Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
porcelina

Mango Lychee Champagne

No description given

YUMMY!

mango lychee champagne smells sparkly and sugary and delicious. the first image that pops in my head is that of sugary pink and orange candies. as it dries, it becomes a soft, sweet champagne scent with just a touch of fizz and juicy, fruity notes. the fruitiness actually reminds me a little bit of tweedledee, but fresher and with the added champagne pop. i would totally drink this.

Very nice!! Reminds me of Sparkling Apple Cider- but with a lot of lychee and a little mango!!

This is wonderful! On me, it is quite heavy on the champagne note (which I like!!) with rich fruitiness in the background. I read some reviews elsewhere that said this smelled "candy-like", but I honestly don't get that at all. On the far drydown, it does head into "sweet" territory, but not in a foody way. I would say that there is more lychee than mango in this blend, but I think it is lovely and will certainly be in heavy rotation, particularly in the summer months.

Edited by Ellebelle

So good! This scent has a ton of champagne fizziness, but it doesn't smell boozy so much as soda-pop-sparkly to me. I wasn't a fan of Bon Vivant, and I was afraid this could easily go the same direction of oversweet fake fruit and booze, but thankfully it stayed nice all the way through. It's a real mood lifter. The fruit notes smell primarily like the slightly sharp and sour green mango from Tweedledum to me, without the patchouli dirtiness of that scent. Not the most realistic scent, and it doesn't smell like ripe lush mangoes to me, but it also doesn't scream "plastic" or "air freshener" like I find some fruit scents can. I do smell the slightly floral and appley sweetness of lychee, too. I'm surprised the other reviewers find it smells more like lychee--to my nose it's very much a green mango scent. Not much of a morpher; it stays similar in the wet and dry stages, bright, fizzy, fruity, and happy. I got Sangria Champagne as well and I like that one slightly better overall, but the fizzy quality definitely persists longer in this scent.

Fizzy champagne! It actually tickles my nose. The mango and lychee seem fairly balanced and give this blend a terrific sweetness. This smells incredibly authentic.

In the bottle: Quite sharp, but a faint candy-like sweetness in the background. A bit fizzy.

On skin, wet: Pretty much the same as in the bottle.

On skin, dry: The fizzy and sweet notes have gone poof, and now it's all that sharp champagne note.

After an hour: Same as the initial drydown. This is incredibly disappointing, as mango and lychee are two of my favourite things in the world and they just don't show up at all. I really, really wanted to love this, and I just can't.

Sugary fruity mango, touch of lychee and fizze champagne. I really thought I'd enjoy this, but it's way too sweet for me.

Sugary, fruity, fizzy.

Mango Lychee Champagne

On: I've been buying this mango / orange juice blend lately, so I'm picking up the mango right away. Of course, there's the fizzy champagne note foremost in this one.

2 hours in: Slightly fruity champagne.

Overall: Like all of the champagne oils I've tried so far, the fizziness of this overwhelms everything else on me.

In the bottle, I detect the mango and champagne. There's a slight sweetness in the background, which I assume is the lychee. It definitely reminds me of Tweedledum but more effervescent. It's sweet but isn't a cloying sugary scent. On drydown, it's a combination of fruit/musk. Very nice!

In the bottle, and immediately, all I get is champagne, but a ginger-ale-ish sort of champagne. It isn't overly alcoholic, but it's too dry to be a soda. Spot-on accuracy, actually.

As this continues on my skin, I get lovely whiffs of fruit that have a sparkling, bubbly quality to them. Definitely still mostly champagne, but the fruit is there in the glass too. This is absolutely delicious, a great celebratory scent -- would be great at ritzy parties! (Or for Fridays at work to celebrate the end of a long week.)

Trying this makes me want to try all of the Champagnes to see if they're as superb as this one is :P

Preconceived Notions (concept borrowed from Penance): I was looking forward to trying this because I pretty much hoard anything I like that has a lychee note.

Bottle: I'm almost getting gin/juniper from this, but I think it's just the "bubbly" note. Sweet and fruity as well.

On my skin I definitely smell mango - fresh, juicy mango. The lychee is less obvious, but I find it to be very floral smelling (and tasting) for a fruit, so I think it is just adding to the sweet, bubbly fruitiness of the scent. It's not too boozy; it actually kind of reminds me of a Ramune soda. To me, this is one of the blends that could be part of the Atomic Luau Lounge (which is a good thing).

Unfortunately, as it dries this starts to get a bit of a... cleaner-y note to it. :( I will be keeping this for now, but I'll need to see what this note does as it ages.

I was so excited to finally get a sample of this, because I really like the lab's mango note, but I don't get any mango from this :( it's mostly that fizzy champagne that I hate (falls somewhere between citrus scented cleanser and pukey booze), amped up with a little more of a citrus edge from the lychee.

In the decant: The sour-sweet lychee note is instantly recognizable.

Wet on skin: On my skin, the lychee still dominates the scent, and sharpens up the roundness of mango. There is a slight soapy-citrusy effervescence which I'm guessing would be the champagne. It's not something I'm really keen of, but it's not entirely unpleasant either.

Drydown: The soapy-freshness is starting to take over the fruits, and it's kind of morphing into a very odd sort of scent.

Conclusion: This is the first BPAL scent I've sniffed with such straightforward notes, and I found it to be very realistic. Unfortunately, I'd rather drink it as a delicious cocktail than smell it on my wrist.

Edited by Drae

Fresh blast of fruity effervescent champagne. It actually tickles my nose like real champagne does. Has a peach-like quality, and I'm getting just a touch of the exotic smelling lychee. Dries to a slightly effervescent vanilla mango. Quite nice, and would be great for a summer evening. Not as sweet as the peach, which is nice.

In the Imp (ITI): The effervescence of the champagne is immediately detectable on the first sniff. The lychee beautifully sweetens the champagne while the mango provides from roundness under the two notes.

Wet: The mango is a bit more heady here and the champagne is a bit strong on my skin initially. The lychee is there, but it is rather light. The scent, however, is sweet, feminine, and ever so slightly tropical.

Dry: Still very effervescent and just a tad sweet from the lychee and mango. After 11 hours, the scent was still detectable, although it was faint.

In the decant: Very fizzy champagne. It's lychee-sweet, but what I mainly notice is the feeling of bubbles. 

On my skin:

Wet, there's the mango. It leaps off my skin to become by far the dominant note. The immediate drydown brings back the champagne bubbles. As it develops, I lose a lot of the mango again, and the scent is back to lychee and champagne. Now, though, the champagne almost feels more "fuzzy" than "fizzy." It's still a little tickly on my nose, but it's quite subdued compared to the rush of bubbles that was the scent in the decant.