Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
amanderinorange

The Storyteller's Parlor Atmosphere Spray

THE STORYTELLER'S PARLOR
No, no! The adventures first, explanations take such a dreadful time.

A soft leather armchair, pipesmoke, crackling firewood, and a snifter of brandy.

Okay, not very good with reviews, but here it goes.

This is a very lovely scent! Slightly sweet pipesmoke combines nicely with a touch of soft brown leather. I'm not sure if part of the sweetness I am smelling is also the brandy as it's not coming across as boozy. All in all it's a wonderful, evocative scent and feels very comforting. I told my sister what the notes were and she said, "oh. So you want your house to smell like an old British man?" lol. If this is what an old British man smells like, then yes.

I think I might just have to get a second bottle of this.:wub2:

Smoke, firewood, and leather are strongest notes I'm finding though the brandy is certainly there in the background. It's nothing I'd spray my pillow with at night, but it does smell lovely as a room spray in our family room and den.

I expected this one to have more notes come through, but all I get is the leather armchair. None of the pipesmoke or brandy, and I was really hoping for the firewood scent to come through. Leather is not my favorite note, and unfortunately this one is all leather. I think I may try it out in my car, though, because it almost has a new car smell to it. It is very long-lasting and not unpleasant if you like leather.

Updated review after trying it out in the car: Now this scent is awesome! I sprayed two squirts towards the carpeted floor mat on the passenger side of my car. As it dispersed, the leather faded and there was the scent I had been hoping for! Definitely wafting pipesmoke and a slight brandy. When I returned to my car after work, the scent was lingering and is exactly as described. I'm so glad that I gave this another try in the car! I drive one hour each way to work and usually listen to audiobooks, so now my car is my storyteller's parlor . :lol:

Edited by Poenari

Hmm.. this is WAY softer than I was expecting! I did one spray up in the air, and couldn't smell a thing!! So then I did a second spray... and there it was :)

The leather is definitely the star of this show - it's a gorgeous soft, snuggly leather - really warm and lovely. The brandy adds a top note of sweetness, which doesn't really smell boozy at all - just a warm rich sweetness which mixes nicely with the sultry pipesmoke smell. I'm not sure where the 'crackling firewood' comes into play - I don't pick up anything 'smoky' as such in here at all.

This will be positioned right next to my main man, Doc Constantine, as my 2nd favourite leather spray :D

OMG, the firewood! Just STUNNING. I grew up in rural Ontario in various old farmhouses that always had a wood stove, fireplace or both. This just takes me back. The pipe smoke is sweet and the leather is indeed the good stuff.

You don't need a lot either ~ a little goes a long way.

In bottle: Plush brown leather, austere but not intimidating. A soft curl of pipesmoke and glowing firewood, with a drop of sweet brandy.

Wet: The smoke and leather intensify for a moment, before giving way to the brandy much more than anticipated. It smells like a perfect black cherry, just this side of being too ripe, when the skin still gives without breaking. Not too sweet, and surprisingly not boozy.

Dry: A smooth blend of hazy cherry and warm leather.

Verdict: Divinely comforting and rich, top notch indeed.

The leather is rich and soft. It's the strongest player, with a touch of smoke and a touch of brandy. Honestly, this reminds me to BPAL's Hellfire. So if you're a fan of leather and/or Hellfire, give this a whirl.

I love this cozy scent in the winter, and it makes me feel like curling up with a cup of tea and reading all night under a quilt. It's the scent of 221 B Baker Street, and I think Sherlock is sitting in a leather chair by the fire smoking and Watson is writing some notes at the table.

i love this one in winter. i get a lot of pipesmoke and firewood with hints of leather and brandy. such an ambience to this one! love it.