Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Alchemist

Red flowers

I am in search of a flower scent in the colors of red. I have been through in red scents like Vixen.

However I want something flowerish now. I am fond of jasmine too. Whip also came to my mind but I want something more heavy

and not only roses this time. I have tried Salomé and Siren. Neither a great success for me. Any suggestions ???

Hmm. For rose, Red Rose is sharp but it might work. Wicked (but it has myrrh and jasmine) might work too. Also Spellbound which has three red (I think) roses.

Other blends...well, I think there was a Red Phoenix back in '06 but you'd have to hunt.

Edit: Also cobra lily is creamy lily and spices, but it smells a little more orange than red to me.

Edited by patina

I'd recommend trying The Obsidian Widow if you haven't already. It smells red & black to me, and is really complex and interesting.

The Obsidian Widow (Steamworks) - "Pinot noir, dark myrrh, red sandalwood, black patchouli, night-blooming jasmine, and attar of rose."

Venice is a red flower perfume. I do get a strong red color impression. It has jasmine too.

Venice: lemon, red currant, wisteria, red rose petals, heady jasmine, Florentine orris root, waterlily, red sandalwood, violet plum, and violet leaf.

My favourite "red" floral is Blood Countess: Corrupted black plum, smoky opium and crumbling dead roses covered by a deceptive veil of Hungarian lilac, white gardenia and wild berry.

Some other recs for floral scents that are red in impression:

• Blood Rose: voluptuous red rose bursting with lascivious red wine and sultry dragon's blood resin.
  • The Witch Queen: Wild plum, red musk, tuberose, calla lily, heliotrope, pimento, ylang ylang and beeswax beneath a dark haze of sinister purple-hued incense smoke.
  • Kali: This perfume is a blend of the sacred blooms of cassia, hibiscus, musk rose, Himalayan wild tulip, lotus and osmanthus swirled with offertory dark chocolate, red wine, tobacco, balsam and honey.
  • Les Bijoux: Skin musk and honey, blood-red rose, orange blossom, white peach, red apple, frankincense and myrrh.

Edited by paperrose

I also think that these ones could be described as red flower perfumes

LOVE-LIES-BLEEDING: The velvet flower. A lush, thick, luxuriant bloom, bold and red

VERSAILLES: Grand, courtly and robust: a glittering, golden scent that would do Louis XIV proud.

Gilded red and gold citrus with amber, ruby roses, jasmine and orris.

Bruised Violet Compound also gives me the impression of dark red violets.

The Passion blend for Lupercalia has a red musk blended with carnations - the whole overall "feel" I get from it is RED floral if that makes any sense...

Sign in to follow this