Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
rorygory

Question about white prototype labels

Hi there!

My name is Rory, and I'm a new BPAL addict. I just joined this site recently. I've browsed through all the forums looking for an answer to this question, but haven't found any- apologies though if I am asking something that has already been answered somewhere!

I just had a multi-swap with a really sweet girl on Makeupalley who threw in a number of BPAL prototypes: Rose Red, Peacock Queen, Snow White, Midwinter's Eve, and Krampus. All of them come with a white label that says "Prototype not for sale"

Does anyone know what these are? Are they test formulations of the scents? Is it the kind of thing you can buy if you're out in LA?

Any info would be appreciated! Thanks!

Rory

Hi there!

My name is Rory, and I'm a new BPAL addict. I just joined this site recently. I've browsed through all the forums looking for an answer to this question, but haven't found any- apologies though if I am asking something that has already been answered somewhere!

I just had a multi-swap with a really sweet girl on Makeupalley who threw in a number of BPAL prototypes: Rose Red, Peacock Queen, Snow White, Midwinter's Eve, and Krampus. All of them come with a white label that says "Prototype not for sale"

Does anyone know what these are? Are they test formulations of the scents? Is it the kind of thing you can buy if you're out in LA?

Any info would be appreciated! Thanks!

Rory

Well, I am sort of new myself, but from the scents you listed, those are limited edition scents...ones that only come out only during holidays, like Halloween or Christmas. The ones I recognize as Yule scents are Peacock Queen, Snow White, and Midwinter's Eve, only because those scents are out this year, so I also have to assume since BPAL does not offer imps of LE scents, these were decanted from original bought bottles....hope that makes sense!!! :)

Do they have wand caps? We do prototype labels for two different things, Will Call testers and scent that we send out for approval. Since those are Yules and wouldn't have needed to be approved by anyone, I am guessing those are Will Call testers.

Rory - are they 5ml bottles? Or small vials? If it's a bottle, then wickedgoddess is correct - those sound like testers that are set out for sniffing at will call Lunacy events.

Sign in to follow this