but also those desires for you
that glowed plainly in the eyes,
and trembled in the voiceand some
chance obstacle made futile.
Now that all of them belong to the past,
it almost seems as if you had yielded
to those desireshow they glowed,
remember, in the eyes gazing at you;
how they trembled in the voice, for you, remember, body.

- Constantine Cavafy translated by Rae Dalven

Profoundly sensual. The echo of caresses: raw black coconut, ambergris accord, ambrette seed, champaca flower, and sugar cane.

Profoundly sensual indeed. This is my favorite of the Lupers so far.

Body, Remember starts out sweet and earthy, then suddenly it becomes heavy on the coconut, followed by a rush of champaca. After several minutes, everything settles into a perfect musky balance that stays close to my skin with no single dominating note. It's stunning.

It's stunning.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Body, Remember is a sensual scent that, on me, is heavy on the black coconut. I find the ambergris helps ground it and the sugar cane rounds out the overall sweetness. This is absolutely beautiful, it's soft but very front and center. It has nice throw (a lady I was standing next to in a store today asked me if I was the thing that smelled so good!) and good lasting power.

I think the coconut in this reminds me of that in Paper Kite. Body, Remember is better on me, though. Total keeper!

Stunning is a very apt description. I love this. I just put on a dab, but I can already tell this is backup worthy. It is softly musky and the coconut in this is just delicious. I am so glad I ordered this one. I think that this is going to be even better as it ages.

On first sniff after application, this smelled super strong, chemically and I was like :eek: As it dried down though, it burned off and then, it reminded me of how a day at the beach smells, if that makes sense. It totally made me think of summer and the sun.

Edited by violetblue

Body, Remember

In the Bottle:

This smells like a Red Lantern bottle

On my Skin, Wet:

A blast of coconut with a creamy undertone, and something sweet.

On my Skin, Dry:

Dark Coconut, Musk & Sugared Cream

Verdict:

LOVE

It's indeed very sensual without being heavy or overpowering

It's an "up-close" scent that balances foody with sexy

This is an absolutely gorgeous scent. Wet, it is a deep, dark coconut (not tropical) with warm warm sensual musk. The champaca flower lends an incensy vibe to this that is light, refreshing and not too heavy. Drydown is sweet musk, creamy coconut, and lovely.

I think that I'm in love. Sweet and rich and not foodie. I theoretically don't like coconut but it's lovely. I just love it.

This is full of winning notes for me, so I shouldn't have been surprised by how gorgeous it turned out to be. It's a soft, rich coconut incense and sexy as hell. :wub2:

ETA: Except my husband says it smells "like the Eighties". What the hell?

Edited by GypsyRoseRed

Yep, that's coconut incense alright! ;)

Very coconutty, husky and earthy. The musk scares me a little, but the coconut and the champaca blend nicely nonetheless.

This is not my usual scent, but I think I will keep it to see (smell!) how it ages.

Stunning is right! It's no secret that I love coconut, and I've been looking for the perfect coconut scent. This is a winner - it's dark coconut with just the right amount of incense, tropical floral, sweetness and the ambergris pulls everything together with a warm musky base.

I'm going to be wearing this all Summer! :wub2:

In the decant: Coconut scents always run the risk of smelling like suntan lotion to me, but this coconut smells much darker and richer than your typical Banana Boat concoction.

Wet on skin: Less rich than in the imp. There's something very sweet and a little chemical like at the top of this that is overpowering the coconut. Sugar cane?

Early dry down (about 10-15 minutes): The coconut comes back as this starts to dry down but that higher, sweet smell is still there too. It almost smells carbonated, if carbonation had a smell. It's a fizzy sweet. There's a little bit of musk under there, but this is mainly coconut and sweet. Remember those fizzing candies that were like sweet tarts, but odd flavors and fizzed a bit in your mouth (less fizzy than pop rocks). I think they were called Bottle Caps? This smells like those.

Later dry down (about an hour): Sweet, musky vanilla. There is just a little bit of something deep grounding it, almost more like a wood note than any of the listed notes on me. The champaca finally came out just a bit. This pretty, close to the skin, and kissably sweet.

Final word: A little girly for me, but pretty. It strikes me as a young lady's take on sensual. I think I might try layering it under Leather Phoenix...

Stunning has been used a lot here, and with good reason.

