Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

No description given

This smells like mixed fruit and champagne. This is blended so well I can't pick out any specific fruit notes, but it feels very bright. Citrus. Definitely citrusy and tickly your nose boozy.
I dig!

Now me and the Champagne Scents, we have a troubling history. I keep trying, and mostly they have failed me. but I keep going back, because I keep feeling like, there's one out there for me. there just has to be, right? So, since I didn't want to ask my Angel's Angel for too much, and since I was already getting two other bottles, the only Champagne I asked for was this one. Based on the name, it seemed, somehow, the most likely to work. So let's see what we got here, shall we? :D

In The Bottle: Yup, there's that fizzy ginger ale-y note I know so well ;) But there's also a definite fruit thing going on, too, so it comes off, in the bottle, smelling like a good spiked fruit punch. Potential!

Wet On Skin: Man, this thing has some amp! and yet, it's not in a cloying overpowering kind of way. Sangria is no shy violet, but she's also not a blowhard, either. I'm finding myself intrigued. :)

Dry Down: Huh. Well what do ya know. The fruity Sangria (which, to my nose, isn't one particular fruit or grouping of fruit, it really smells like a nice fruit punch variety to me) is providing a really nice counterpoint to the fizz of the Champagne- something that none of the past Champagne scents have been able to do for me!

In All: Light, fizzy, sweet and cheery, this may very well be the scent I wear on New Year's Eve. and if not then, the lightness wouldn't actually be out of place on New Year's Day in the least! ;)

I got both this and Mango Lychee Champagne. I liked this one better right off the bat, as I found it more instantly appealing, mellow, and wearable, but after wearing both for a while, I did like how much the fizziness lasted in MLC.

Anyway. This is delicious! A mixture of soda-pop effervescence and fresh fruits (red wine/grape, apple? Maybe orange?) I am wary of booze notes because I'm not a huge fan of smelling like alcohol, but this is nice and doesn't leave me smelling like I've doused myself in the demon drink. As it wears on, the fizziness fades and it becomes more of a fruit punch scent with just a touch of fizz. Whatever the fruit notes are, this smells fairly mellow, sweet, and natural, not fermented, fake, or cloying.

In the bottle: Very, very sharp. A bit fizzy, but no trace of fruit.

On skin, wet: Pretty much the same as in the bottle.

On skin, dry: No change.

After an hour: Still no change. Booo. The champagne note overwhelms absolutely everything else to my nose, and it's just far too sharp to be enjoyable. :(

This smells very true to the real thing; I really do feel like I'm sticking my nose in a glass of sangria, only with champagne fizz bubbling up. I can smell all the red fruit and sparkling citrus typical of sangria too, with lots of boozy red wine. However, the wine note in this goes slightly sour on me on the drydown, so I'm going to stick with Spiked Punch.

Sangria Champagne

On: Wow. Heady red wine and bubbly champagne. This may be too much for me.

6.5 hours in: Pretty. A light, slightly sweet, red wine scent. A bit candyish, actually.

Overall: This is too much for me, especially at first.

Wow. This'un's booooooooozy. This is heavy on the sangria. Very much a red-wine-citrus type of scent that's carbonated, not so much half-and-half sangria-and-champagne. It's amazing how delicious the sangria smells, though. (I love sangria. This is making me thirsty.)

I still like this very much, but I don't think I like it as much as Mango Lychee Champagne. I may trade this for more of that, or for Peach Champagne.

This is refreshing an effervescent at first. I'm getting some soapy orange and a white wine note along with the champagne. I normally like boozy notes, but this is so true to Sangria, that it is making me a little ill. I also make my own wine, and this smells somewhat like when you're making white wine, and pretty close to a brewery shop. Not for me, a bit too boozy.

This is so sharp in the bottle, I didn't even want to put it on my skin. (I did, anyway.) On my skin, the volume is lowered considerably and it turns into a light fizzy scent.

I have a hard time wearing the champagne scents, but this one isn't so bad on me (probably still not something I'll wear, but not something I have to scrub off either). It's like red wine with grape candy and warm citrus, mixed in with that fizzy, boozy, citrussy champagne. It winds up being one of the sweeter champagne blends on my skin as it dries down. After a half hour it has faded into a hint of light, fizzy citrus.

ITB: I get fizzy champagne, red wine that has started to turn (a little vinegar), fruit, and something that reads as soft and cloying, like vanilla.

Wet: Whew, that cloying note isn't present on my skin. Now, it is aged wine, champagne, muddled orange soaked in the aged wine, cola, and one or two other fruits I can't place. This is sangria to a "T".

Dry: It's interesting in this state because it becomes softly fruity and resinous with faint effervescence. I like this one so much more once dried.

this REALLY reminds me of sangria. my local tapas place does a sparkling sangria but they do not use any red wine... this is much better than that stuff, haha! it's really nice, very summery. the dry fizzy champagne note keeps the fruit and red wine under control and it is wearable and does not make me smell like i've just spilled a big glass of wine all over myself. i want to wear this to my favorite tapas restaurant, haha.