Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pink roses, rice flower, peony, lilac, and white honey.

JUST GOT THEM IN!!!

In the Bottle: light florals and something sharp, but not acidic sharp. Thinking maybe the peony or lilac?

Wet: I was THRILLED the blooming rose was soft and lightly rosy, with that nice creamy rice flower feel to it. Never smelled any honey, but it was lovely!

Dry: *sad panda* first time I've ever gotten this reaction. It's halfway between dishsoap and baby powder of doom. I definitely smell like soap first and foremost, but it's a very powdery scented soap. :-(

I weep!! To the swap pile you go! :-(

:wub2: :wub2:

This is GORGEOUS. A fresh, clean rose scent complemented by lilac, and what I guess is the honey and rice flower keeping it from being too airy.

It's very like Les Fleurs du Mal but more complex, and also reminds me a little of Dawn:Maiden so if you like that, you might like this and vice versa; on the other hand, they're not so similar that disliking one means you won't like the other. :D

So glad I sprung for a bottle unsniffed!

(So close to being first! Well, I'm the first positive review. :D)

Edited by reconditarmonia

Reconditarmonia said it all--this blend is GORGEOUS.

The rose note here is definitely pink (perhaps with some help of the peony, but I can't really detect it), and the secondary notes keep it from getting too sharp. I detected a very slight green, stem-like note beneath the rose. Smelling this reminded me strongly of the geranium soap at The Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, which always smelled like pink roses to my nose. The rice flower keeps the rose smooth and lovely, while the lilac helps to reinforce the "hey, I'm in a garden" sensibility of this blend.

I don't generally buy back-ups because I have yet to go through an entire bottle, but I would be crushed if I ever ran out of this. I have quite a few rose scents that I wear regularly (Katrina van Tassel, Whip, Alice, and Rose Red), but Blooming Rose beats them all. Beth really outdid herself with this one.

Blooming Rose is a lovely, well-blended floral that will be a perfect Springtime scent. Rose is prominent so you know it is there, but it is clear that this is a mixed bouquet. There is a slight undertone of fancy floral soap, which is probably related to the lilac, but somehow that works FOR it rather than against. I'm not sure what "white honey" is, but normally I amp all kinds of honey and I don't recognize the usual stuff in this at all because this is all girly flowers. Very dainty, but suprisingly long-lasting on me!

Thoughts before testing: This blend should be total win on me because I adore each of the notes listed!

Wet: Beautiful blast of rose and lilac, but not soapy at all. Just pure beautiful florals.

Dry down: The rose and lilac are being sweetened by the honey, keeping it from going soapy. I can smell just the barest breath of rice flower and peony in the background. Loving this!

Dry: By one hour after application, the perfume is completely gone from my skin. I can't smell anything!

Final thoughts: I really really loved the way this smelled, but it disappeared so fast! I might need a scent locket for this one, because it's just too pretty to pass on.

Verdict: I'm going to try a few things to see if I can get it to last longer on my skin because the scent is a win for me.

I really do like this. The rose is very feminine and sweet, and the honey tempers the lilac and wisteria so that they aren't too sharp, soapy or old-lady-ish. However, it seems to disappear a little. I will keep the imp but I don't think I'm getting a bottle

I am admittedly picky with rose, but the more this keeps drying down, the more I am loving it. The pink rose is gentle and not overy dry or dominant, balanced with the feminine pink peony I recognize from Lady in Speckled Pink Kimono and a springy touch of lilac, all pleasantly sweetened by the white honey and given a certain soft creaminess by the rice flower. Bottle for sure. :heart:

Decant--sweet pink rose

Wet--lilac, tons of lilac, with rose close behind and other florals in the background

1st hour--stays very lilac, with little of the other notes asserting themselves, but they keep the lilac complex and not soapy

Later--gets progressively stronger on the rose until there's really nothing else. It's a nice pink rose, but nothing terribly noteworthy. I never really got much sense of peony -- which can have a lot in common with rose anyway -- and I'm not familiar with rice flower. White honey never jumped out either, but may have lent a nice sweetness.

Lasts a few hours and pretty good silage.

I'll probably keep the decant, but not getting a bottle.

This is a nice rose for people that dont normally like rose scents. On me, this came across as very creamy, and yet still fresh. I definitely get the rice flower and slightly powdery honey, maybe both of those as much as the pink rose. I agree with Gateau, this is not soapy at all.

Its very reminiscent of pink snowballs imo. Not quite as chilly, but still a sweet creamy soft rose.

As soon as I got my sniffies in, I quickly went through all of them and took a quick whiff without having the notes in front of me. This one impressed me the most. In the vial, it's a fresh, yet delicate rose and a hint of peony. Wet, it remains as that light and fresh rose for approximately ten seconds then starts to hooks its roots into my skin and show its headier side. It's slowly becoming that rose note that most of the lab's blends has, sadly. I like rose, but I was hoping for something different. No lilac nor honey. After five minutes, it seems to have stabilized itself as a pure rose blend on me. Definitely not a soapy rose, but just heady. I would have sprung for a bottle if it smelled like how it does in the vial on me.

Roses, with a hint of lilac and peony. It isn't the lush red rose from say Peacock Queen or Rose Red. This one is a sweeter, milder rose note. Definitely pink.

Pretty, but not for me. On the other hand, if you like rose blends, this would be a KILLER bridal perfume.

In the bottle: Lots of lilac, tempered a little by the sweetness of the honey.

Wet: Now I'm getting hints of the rose and the rice flower.

