Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Imbrium

Ice Princess Bath Oil

Iced blackberries, blackcurrant honey, frozen white peach, and sweet vanilla cream.

I think this would appeal to those who like commercial perfumes. That isn't to say that it smells like a commercial blend but something about the frozen sharpness is reminiscent of that type of perfume. This is so much better though.

It's fruity and berry like at first with a huge hit of frozen peach. It's not a fresh juicy peach but more like an icy Bellini scent. As it dries down that near floral feel I'm getting from the blend mellows and it sweetens up a little. The vanilla emerges and blends with the berries to create a lovely chilly, soft scent.

I'm loving this and as usual using it as a post shower moisturizer is fantastic. It soaks in quickly and feels AMAZiNG! Yay for non scaly skin!

ETA: The next morning it is musky, sweet and just absolutely gorgeous and still strongly scented.

This is actually my very first bath oil!

It works great as a post-shower moisturizer and leaves my skin feeling soft and delicious.

The scent does indeed evoke a chilliness that could be from the peach. When first applied, I get a blast of blackberries, which settles down almost immediately. I don't get any vanilla from this, but I can sense the peach and a sweetness that must be the honey.

Maybe because I just didn't use very much, the scent is very faint. It's like being enveloped in a little breeze of goodness that is meant for just me alone. I like it a lot, but wish there had been more vanilla cream in it.

I didn't get a decant of Winter Maiden, but I would be curious to see how similar they are (both with the blackberries that seems like a dominant note in this one).

I use my bath oils as moisturizers so, YMMV.

In the bottle: florals and cream. It smells pretty perfumey at this stage. Looking at the scent description I don't know where those perfumey florals are coming from, but it seems I'm not alone in smelling this aspect of the scent.

Wet/just applied: A minty/snow note dominates with those perfumey florals in the background. I can start to smell a tiny bit of fruit.

Dry/during wear: The minty snow notes fades (yay! I'm not a huge fan of that minty snow) and the cream comes back in force (also yay!) and there's more fruit that floral.

In the end this scent ended up being what I wanted out of it. Cream and cool fruits. I bought it on a whim but I'm glad I did.

Edited by unlaced

In the bottle this smells...strange. Not weird or bad, just something I can't identify. Very perfumey, almost.

However, in the bath, this really blossoms. I can't smell any peach (boo!), sadly, but it is gorgeous anyway. It's still floral, but it's a deep floral. I can make out the berries and what I suppose is the vanilla cream and honey making this sweet and lovely. I don't get any cold or ice out of this, nor is it nearly as fruity or foody as I was expecting. I can very easily imagine a princess smelling like this- sweet florals with a hint of purple berries. Once I'm out of the bath and dried, the scent lingers very well on my skin and has good throw. Oddly enough, if I hold my arm to my nose, I can smell the cold notes now. Since I amp cold on Snow White, I'm guessing my skin likes the lab's cold note.

I would definitely buy this again.

Love the way this smells. Chilly peach with a hint of blackberry with a sweet creaminess. I use it as a moisturizer and it applies well just like all of BPTPs oils. It dries to a faint peachy vanilla honey. For something so fruity and sweet in the notes, this is not at all overbearing or headache inducing (I'm looking at you, unhappily ever after!). If I had known it would be great, I would have ordered another!

Oh yeah, this is awesome. I was kind of nervous about so many people smelling florals (not my thing), but I had to take a chance when the notes sounded like absolute heaven.

This has the same sort of tart/tangy currant I love in Fairy Wine settled between a pillow of delicate honey, vanilla and peach. Not perfumey to me at all; it's very refreshing but indulgent.

Immediately after I put it on (using it as a moisturizer at the moment) my husband asked, "Am I smelling you?"

I asked what it smelled like and his response was, "Just good. Like yummy fruit and sugar."

So yep, that was Princess. I really like that the fruit here is so realistic; sometimes BPAL's fruits are either too candy-like or turn to plastic on me.

Here they're luscious, rich and soothing. Yum indeed!

Cannot believe I have not reviewed this already...maybe I was too busy smelling myself. I use my oils in the bath and sometimes for post bath moisturizing. This is a wonderful sweet, icy peach with honey and cream. Cool and lovely. I think Balame nails it above by saying, "it's very refreshing but indulgent." Perfect description. I get no florals at all from this either.

Edited by AlectoFurious

In the bottle I smell the iced blackberry

On my skin I smell very sweet peaches.

On the dry down the sweet vanilla has taken over balanced by some light honey. The scent will last very long on my skin.

Like all of the bath oils, I use this as a moisturizer throughout the day​.

I was really stoked to snag this on Etsy, it has been on my wish list for some time!

On my skin, this is a gorgeous iced fruit scent with frosty honey. It's quietly stunning. The honey is ever so slightly floral. There's a creaminess from the vanilla cream that is lovely. I adore this. I wish there was a matching perfume oil!

I snagged this off of Etsy on a whim because I was low on bath oil. Based off the scent notes I was worried the berries would translate to cough syrup which can happen for me sometimes but nope this is beautiful! As others have said Ice Princess is surprisingly warm due to the honey and vanilla cream but the berries give it a Yule edge. I'm happy I snagged this. :wub2:

Edited by FloridaFledgling

Note: I'm testing this on my skin as opposed to in the bath.

FloridaFledgling kindly gifted me a decant of this from her bottle :heart: , and it smells nicer than I would have expected with two berry notes in the mix! The iced blackberries are the star here, backed by the blackcurrant honey, which is more blackcurrant than honey at first but becomes more honey-like over time. The white peach isn't distinct to my nose, and the vanilla cream only shows up after several hours of wear, by which point, the scent is pretty light. The honey is a perfume-y kind of honey, which takes this blend in that direction instead of it being a fruity gourmand type of scent. I keep smelling this and thinking that it reminds me of something, and I think what it reminds me of is a bottle of Winter Maiden Atmosphere Spray that I once had. (That was a bath oil scent that Puddin had accidentally poured as an atmo and offered as a prize in a little competition he posted many years ago... and I was the one who had won that atmo. I think a few others may have been released on Etsy afterwards?) I no longer have that atmo to verify that scent comparison (it's long since used up), but I think it's accurate since they both feature iced blackberry notes.

This is pretty nice for someone who typically avoids berry-centric scents. :) 

Edited by doomsday_disco