Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Imbrium

Winter Fairy Bath Oil

WINTER FAIRY
Honey, lotus root, orris root, white jasmine, and winter berries.

I was a little worried, when I first opened the bottle of Winter Fairy (which, incidentally, has adorable label art!), because in the bottle, it sort of immediately screams OH HAI GUISE, I'M FULL OF JASMINE. Or something like that. Let's just say I was full of trepidation.

I'm an oils-in-the-bath kind of user, rather than slathering them on after a shower, and I think in the case of Winter Fairy, that makes a really good difference, because I think this would be horrible directly on my skin (I'm in the crowd of those who experience virulent enmity from jasmine). In the water, though, hoo boy--it's a different story. The jasmine is much tamer. I don't necessarily pick out individual notes--a bit of a plus and a minus, as I'd hoped for lots of honey and berries, but at least it's not all jasmine--it's just a pleasant light, grown-up floral. I don't think it's going to be my go-to Yule bath scent, but it's very pretty.

I love this one! Girlie/feminine. :) Honey & Jasmine are the strongest notes. Does not smell like winter, but I could see using this a lot in the spring.

I am a jasmine hater and didn't expect to like this but I do. A beautiful sweet floral and is STRONG. Let me repeat. It is effing STRONG! :lol: I used it as an end of shower slathering and scent wise a little goes a long way. Jasmine and Honey are definatly the most prominent notes and the jasmine doesn't go wonky on me like most do so thumbs up :wub2:

I have only used this one as a moisturizer so far. I agree, it is strong & a little will go a long way. But this jasmine seems a bit gentler than some of the in-your-face assertive BPAL jasmines. If you really hate jasmine, you won't like it, but if you just find that jasmine can be too strong, this might be the ticket for you. I get mostly honey and berries underneath the jasmine so ultimately it's a sweet honeyed floral. Really girly and pretty, I'm so glad I got a bottle!

I should have known better with jasmine in the notes, but thought I'd try a decant of it. Way too strong of a jasmine note for my tastes. I will say that the jasmine does settle down considerably after several minutes and I smell more of the honey. But I never got any winter berries out of it and it doesn't really make me think of winter either.

Jasmine is all I got. In the bath, that's about all I could smell. The orris and lotus roots ground it a little, and the honey does make it sweeter. But really, it's all about the jasmine.

I'm not really a floral person, so this will go to the roomie. :-)

In the bottle, lots of jasmine, though it's not the 'normal' jasmine note the lab uses. It's kind of a bit like the night blooming jasmine. There's a brief bit of fruitiness, but that is soon gone, and we're left with the soft jasmine and honey. This is 'OK', but I'm glad I just got a decant, as it is just a teeny bit too floral on me, but not as jasminey as I thought it would be. I'll probably use this for a nice change in the spring from the usual lotions.

Honey-jasmine, like most others are saying. A very beautiful honey-jasmine though and one I'm more than happy to smell of :wub2:

Sweet jasmine, berries and honey. This jasmine is ALMOST bearable, and I really like the strong fruity note that this bath oil has. It's also pretty sweet, from the honey and lotus root.

Ultimately, not my type of scented bath product but I'm glad I got to try it.

This bath oil is nice, but I can't say that I love it. I am glad to have a decant, but I definitely don't need more. Honey, Jasmine and something else that I can't quite put my finger on...it has a nice floral "lift" to it, but not my kind of scent. I don't get any orris, but I know the lotus is making this really sweet. Still very glad I got to try this, and I will use my decant. :)