Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Venneh

Chocolate Espresso Gingerbread Soap

CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO GINGERBREAD
Dark molasses, espresso beans, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and brown sugar with rum-infused espresso frosting.

Oh man. This is amazing. Chocolately coffee-jolted gingerbread, and there's bits of coffee bean in it, I think, to help exfoliate. Makes you smell like you want to eat yourself. Definitely another one that warrants backups.

Strong nutmeg and chocolate on me. Not getting a lot of espresso other then an underlying bitterness. Very yummy and decadent smelling though. A winner.

This is a WINNER! I used my soap for the first time today and it is soooo yummy!! It smells GREAT and has a wonderful exfoliating texture! I wish I could find this scent in an oil, lotion, snack bar, drink...etc etc! Anyone of you out there debating on whether or not to get this, GET IT!! You won't be disappointed. :joy:

I finally cracked into this one.

Very dark brown soap that smells heavily of chocolate. It lathers very nicely and leaves my skin feeling soft. After the first use I uncovered teeny bits of espresso beans which give it a nice light exfoliating effect. Because the bar is so dark brown, the rivulets of soapy water that run down my skin and into the drain look like I'm rubbing mud on myself. Not pretty.

Scentwise, I get mostly chocolate with a bit of coffee and hardly can detect any gingerbread. Left out in the soap dish, it scents the whole upstairs of my house with a slightly dusty chocolate note, sort of like cocoa powder. It's not a great, rich chocolate, actually.

I'd give this a 3 of 5, I think. I'll enjoy it while I use it, but I don't need more.

Yummy soap. At first it seemed to lack a lot of scent but once I lathered up, the warm gingerbread really came out. There's maybe a hint of chocolate in there too but it is barely noticeable. And I can't smell any coffee, but there is some nice scrubby courser ground coffee beans that aren't too harsh. Glad I was able to try this.