Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Poenari

Silent Forest Bath Oil

SILENT FOREST
Snow-draped pine, cedar, and fir, with juniper, mountain sage, and wild thyme.

I really like Silent Forest. It's a very soothing scent- I was surprised to find that I prefer it at bedtime; often the pine/fir scents are more "bracing" and better to wake me up. It does evoke the feeling of walking through a mountain forest filled with an assortment of evergreen trees. It's also got a tinge of sweetness to it. I definitely plan to order a bottle of this one- it's a good layering scent when used as an after-shower moisturizer - it's very similar to Black Forest, and I really love it with The Night Hag Visiting the Lapland Witches!

For some reason this was super menthol in the bath... When I sniffed it in the bottle, it was woodsy and juniper and a bit sweet, but in the tub it was a sinus opener. More sparing usage is probably in order. :-) I'm sure this will be great when I'm feeling sorry for myself with a stuffy head.

As always with BPTP bath oils, it left my skin moisturized and silky.

This was my favorite of the Yule bath oils...I've only used it as a moisturizer because I don't have a bathtub where I'm living right now. :( This is mostly cedar and fir to me, and I love it! Definitely in the same vein as Black Forest and Woods in Winter IMHO. I definitely need a bottle of this before it comes down. Amazing stuff!

Overall, this is a sweet, warm fir. It's very similar to Hexennacht 2008, which is probably my favorite evergreen scent I've ever tried. It also bears a slight resemblance to Black Forest and even Fae Forest Atmo Spray. I get a tiny hint of juniper and minty snow/slush, but they are faint compared to the exquisite, natural fir note. I don't detect any cedar at all (which was the only note I was worried about), nor any herbs. It's clean but earthy.

I'm so glad I bought this. :wub2:

This is so unbelievably delicious that I'm sad I only ordered one bottle. I smell a lot of pine and juniper, and there's something sweet to it overall. At night I often layer this with The Most Magnificent Christmas Tree and sleep better than I have in months before getting it. You'd think the evergreen would be a bracing wake-me-up. Instead it's a calm, drowsy, curling up and napping deep in the snowy forest scent. I'll be very sad when I've used it all up.

Fresh pine, not fake like cleaning products sometimes are. It has a very refreshing herbal sharpness.

In the bath, this melts into a beautiful soft fir scent, with tart juniper and a touch of herbs and frost. This is one of the best fir scents I've encountered, it's peaceful and woodsy and green. There's a heaviness to it, which lends a sense of comfort and serenity. Very relaxing.

Frosty, soft fir, pine and a hint of sage. This smells cold, magickal and snowy. Like an awesome cold spring with pine needles (which don't magically and mysteriously don't poke at your skin).

Cool, frosty, pine.