Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
aphrodite

BPTP & BPAL Layering Combos!

These all sound fantastic!!! I have come to the conclusion that I need more hair gloss. Like, a lot more hair gloss.

I am loving Goatweed Leafwing layered with Geisha and Samurai and I was wondering about other favorite layering combos to evoke certain moods/places. I was hoping this could be a thread about ways to combine glosses and bath oils or linen sprays with perfume oils for different types of amazing scents. For me Goatweed and Geisha and Samurai is the ultimate orange. Ava and Boo hair gloss is the ultimate white creamy sexy yum. White tea and sage with Kumiho or Shanghai are the freshest and summer scents. Theodosious the Legerdemain with Teatime Hairgloss is a David Bowie in Roswell scent. I want to know others' layering concoctions :wub3:

Edited by somacat

Both white tea and sage and fig and white sandalwood HG go well with Amicitia, depending on whether you want to emphasize Amicitia's sweet/smokey fig element, or amp up the sage, and The Sharing of the Cake Between the Lion and the Unicorn + Mouse Circus is also good.

Recollection bath oil (used as a moisturizer) + De Vos overtop of it doubles-down on the creamy marshmallow note (but isn't as sweet or in-your-face marshmallow-y as layering De Vos with Stekkjarstaur or the Marshmallow Chick single note is), and wearing Marshmallow Cookie Pie bath oil underneath BPALs with cocoa/chocolate notes like The Avenue or Dark Chocolate, Black Tobacco, and Vetiver adds extra and more long-lasting chocolate that presumably mimics the way those blends smell on other people whose skin doesn't eat chocolate notes like mine does.

We TOTALLY don't use this thread enough.

I think my favourite combo that I randomly stumbled upon is Dana O'Shee with Dead Leaves, Patchouli, Honey and Warm Musk HG.

I wore Hay Moon with Black Vanilla and Cardamom HG the other day - cardamom heaven!

We TOTALLY don't use this thread enough.

So true!

My combos are too numerous to recall from memory right now. I always try to post in the BPTP scent of the day thread, and typically have a combo of BPTP/BPAL products that I'm wearing that day.

Now that Weenie season is here, I'm all about my Samhain hair gloss with Samhain; Dead Leaves, Red Musk & Neroli hair gloss and perfume; and Autumn Leaves & Haitian Patchouli hair gloss with practically everything. Yesterday I put some Tricksy hair gloss into one palm, Autumn Leaves/Haitian Patch in another, and put that in my hair, with Tricksy perfume and bath oil as moisturizer. I smelled soooo good!

I love it when Puddin' makes a perfume scent into a corresponding Trading Post product!

My current favorite fall combos are:

Boo HG + Autumn Overlooked My Knitting

Boo HG + Dead Leaves and Tobacco

Dead Leaves, White Musk, and Vanilla HG + October

Dead Leaves, White Musk, and Vanilla HG + Beautiful Death

Revenant Rhythm (bath oil or hair gloss- pick your poison) with Bulgarian Tobacco SN is one of my faves now that the weather is cooler.

One of my all time favorite combos is Snake Charmer HG with Mme. Moriarty.

Other ones I love are Scattered Flower Smells HG with Boober

Peach, White Ginger and Cubeb HG with Eisheth Zenunim (one of my go to Summer combos)

Holliday HG with Mme. Moriarty and with Tombeur

Blueberry Cream Pie HG with Bones Trombone

Mikado Saloon HG with Lyonesse and any scent that is leather, vanilla or musky.

Fluttering Peonies BO with Peony Moon (another Summer favorite)

My go to Fall combos right now are Boo HG with anything sweet or foodie.

The Gourd of Deprivation HG with Samhain, Third Charm and Dead Leaves & Tobacco

Samhain HG with of course Samhain and I like layering it with Autumn Cider and Witch Dance

One of my all time favorite combos is Snake Charmer HG with Mme. Moriarty.

Other ones I love are Scattered Flower Smells HG with Boober

Peach, White Ginger and Cubeb HG with Eisheth Zenunim (one of my go to Summer combos)

Holliday HG with Mme. Moriarty and with Tombeur

Blueberry Cream Pie HG with Bones Trombone

Mikado Saloon HG with Lyonesse and any scent that is leather, vanilla or musky.

Fluttering Peonies BO with Peony Moon (another Summer favorite)

My go to Fall combos right now are Boo HG with anything sweet or foodie.

The Gourd of Deprivation HG with Samhain, Third Charm and Dead Leaves & Tobacco

Samhain HG with of course Samhain and I like layering it with Autumn Cider and Witch Dance

Oooh, good recs! I can't wait to try Mikado Saloon with Lyonesse, I hadn't thought of that! :D

I wore Palmyra today, and on a whim combined it with Dragon with a Llama Mohawk HG - resiny, incensey HEAVEN. I loved it.

Any suggestions for a hair gloss to go with Haloes? I'm not much of a fan of Bio or Antikythera Mechanism (to the point where I no longer have either), and Black Vanilla and Cardamom should work but cardamom tends to lend everything a deodorant note, sadly. Haloes is one of these that's so perfect on its own that I'm scared to add the wrong thing and spoil it.

Any suggestions for a hair gloss to go with Haloes? I'm not much of a fan of Bio or Antikythera Mechanism (to the point where I no longer have either), and Black Vanilla and Cardamom should work but cardamom tends to lend everything a deodorant note, sadly. Haloes is one of these that's so perfect on its own that I'm scared to add the wrong thing and spoil it.

My two favourite "go with everything" glosses are Departing Like Smoke, and Kill-Devil (I use this with sweeter scents). I would actually think Departing Like Smoke would go nicely, and still let Haloes shine, if you happen to have some of that.

My two favourite "go with everything" glosses are Departing Like Smoke, and Kill-Devil (I use this with sweeter scents). I would actually think Departing Like Smoke would go nicely, and still let Haloes shine, if you happen to have some of that.

I do, and I don't wear it often enough, so I will give that a shot and report back!

In my recent adventures with Yules, Shiny Furball HG layered with In the Wild North got me some compliments. I also liked A Tight-Fisted Hand at the Grindstone HG layered over The Little Wooden Doll.

Miskatonic University on one wrist, Jolabokaflod on the other, smush them together a bit...omg. Fudgy coffee in an old library surrounded by open books and guttering candles. It's smoky and dusty but I'm liking it lots.

Chocolate Espresso Gingerbread bath oil and Gingerbread, Vetiver and Black Clove perfume from this year's Yules complement one another so perfectly that they could have been made for each other.

I'm really really hoping Wulric the Wolfman (cocoa absolute, French vanilla, birch tar, lavender, bourbon vetiver, wild musk, cardamom husk, clary sage, and cistus) will layer well with Lycanthrope Brown HG (ochre musk, oudh, coffee bean, cacao, and patchouli). I'm planning on getting a bottle of each unsniffed and they sound great individually but I would absolutely love it if I could wear them together. Because wolfy matchy-matchy.