Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
boxinghelena

Red Velvet Truffle

No description given

Red Velvet Truffle: This one is so odd on me. I actually got chocolate right away and now I can't smell anything. I'm trying so hard to sniff my wrist where I applied it and I get a slight plasticy smell. Bummer man! :evil: Edited by Belladonnastrap

The first time I tested this I didn't make notes, but wrote "this was weird and perfumey, wtf." So I tested it twice more to take notes and try and figure it out....

When I sniff from the vial and first on I can get a faint underlayment of cocoa, a milk-chocolate type note. That is the only foody smell I get out of this. Riding over that is this high-pitched, astringent, perfumey note that I have no idea what it is. Just none.

*sniffs*

It kind of smells like rubbing alcohol... no...

*waits... sniffs more...*

Nail polish remover. That's it. It smells like those scented nail polish removers that they make try to smell like vanilla or whatever, but it ends up smelling weird like vaguely vanilla-scented chemicals. That is what this smells like... vanilla-scented chemicals and plastic with a touch of cocoa.

Super disappointed in this, and I've tried it at different times in diff spots to be sure. It's not even my skin chemistry, because it smells weird like this from the wand. Boo.

Red velvet cake, with an extra dose of milk chocolate.

It's like Cake Smash, minus the frosting. Which was the part that went horribly awry on my skin.

Delicious.

I have to agree with the above posts about it smelling like JUST the red velvet cake without the frosting. I wanted to like Cake Smash, but the frosting was overpowering. Red Velvet Truffle is much more subtle, but still yummy.

I got an almost-empty vial of this to try, so there wasn't enough to slather and this is pretty light on me. It reminds me of chocolate scented markers... chocolate and something just slightly chemical-y and off.

Lot's of boozy chocolate at first. Still boozy when dry, with the chocolate now kind of dusty. This reminds me of some other chocolate blend, but I can't think of what. At any rate, it smells too fake to me, like stale old chocolate twinkies, if there were such a thing. It's almost fruity, which may be what is ruining this for me.

Got six testers from the stocking series in a lot on eBay.

IN THE IMP: Deep cocoa. A very rich dark chocolate.

Dabbed on wrist.

WET: Strong chocolate, maybe semi-sweet, with a boozy component. I generally LOVE BPAL chocolate scents but boozy notes don't work on me.

DRYDOWN: I really liked the chocolate but for some reason, once dry, it went very soapy on me. I have no idea what note in here did that because I'm not that familiar with what comprises the blend of red velvet cake, but whatever it was ruined it for me.

OVERALL: I don't really get "cream cheese frosting" or anything here. I'm not really sure what it is on drydown. It's ... odd. It's not what I expected. It's not terrible or anything, it just doesn't seem to work for me.

On a scale of 1-5, a 2.

LOOK OUT! A GIANT RED VELVET TRUFFLE CAKE IS BEHIND YOU!!

LOOK OUT! A GIANT RED VELVET TRUFFLE CAKE IS IN FRONT OF YOU!!

LOOK OUT! A GIANT RED VELVET TRUFFLE CAKE IS SITTING ON YOU!!

LOOK OUT! A GIANT RED VELVET TRUFFLE CAKE IS CLIMBING UP YOUR NOSE!!

That's my experience with this, it smells like someone has grabbed me and smashed my face into a red velvet truffle cake and I have bits of it stuck up my nose and in my ears and it's FOLLOWING ME AROUND AND IT'S ALL I CAN SMELL.

This smells like a boozy, chocolate-y, velvety-, red velvet cake liqueur. Dastardly.