Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

PLUM PUDDIN’

Sultana raisins, red currants, candied orange peel, allspice, clove, nutmeg, sherry, and cognac.

Plum Puddin from Puddin! :D

The alcohol is strong in this one. Even for me... my skin usually burns it off.

This is more reminiscent of Raisin Liqueur or Rum Raisin Ice Cream... with spice.

Happy and festive. Shockingly less foodie than I thought it'd be. I'd layer this with something like Mitzvah or Beaver Moon.

Plum Puddin': Oh man! Something ruins this scent for me. For one second I actually thought I smelled the red currents/raisins but then it turned. It may be the sherry & cognac trying to take over. I do smell a slight sweetness but something is off on me. Darn it!

wet, it smelled like bubble gum. Sweet and candy like too.

Dry more raisin. Very light and close to the skin too.

Did I get something totally different than everyone else? On me this is one of the most gorgeous scents I have tried! :thud:

It is not foody at all, I don't get much alcohol at all, maybe a teensy bit of the sherry. Mostly it's currants and spices and even though it's not listed, it smells a bit musky. The color that comes to mind is a rich, royal purple. And on me it is strong with a lot of throw, and I barely put any on!!

I almost never buy backups anymore, but I am seriously considering it for this.

Did I get something totally different than everyone else? On me this is one of the most gorgeous scents I have tried! :thud:

It is not foody at all, I don't get much alcohol at all, maybe a teensy bit of the sherry. Mostly it's currants and spices and even though it's not listed, it smells a bit musky. The color that comes to mind is a rich, royal purple. And on me it is strong with a lot of throw, and I barely put any on!!

I almost never buy backups anymore, but I am seriously considering it for this.

This.

Definitely a "plummy" note with a hint of rum. Like a darker, boozier Sugar Plum Fairy.

Fun, festive, playful.

Man. I feel like I'm not even reviewing the same scents that everyone else is with these Puddins. They were all terrible fail on me, and this one was the worst of the bunch.

At first I smelled florals and then it smelled familiar, and then I smelled dirt. So weird. It's kind of a foody, flowery, dirt mix. I didn't smell any of the floral/dirt stuff from the vial, just foody-boozy. After it sits a little I'm getting floral-spicy-boozy and fruity. As it dries, I think the fmailiar note is the currant, which is not a note I tend to enjoy. It's not awful, but it's not thrilling me either, and something is a bit off-putting.

Second try: lots of floral again, trying to give me a headache. Where the hell are these flowers coming from?? I can't even smell spices in here, it's just florals and that currant note turning all nasty on me.

No. Even worse the second time. I had to go wash it off.

I got this as a gift, otherwise I probably wouldn't have chosen it for myself. I really can't wear foodie-spicy scents well... cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, etc. are all just straight up spice rack scents to me. In small doses they sometimes work but my skin tends to amp them. So a mixture like this had utter doom potential. Also, I was worried that this would be very gourmand, which is another murky scent area for me. I love sweet or sugary, and fruity areas of that world but that's about it. But! This works on me!

It is very boozy and fruity at first with strong plum. I expected a more dry, sweetly saturated raisin note but it only comes off as wet, syrupy dark plum. I love plum notes so this was a big plus. Something about it at this stage reminds me of an opium-type smell. That sharp, boozy plum wears down shortly and it changes into a softer, more sweet fruitiness. I get a lot more of the orange. It stays sort of candy-esque for the rest of the time with a bit of a musk-spice drydown. It felt somewhat floral during the drydown too but not dominantly so.

So this ended up being a small triumph of sorts to know that a spice scent can work so well on me. This was never overly strong or suffocating, but it does have great longevity. I really like this and I think it'll be another good one to pull out in colder weather.

Plum Puddin is like very tart, slightly sour fruit and a dash of cinnamon on me. I don't know if it smells super plum-like to me, but reading over the other reviews, it does remind me a bit of red currant (sour-fruity). It reminds me of sweet tarts.

In the imp: Booze and a little orange peel.

On skin, wet: Super boozy, a hint of clove.

On skin, dry: Cologne. Cheap cologne. Like, Axe bodyspray. Badness.

After an hour: Same as initial drydown. Figgy Puddin' did almost the same thing on me, so I blame the cognac.

Plum raisin bubble gum in the vial. Wet, a shot of cognac and sherry show up. This has a very light throw. I can barely smell it. There is a hint of allspice mingling with the fruits but otherwise that's about it.

I love Plum Puddin'! It's plummy and sort of medicinal at first. I put it on and kind of forgot about it. 5 hours later, I was home and firmly planted on the sofa and something smelled really good. I thought maybe my sweatshirt had some fruity oil on it or something and then I realized it was the PP. At that point, it was a delicious, soft fruity scent, a little dark, but in a good way.

Lots of fermented fruit at first. After a bit, spice dominates, mostly a christmassy nutmeg. This finally ends up being a sweet, tropical floral on me. (wtf?) Now this reminds me of something with rice flower.aka Castitas, which I detest. yeah, vanilla rice flower.

I like plum (although it's actually not a listed note, I was hoping for plum accord maybe), but.... in the decant, this kind of smells like alcoholic prune juice. O_O Fortunately, once applied to my skin some spice starts to come out. Still pretty boozy, though. It's better on me than Figgy Puddin', and I do like it. I'll probably hang onto this decant to use once it gets to be fall/winter.

I love this! Something told me I might, but I didn't really expect to be wowed like this. I get the fruity bubble-gum top notes, but later this is sultry fruits and spices. This is special. Something about it reminds me of Djinn, which sounds crazy, but it's undeniable. There's nothing burnt about Plum Puddin', so maybe it's the spices? I also think of Joulumuori, which makes a little more sense.

Anyway I really like this, glad I took a chance.

So. In the bottle it scares me. It smells like cough syrup that a witch would make. Alcohol and dark fruit but not overly medicinal like commercial cough syrup, but still not very attractive. On me, urgh, it's worse if anything. It blasted up my sinuses and I got that feeling/smell from snorting pool water accidentally. It burns. Oof. The actual scent is rather pretty, plummy and dark fruits and a bit of booze, but the nostril burning, I can't handle. Swaps.

This scent was mostly raisins and currants with lots of spice and what I think is the sherry. I say I think because it's a boozy note that is new to me and sadly I don't really like it. It has that "grandma scent" kind of thing behind it too which is really weird and not sure why. This would be much better if it had a TON of pudding to balance out all these other notes. But I do not smell any pudding sadly. It's mainly fruits and icky booze. Luckily it has low throw and short staying power so it wasn't around long. :(