Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

FIGGY PUDDIN’
Calymyrna figs, dark rum, cognac, raisins, cinnamon, ginger, brown sugar, and clove.

More Puddin from Puddin!

This is less alcoholic than the Plum Puddin but it still has a strong smell of spirits.

More depth and also a bit more tart than it's sister scent from the Trading Post.

Figgy Puddin': Oh yes! I love me some figgy puddin'. It actually smells like sweet bread to me. Zero booze in this one. It's funny how different the cognac is acting in this one. :lol: Yum!

Figgy pudding is nom nom nom. My fave of the 3 bottled scents released. Smells more like a dessert than a spirit to my nose.

I didn't think I would like this scent, as I don't care for fig. But much to my surprise, I love it! This starts off fruity rainsin, then settles into a juicy fig scent. The fig fades out and I get a yummy spice and brown sugar scent. The dry stage is a slightly boozy pudding. I think this may be bottle worthy, yum! :yum:

Lots of sweet fruit (fig!) with a hint of bread. No booze here, strong throw. I generally like fig scents, but the sweetness is a tad overwhelming. I wish I could smell more of the spices (cinnamon, clove, ginger).

I only got a 1/2 decant of this because I was afraid of the fig note, but surprisingly this smells pretty awesome on my skin. Fruit, brown sugar, and spices with a small amount of booze mixed in.

In the decant: Sweet booze, fruits and spices. No ginger is to be detected (that's a good thing on my skin).

Wet on skin: A sweet caramelized fig, with booze. NOM!

Dry on skin: After an hour, there's the same soft pudding note in this scent that you can find in Black Cherry Amaretto Christmas Puddin', then the scent disapears...

Final thoughts: Ginger is a death note for me, but I decided to try this one because Figs! Rum! Raisins! & because I love figgy pudding. I was hoping for something with more throw. The drydown is a rather soft Christmas Pudding with fig undertones. I much prefer the louder wet phase.

Try if you like: Sunbird, Black Cherry Amaretto Christmas Puddin'

Figs, rum and cinnamon. This one would be my perfect fig scent if it stuck around longer. Sadly, my skin chemistry EATS this.

I generally dislike fig, but I love foody-spicy scents so I took a chance and tried this one from a decant circle.

At first this isn't too bad… a bit reminiscent of Fruitcake. It's a dark fruit and spices, a faint booziness. Seemed to fade fairly quickly.

On a second try, I got a headachey musk in the mix. Bleh. The fig never even had a chance to ruin this, the musk note in here did it before the fig even showed up for the party. I'll stick with Fruitcake.

ETA: I know the description doesn't say there's musk, but that's what I smelled.... the kind of musk that gives me a headache. Kind of like what has been in some of the foody DD exclusive scents [the Reindeer one, I think?]. I don't know what of the listed ingredients could be causing it, or maybe something else is in here unlisted, but phew. Something went wrong.

Edited by myth

wow. lots of rum at first, but it doesn't go immediately terrible on my skin like most rum scents. the sweet figs and spice tend to keep it in check. but… boo, the rum takes over and it goes all plasticky like it always does. RUM! why must you taste so good, but smell so bad?

after a while the rum dies down and i get a lot of yummy fig, maybe some bread. it's kinda like fruitcake but not as fruity and less boozy. it's actually nice but i don't think i'll wear it.

Edited by porcelina

Figgy Puddin smells like burnt caramel, cinnamon, and a hint of fig on me. It's too sweet, but it's also really light on me and only lasts about an hour. A World of Fools was last year's figgy pudding blend, and it was more complex, not as sickly sweet, and longer lasting than this blend. I also prefer Molly Grue for a foodie fig scent, and Intrigue for a general fig scent.

In the imp: Cakey, boozy, and figgy. Yummy!

On skin, wet: Cakey and spicy, no more booze or fig.

On skin, dry: And all of a sudden this smells like someone dipped that spicy cake in cologne. And not terribly good cologne, either. x.x

After an hour: Same as the initial drydown, and since Plum Puddin' did something similar on me, I suspect the cognac is the bad note.

In the vial, this is so rum raisin with cloves. Wet, the brown sugar mixes in with the spices and now, the fig has entered into the picture. Overall, still very rum raisin. I like this one the best out of all the puddins. It has the best balance of fruit, spice, and booze.

I'm getting fresh, sweet fig from wet to dry. The sweetness does seem to gain in strength. There is a festive vibe to this blend, but ultimately too foody and sweet.

Figgy Puddin' was the one out of the three I was most worried about, because fig often turns bad on me, but I like spiced scents like this, so I decided to give it a try.

In the decant: Boozy. o_o A little spice but mostly booze (rum more than cognac.) On my skin I'm getting a bit more spice, although the booze note is still very strong. As it dries more it starts to turn into a slightly dry, spiced fruity scent. The fig here isn't going rotten-smelling on me like it sometimes does, but the initial boozy phase is still way too strong for me. Spicebush Swallowtail is still my favorite of these types of scents, it seems.

Edited by sunlitgarden

A loooooot of figs. So good! And brown sugar, my skin lovs this, my bottle is almost finished,

It really smells super cozy and fun, but also sophisticated.

It will also might give you some serious Puddin' cravings ;)

When winter arrives, I am gonna haunt the forum for some more :P

In the bottle: BOOZE. Fruity, sweet booze.

Wet on my skin: BOOZE. With a bit of brown sugar and dark, juicy fruit. It's actually a bit overwhelming at this stage.

Dry: Thankfully, this does not remain overwhelming when it dries. It's a juicy and true fig with brown sugar and booze, and it smells good enough to eat. It's definitely more of a dessert scent than a spirit or liqueur scent, but it's like...purple fruit mashed with brown booze and spices. Yep. I guess that's kinda what a pudding is anyway, isn't it? JUICY, boozy, sweet fruit, sweet spices. The raisin note threatened to make things weird, but now it's behaving and the delicious, lovely fig is the main fruit. Mmmm.

I uh... spontaneously bought this thinking it would be delicious, but I forget cognac is not a smell I am a fan of.

Wet: Something medicinal and alcoholic, very cognac, slight fig
Dry: Ginger, cinnamon, clove… all the spices and that cognac accord really seems to be highlighted on my skin, that or aging has really amp'd the spices and alcohol over the fruits. It doesn’t remind me too much of pudding though at all. It's also rather “cold” and fresh rather than “warm” fig pudding. Sadly, the fig is not prominent on me either.
Dry down: Perfumey cognac and slightly plastic... ahh that dreaded plastic note. Strong throw and long wear, but not for me.

Edited by follis

Delicious, red punchy pudding in the bottle, but getting the exact same results as Follis above me when it touches my skin. Goes plastic, medicinal, vaguely cognac-y with a nice, but barely-there fig. Aw.