Had hid away earth’s old and weary cry.
And then you came with those red mournful lips,
And with you came the whole of the world’s tears,
And all the sorrows of her labouring ships,
And all the burden of her myriad years.
And now the sparrows warring in the eaves,
The curd-pale moon, the white stars in the sky,
And the loud chaunting of the unquiet leaves,
Are shaken with earth’s old and weary cry.

- William Butler Yeats

Stargazer lily, white musk, white gardenia, white rose, stephanotis, delphinium, orris root, white sandalwood, bergamot, and magnolia.

My first first review, and for one of my favorite poets!! I hope I can do Yeats and the Lab some justice here. :)

In the bottle: The stephanotis is the most prominent note. It's reminiscent of the "white" Ars Moriendi blends like Eternal and The Ghost, and even Regan to a lesser extent, without the beautiful orchid vanille.

Wet: The other florals come out to play, especially the lily and the gardenia. The lily is making this a little sharp, but that eases after a few minutes. I can just barely detect the delphinium in the background, but it's enough to give the blend a bit of a blue tinge while still remaining a very white scent.

Dry: My skin really loves white florals, so this dries down to a soft, slightly dusty (probably the orris) white bouquet with a hint of sandalwood to keep it three-dimensional.

The Sorrow of Love truly is aptly named. It's a chilly funereal bouquet spotted with tears.
If you like white florals, this is a must-try. For me, it's a keeper! :wub2:

In the vial, it initially hits me with a sweet bouquet of flowers but after a couple seconds, becomes headier. The more I smell this in the vial, the more I can detect the bergamot peeking out from the piles of flowers. Wet, this is mainly lily and rose with a touch of bergamot. The bergamot slowly fades and is replaced by a stronger rose, though. I'm surprisingly getting no dryness whatsoever from the white sandalwood or orris root. In the end, it actually settles down as a lily- and gardenia-heavy white floral blend. I like florals but this is too much for me.

I am no good at picking out notes, I just want to say that I really like this a lot!! Beautiful floral!

Origin: decant circle

Initial Thoughts: This blend had me almost squeeing out loud as I read the notes: stargazer lily, white gardenia, delphinium, magnolia, white musk and white sandalwood...the big hesitation was the white rose. I can only hope that all the other notes will keep the rose from going green-stem skanky on me.

In the Vial: A sweet white crush of flowers with a whiff of sandalwood. *crosses fingers*

Wet: Gardenia and lily and magnolia and now it's the musk providing just enough of a presence to tie them together. (please behave, rose, please behave...)

Drydown: Thank you, perfume gods! Not even a hint of the stink that I can cause in a rose note. I have a very soft, gentle floral with the different notes blending into one very smooth whole.

Verdict: My only complaint is just how little throw this has on me. Now, that makes it an excellent work scent, but I was hoping that so many of my favorite notes would produce something dazzling. Given just how many floral blends currently reside in my box, I'll have to think about whether to add another.

In the decant:White florals, but not too sharp nor too sweet.

Wet: A little high-pitched, but that's to be expected with white florals.

The dry-down: Very well-blended white florals, slightly tempered by the sandalwood and the bergamot.

Heavenly flowery stuff, not powdery. Most excellent, fresh and very spring-like. Like the inside of a florists.

A very green/floral garden scent. I was hoping for a bit more of the stargazer lily, but I guess I have l'inverno for that. (L'inverno is definitely my favorite stargazer lily scent!) Very pretty, but not for me!

My imp is a decant from the lovely spiresinthesnow.

In the imp: Oil is clear and a light yellow color. Mmm, it smells beautiful - gardenia, magnolia, lilies, a little rose; with a tiny hint of a mildly bitter green note that reminds me of neroli. That must be the bergamot.

On me, wet: On me it is much sweeter and a little fruitier, but the flowers are still the main game, especially gardenia and magnolia. Gorgeous! I've been looking for a great magnolia-based scent. This might be it.

After 10 minutes: The green note is stronger, giving it something of an orange-blossom-like fragrance. Which is one of my favorites, so of course I'm loving this, especially mingled with the other heavenly white flowers. I do get the reference to sorrow - these are funeral flowers rather than wedding flowers.

After 20 minutes: Now the white musk (my favorite of the musks) is coming out, making this seem drier and a little powdery (in a good way.)

After 30 minutes: Like an expensive white-flowers-and-musk body powder, with just the teensiest hint of the citrus-y bergamot to give it sparkle.

After 1 hour: The same, but considerably faded. This blend stays pretty consistent rather than morphing much.

After 2 hours: Same as above.

After 3 hours: Almost completely gone. I kept expecting the sandalwood to show up in the final drydown, but it never really made an appearance, although it may have added subtle nuance.

Verdict: The rose isn't particularly noticeable in this, but with so many other beautiful florals, I love it anyway. It isn't very long-lasting, but I can reapply it often or wear it in the perfume locket to make it last longer.

My rating: 5 stars

Wet to dry, very much a white floral blend here. Strong, heady and very, very floral. I can't really differentiate between the flowers, only they are of the 'white' family, lilies, jasmine and the like. Definitely not me.

Dry, white rose blend. Rose, gardenia, magnolia, touch of lily. On me, it smells like sour rose because of the gardenia, which smells like wet wool.

EPIC FAIL.

I have good luck with lily, white musk, gardenia, white rose, orris, white sandalwood, and magnolia, so I thought that this might be a bpal floral that I could actually pull off. Unfortunately, the white florals here travel into sharp/perfumey territory and give me a headache. Sharp white floral perfume, a touch of green, and a touch of soap. Definitely not as sweet and creamy as I was hoping it might be.

Stargazer lily! I recognize it from my beloved Juliet. But this isn't sweet like Juliet. It's more of a soapy floral. There are other floral notes, but I'm not familiar enough with stephanotis or delphinium to pick them out. I don't notice any bergamot or rose. It's OK but I'm not in love.

Basically might as well be a white gardenia single note on me. With a bit of magnolia. Which smells a lot like gardenia. There’s a little musk underneath it, but this scent is really only for people who like gardenia. Sadly, that is not me.

Cool white florals with a little dusty aspect from the sandalwood and orris root. A little sweet, a little green. This is a nice spring scent, and stays close to my skin.

This has gardenia and bergamot in it which made it a must try for me when I recently swapped with someone. It reminds me a lot of Tissue, but it's not as soft. I could probably deathmatch them and pick my favorite, but I am on a gardenia kick right now, and this is a def for gardenia lovers.