Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Poenari

Egg Nog Bath Oil

EGG NOG
Sweet brandy, dark rum, heavy cream, sugar, and a dash of nutmeg.

Note: I use the bath oils as an after-shower moisturizer, so have not tested this in the tub. The consistency and texture of the bath oils is just wonderful and the oil goes on smoothly and sinks into my skin without making me greasy.

I bought both the Egg Nog perfume and the bath oil this year, and I have to say that I greatly prefer the bath oil. The reason is that it is a little more spicy and the scent lingers longer. It smells exactly like Egg Nog, and is not plasticky on my skin, nor is the cream sour. For some reason I get a similarity to Glowing Vulva bath oil, but without the spices. Maybe it's the cream note that reminds me of GV. In any case, I really love this and plan to order a backup bottle. This will also layer well with other perfumes containing a cream note, without overpowering them. I think this Egg Nog is very wearable on its own as a scent. Edited by Silvertree
Merged first review.

I've used this in the bath and as a body oil and it is sublime. One for those who love heavy, creamy, gourmand blends. I agree that it has the potential to be good for layering and think I will have to give that a go ;)

I totally agree that the Bath Oil is stronger/longer lasting than the perfume oil. I have used this as a moisturizer and love how it feels on my skin - scenting it lightly with egg nog which dries down to a slightly spiced creamy vanilla. Good stuff! Doesn't seem to go plasticky at all (my Egg Nog '2011 perfume oil does go a bit plasticky for the first half hour or so).

Egg Nog smells like a vanilla pudding, custardy, with a hint of rum.

Unfortunately, BPAL's cream note tends to go plasticky on me, and its no exception.

So it ends up smelling a little like vanilla play doh on me.

I splurged on an unopened 8oz bottle of Eggnog bath oil with some trepidation ( :lol:). I worried it would be mostly plastic-y vanilla, or smell... off after all this time.

Rejoice! My fears were unfounded! It smells just like eggnog with a hefty dose of rum. The rum mostly dissipates once in the bath, yet the experience is still richly divine. :lovestruck:
I love drinking eggnog (straight up, in my coffee, in sweet breads...), and the Lab’s perfumes with it don’t often do it justice on my skin. Now, I can properly slather myself for the holidays with glee! So happy I took the plunge, and that the previous owner took such good care in storing the bottle.