The dry-down: In the dry-down, the peony finally makes its presence known. If you like Peony Moon, you will probably like this. I got it mostly for the rose and the honey notes. It's a nice floral, not too heavy, and not too light. A lovely spring-time scent. :)

In the imp: Heavy on the roses and peony. The other notes help round out the overall scent. I really like the combination of notes here.

Wet, on my skin: The base is rose, but the peony and rice flower are prominent, adding brightness and a sort of Asian-inspired flair to the scent. I don't get much lilac, but I can detect it very lightly at the back.

Drydown: The lilac is coming out more now. White honey deepens the scent and holds it all together. Fabulous.

Dry: A very well-blended soft floral.

This is really nice, and it makes a great spring scent. If you're into soft, feminine florals, this just might be your holy grail.

Rose is first, then mostly lilac, but sweet wonderful lilac. Very foofy and pretty, like Chantilly lace. Sort of retro, but not Ol' Ladyesque.

This is mostly sweet rose and clean rice flower on me. I can't pick out the peony, lilac and honey exactly, but I think they're adding a lot of sweetness to the rose. The drydown is still tons of rose, slightly less sweet, and with a powdery, clean edge. Not my favorite rose blend, but it's not bad.

I have always been a rose fan, but lately it seems the reverse isn't true. Blooming Rose smells exquisite in the bottle--so sweet and pure, it's perfect for evoking angels.

On my skin, it gets a little plasticky, esp. at the beginning. Too sweet.

But the later drydown is SOOO gorgeous. The Rice Flower smooths everything out until I just want to huff my wrist.

My imp is a decant from the lovely spiresinthesnow.

In the imp: Oil is clear and a pinkish light yellow color. I first smell roses, then lilac comes in with equal strength, and I can also pick up a little honey.

On me, wet: The immediate fragrance is all rose, and very beautiful. After a couple of minutes, it is much the same as in the imp, but more nuanced (undoubtedly from the other flowers, which I don't have enough familiarity with to identify specifically.) I knew that from either the name or the description alone I'd want a full vial of this, and it fully lives up to my expectations. I'm in rose-and-lilac heaven!

After 10 minutes: It has already lightened up quite a bit as it dries; and the subtler nuances have faded away. But the rose and lilac remain and are two of my most-favorite-scents-ever, so they can inspire my adoration all by themselves. As beautiful as each one is alone, the two are stunning in combination.

After 20 minutes: Save as above.

After 30 minutes: Still swooning . . .

After 1 hour: The scent has lost some of its freshness and has gone a little plastic. That's not a flaw in the perfume, but something that my skin chemistry does to a lot of scents. It still also has the lovely floral notes, and I know that if the tinge of plastic bothers me, I can wear this in the perfume locket instead of - or as well as - on my skin. That would also be a great way to retain the subtle nuances of the shorter-lived top notes (the honey, rice flower, and peony.)

After 2 hours: Almost completely gone. There's just the faintest trace of a somewhat plastic-y rose note remaining.

After 7 hours: I'm pleasantly surprised to find that although very, very faint, what is left of the fragrance has returned to a true rose.

Verdict: For flower lovers only. It isn't a long-lasting scent (at least not with any strength), but this is too beautiful to care about that. I can reapply often or wear it in the perfume locket to make it last longer. There was never a moment when I doubted that I would want a full bottle of this. I've already ordered it!

My rating: 5 stars

Another unsniffed bottle, because I missed Lupers decant circles. I decided to take a chance on a few. This one I'm very glad I did.

It's a very dewy pink, light rose, with some lilac when wet in the bottle.

Wet on skin, and dry, the rice flower kicks in and makes this into a very smooth, light, beautiful floral blend. It doesn't scream any one note, it's just a beautiful spring-y light floral. I love it, and am very glad to have a bottle of it.

I have always been a rose fan, but lately it seems the reverse isn't true. Blooming Rose smells exquisite in the bottle--so sweet and pure, it's perfect for evoking angels.

On my skin, it gets ugly indeed--what I thought was Ylang Ylang that makes my skin smell like the vase water that hasn't been changed for a month even though the flowers are dead...that note sticks its tongue out at me with contempt. So I can't smell my wrist for at least an hour.

But the later drydown is SOOO gorgeous. The Rice Flower smooths everything out until I just want to huff my wrist.

Edited for note correction.

A beautiful sweet rose. I really like this one! I can't believe how the rose scents this Lupercalia are such a hit for me! This scent is pretty much a beautiful, sweet blend. A tiny bit soapy, but still very beautiful.

I bought a decant of this. I was excited to try it.In the bottle: I smell rose and peony which I think complement each other .Wet: the rose starts to amp on me so it's almost on the edge of smelling sour but it stops before that. Then the rose calms, peony and lilac start to mingle.Dry: it's a very sweet, femine smell, some of my favorite scents together. It stays close to the skin, not much throw. I had to reapply sooner than I expected but I will be buying at least one bottle maybe more.

Wet: Bright roses that are obviously pink.

First on: Honey layer over the pretty pink rose scent.

Dry: The florals blend a bit more on drydown and the honey mellows out. It’s very pretty.

Aw, I thought I'd love this. I like florals well enough, especially peony, but I guess I only like them when they're candy-sweet or blended with food/candy notes. Sadly, the honey is not sweet or strong enough to temper the flowers!flowers!flowers! I just get pink roses, pink peonies, and white lilacs. It's really pretty, and I like it objectively, but it's not something I'd wear.