This is such a wonderful coconut scent. Sweet and dry, husky coconut, like an incense made of sugar canes and those brown coconut fibers. I love this! It's like a "Dark Tropical" to me, as in, usually you see tropical as being turquoise sea and bright sunshine, pina coladas and all that. This is like the natives version, sexy Hawaian inviting you to their midnight ceremony, campfires, moonlight, and raunchy unbridled passion, oiled bodies intertwining in the heat and glow of the fire, chanting in the background, hot love in the foreground...

In the imp: Beautiful, amazing coconut spiked incense.

Wet: Coconut and ambergris?

Drying: Starts to become more artificial...

Dry: This smells EXACTLY like the plastic that My Little Ponies (and similar plastic toys) were made of when I was a kid. And a slight twinge of coconut suntan lotion.

Overall, disappointment given my personal expectations (Damn you skin chemistry!), but beautiful enough in the imp that I will save this for a scent locket.

This is truly disgusting. :sick: It smells like fake coconut/suntan lotion with too much incense and sugar. Truly an epic fail and this will be going to a new home and so will the bottle I ordered. :sick:

Coconut is a scent that I like from time to time, and I decided to buy a decant because so many people with a lot of BPAL experience were excited about this one.

I've now tried this twice and it hasn't worked on me yet. The first test was admittedly during "Shark Week" and I had only received the decant that day, but on that occasion I had to wash it off because I was starting to feel nauseous. At least I don't have to wash it off today, but when I asked my husband what he smelled on my wrist, he said that it smells "like a candle shop" and I have to agree. Something about the combination of coconut with a salty smell (I'm guessing ambergris?) and sugar makes it smell like a load of unlit scented candles. I like candles, but I don't want to smell that way myself.

Unless a scent gives me a migraine, I like to give it three tests. This will get one more try on a different body part, maybe on my neck if I can tolerate it, before I decide whether to keep the decant or give it a new home.

Body, Remember is my favourite of the Lupercalias so far. Champaca has been a problematic note for me lately, but it is beautiful here - a delicate, slightly fruity tropical floral. The coconut is light and creamy, with a vanilla-like, slightly alcoholic sweetness on drydown. The ambergris imparts a subtle sensuality to the scent with its musky, salty, but unobtrusive smell, evoking skin gleaming with light sweat. Somehow, in spite of all the warm tropical notes, the scent still feels cold, glittering, and a little detached. It makes me think of wandering on a tropical beach alone, on a crisp starry night. Beautiful and summery, with a touch of strangeness.

Another hit with this one!

In the imp: Sugary, slightly floral coconut

On my skin: Sweet coconut with a musky/incense background

Hours later: Faintly floral, creamy coconut.

This lasts hours and smells amazing the whole time. This imp will not last very long!

This went so sharp and boozy on me, like 180 proof rum. What the hay? Where's the coconut? I'll have to retest another time. This is sooo not working for me, in the imp or on my skin.

Whew--this one is really NOT working on me; the coconut is there, but the ambergris and ambrette really take over this blend and the mix of sweet coconut plus salty ambergris is just...not right. Plastic and stale.

I LOVED this blend for the first 10 minutes. It was a delicious creamy coconut, that was very round, and not too coconut-y or beachy.. just soft and tantalizing. But then the ambergris did overwhelm the scent as it dried down. Now I'm just left with a slight powder-ish sweet muskiness. I'd imagine a lot of people would like this, and its not even terrible imo, but it just pales so much in comparison to the blend when it had more of the coconut going for it.

I had an AHA! moment this morning: I cannot wear anything with sugar in it.

Body, Remember smelled like my lovely coconut for about three minutes, then it turned into absolute FUNK on my skin. Like, completely disgusting.

No, no, and no.

This one hits me in a funny way when I smell it from the vial. It's definitely raw coconut as it smells on the greener side, and to top it off, it is interrupted by the saltiness from the ambergris. But it actually ends up being a good match. Really does make me think of a beach. When I apply this to my skin, the ambrette seed swoops in and makes this muskier. As it's drying on me, it's becoming more artificial. Almost like rubber. A disappointment but what can you do.

This is the one I was really looking forward to. I adore coconut in all it's forms, and the black coconut in Death Adder is especially beautiful. So I had high hopes.

In the vial, it's sweet black coconut and something almost caramel-like. On my skin the almost-caramel turns to crazy sugar and the scent is SWEEEET! Tooth achingly sweet. I don't know if I can stand this....

Okay. As it dries it becomes less sweet. I don't sense any ambergris/oceany bits but I *may* get the champaca. It's not really champaca - it's just a warping of the sugared black coconut. And it doesn't morph much at all. Anyway, it's too sweet for me.