Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pink roses, rice flower, peony, lilac, and white honey.

Bottle: Roses! Lots of them! And another sharp floral that I have to guess is the lilac/peony mix.

Wet: Roses and peony. It's such a lovely combination.

Drying: I'm worrying about the honey because it usually goes rancid on me but if the scent wants to keep up all florals all the time, I'm good with that. And that seems to be the way it is heading.

Dry: It's hard for my nose to pick out the flowers now, they're all blended really nicely together. To my surprise, the honey note in this is working really well. It has a tiny little bit of sweetness that's not going disgusting.

Verdict: I am really liking this, as I like the majority of the Shungas. And they come out right before my birthday so you know what most of my presents are! This month, for some reason, I'm really being drawn to roses and this may satiate my rose-hunger!

In the imp: A beautiful rose scent with a sharp peony edge.

Wet: Yup. So lovely.

Dry: I tried this last week and it went all gross and sour, but now it seems to be working. It's a really pretty rose with a sharp, almost cherry blossom edge. Bottle worthy.

At first, a soft, sweet pink rose. Very subtle, I can hardly smell it. As it dries, it strengthens, and the honey comes out, and the rose does what it does often on me, turns sour, but not much here, the honey must be counteracting or something. Not getting other florals, though this is a pretty aged sniffie. Not bad for a rose scent, but I don't need any more.

This is a scent I had to have from the notes - I enjoy pretty much all of them. Yet when it arrived I sniffed it, liked it, but then it kind of got overlooked for a while in favor of other scents. This happens to me a lot... which is kind of fun when I rediscover a scent later and am like "wow, this is great!" After wearing it yesterday, I can say that Blooming Rose is pretty much one of my highest ranking scents - a "wow, this smells amazing, I don't ever want to run out of this" scent. (Though I will make an effort to use instead of hoard it because I want to enjoy it!)

In the bottle, it's mainly a sweet, soft, springy smell of flowers - it's actually hard for my nose to pick out any in particular, it's more like sticking my nose into a big vase full of them. It smells very pretty.

On my skin, it's much the same (sweet, springy florals) except the rose starts to be more prominent than the others. I'm still not entirely sure about all the different rose notes (especially the difference between "white" and "pink"), but this is definitely a sort of lighter, fresher, springy, girly rose compared to something like Peacock Queen or even Rose Red - not one of those dark red roses.

Rice flower is not a note I'm familiar with on its own, but several people have described it as making a scent smell "smooth" or "creamy", and this scent does have that sort of quality, especially after an hour or two. I can see how some people might get soap from this, in that it smells like a fancy soap might be scented, but fortunately it doesn't have that soapy quality on me. This scent is long-lasting on me, with a sweet, slightly powdery honey base that lasts all day.

I think this is going to get a lot of wear this spring <3

Scents that you may also enjoy if you like this (just based on scents I also own): Peony Moon 2013, Weeping Branches Moon, Poisson d'Avril

This scent lists so many of my favorite notes, but on me, it's not particularly dynamic. It's sweet and pretty and the rose doesn't dominant, but that's about it - sweet and pretty.

Wet, I said aloud "I smell like an old lady...but a nice old lady" That passed quickly into warm wet lovely flowers. This is a perfect light pink/pastel purple scent.

This was hefty floral, way too much floral for me. The rose was light and definitely pink. It wasn't until late late drydown that it sweetened up and the honey poked through. I always underestimate the power of floral.

Very floral right up front.  Just a big ol bouquet of flowers Flowers FLOWERS.  I get quite a bit of peony up front.  This is one of the fragrances, in fact, that made me realize, peony's not my jive.  Then a sweet, gentle rose comes forward.  Very pink.  I think the lilac's in the background, adding a hint of creaminess and maybe tempering the sweetness a bit?  

SO many flowers.  I don't know what rice flowers smell like so I don't know if I'm smelling them.

This is an unabashedly floral and feminine blend.  Creamy.  Medium weight.  Sort of demure?  Peony and rose lovers might really dig it.  If you like scents like The Reaper and the Flowers and Les Fleurs du Mal, you might dig it.  It's not for me though.  

Blooming rose was primarily fresh pink rose on me, backed by some peony. I never was able to get any of the other notes out of this blend. The rose reigned for a really long time, with the peony joining it after several hours of wear.

I'm glad I got to try it, but I wish the honey had been able to sweeten these floral notes more on me.