here as well which interplays with the sweetness. It doesn't smell simply fruity.

After 1/2 hour the fruits back off a bit and there is a musky note that comes out. It becomes less innocent. It may be the opium as well giving it a much more sophisticated vibe. The violet is more prominent now, a slinky soft violet. This is really a soft plum-violet scent it just takes a while to get there. I really really like this. Sadly, if I put on too much it gives me a headache.

Edited by Myrrha

Wet: Lusciously fruity and sweet with a hint of crushed petals. No distinct notes jump out at me here.

Drydown: A little plummy, and tinges of violet. Lots of unindentified notes are still swirling in the mix.

Dry: A softly floral dusky plum.

Overall: Quite pretty, though not my usual style.