Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sun-warmed squashes, peppers, salad greens, snap peas, radishes, green onions, and silphium.

In the imp: Very much a late-summer garden: warm, green, earthy without being overtly dirt-y. Reminds me strongly of our backyard gardens when I was a kid :)

Wet On Skin: The green is really starting to take over at this point. It's more dense than, say, cucumber. and it's not foodie. It actually reminds me a lot of aloe vera. not the juice, but the straight up gel from the leaf. It's a strong intense smell, but not overwhelming.

Dry Down: Totally green. I get no individual veggies from this, and nothing as sharp as onion or radish. It's just a dense green, like walking through a lush vegetation-laden area. not trees, just big green leaves everywhere.

In All: Medium to High throw, pretty long lasting with little morph from wet to dry. For those that have been wanting another scent in the vein of Planting Moon, this is it. not sure I personally want to wear it as a perfume, but I really like it for it's own sake and would totally use it as an atmosphere and linen spray to be sure ;)

It was great to get Imps of this at WC for the food drive!

In the Imp: I got a pine-y grass sort of smell; like when you walk through a winter nursery where they're selling poinsettias and pines. Doesn't smell at all like squash/vegetables to me. Smells earthy, but not in a masculine dirt type of way.

Wet on skin: Went on strongly of plants, but not florals. On me I smell eucalyptus and babies breath. It feels like a strange mixing of two seasons (Winter/Summer) because of the specific plant smells I'm getting (eucalyptus/pine + cold plant). Has a dewy grass quality to it, but also a crispness like a winter chill. I'm getting a faint "florists shop" type smell.

Dry: I could barely smell it on me, it was so faint. I actually like it more than I thought I would; maybe it's because I have great childhood memories of working in a garden. It really smells to me like a nursery or florists shop, especially around Christmastime when they're using eucalyptus, pine, and babies breath all together. Don't get me wrong; it is not like the eucalyptus used for humidifiers and the like, this is the actual woodsy eucalyptus smell, like the wide-leaf kind used in floral displays. Has a winter dewy meadow smell. :D Not woodsy like cedar or moss, it's a dew-laden eucalyptus forest if a cold chill ran through.

I think it would be great for people who like gardening, or just like the wild outdoors. It feels like it could be a unisex scent, since I'm not getting any strong florals or powdery-ness to it, at least not ON ME. To me there was a slight change from bottle to drydown; it went from more warm grass to a crisp florists shop scent. And on me it is so light it's incredible; I didn't wash or do anything that would wear the scent away.

I agree with VioletChaos that it'd be nice as an atmosphere or linen spray. I feel it would be lovely when used in combo with another oil, since on me it fades fast.

I remember seeing the description of this and thinking, hmm...this does not sound like a "me" scent, but I got an unexpected surprise via my switch witch, who included some hard to get imps like this, so I'm trying it!

In the imp: a very nice green scent with a touch of BO. Hmmm.. Not good so far! 00000288.gif

On: thankfully the BO scent goes away! Now, it is a very alluring green scent. I see the comparison to cucumber, but it's not quite that, as VioletChaos noted. (I don't like cucumber as a scent, so I'm glad it's not that!) It is in the same family as cucumber in terms of being a pale green, moist scent, so cuke lovers might like it, but it's not quite that. I can see the aloe vera comparison. To me, the easiest way to describe it would be to say it smells like the sap if you broke a thick-stem of a plant, or that smell of a twig if you peeled the bark off. Pale green and fresh.

I got nothing sharp from this at all--no pine, no eucalyptus. I can see the floral shop reference too--wet greenery.

It's a nice summery scent, and reminds me of growing green things. I don't know that I'll reach for it often, but I am delighted to get to try it, and to discover that it is quite lovely, unlike my initial thought when I read the description!

This is so wet and green green green...there's something almost woodsy about it at first, too. The drydown is really sharp and soapy on me though. Really interesting notes here but they don't quite work on my skin!

Karmê (Κάρμη): This took me forever to find for a review. :lol: I didn't realize it was a WC food drive imp.

Not liking this one. It's a flowery vegetable garden but in a cheap generic way. ick!

Received as a frimp from the Lab...

I wanted to love this...I wish somehow that my skin would act like everyone elses!!

When I put this on it was immediately a floral...it stayed a floral, and dried down to a white crisp floral that amped and I ended up having to wash it off....damn, another one bites the dust.

Green, vegetable floral that on wet reminds me to Planting Moon/Green Party. However, as it dries, it goes more soapy.

Pretty, green, tasty.

In the imp: Very green. Like a table filled with tons of newly harvested, different vegetables. As I don't eat vegetables myself, I can't pick out any of the notes in here. However, I want to say...soft dill and pepper?

On me: Very fresh and green. I was afraid that I would get a mishmash of different vegetables, and I'm so happy that this isn't like that. In my head I see an early summer morning aand the vegetables are ripe and ready for the harvest. There is also something "wet" and cool about this. Like glistening drops of dew on every leaf. I can imagine that this will help you cool off in the warmer months!

Several hours later: The same as before, a very fresh and different scent!

I LOVE this :wub2: Thanks again to Oceandreamer001 for frimping me this one :)

The drydown is the same as the opening scent only softer. To me, this smells very fresh and juicy, like fruit but less sweet or tart (depending on the fruit). It is a non-sweet version of what I EXPECTED Titania to smell like, if that makes sense ;)

(Half an hour after applying it smelled a bit more herby and just a little bit soapy, but it quickly morphed into a soft fresh scent.)

Edited by yuniper

In bottle: Wow! This does have a complex, late season vegetable garden scent. This is actually what I wanted that Pumpkin III with the gourds and thiongs to smell like. This is the late summer/early fall counter part to Planting moon, and I wish I had a whole bottle of this glory. It is faintly fruity for no reason I can pin down, though I suspect it’s an accidental accord involving the squash and one or more other elements. I am really impressed by them capturing delicate notes like salad greens and snap peas. It is warm and homey and delicious. Wet: Even better on the skin, which I didn’t think possible. The notes are even more distinct. It’s still squash dominant, and that faint and lovely accidental fruit accord is still haunting it. The mixed greens are second, and they really pop on the skin, taking the other kitchen garden elements for a dance each in turn. If you were worried about the green onions, don’t be. They function more as a delicate accent than a strong scent. Did I mention how lovely the squash note is? It’s so fresh and bright and sweetly delicate all at once. Dry: Less stunning on the dry down as the accords start breaking down, but still on the unusual end. The shards of the squash accord stay dominant, with peppers, onion, and silphium still discernible over the break down products of the other elements. I worry about how this will age, so best to use quickly.

I just got an imp of this--wet, it smells like fresh-chopped parsley! Drying down and dry--it still smells like parsley! I love to sniff it but not to wear as a fragrance. But it does give me a little boost of energy and make me smile, so I'll keep it for those dull, dreary days for a little zing! :coffee:

In imp: definitely green--salad greens sound quite right! There is also something sweet, almost fruity, along with the greens, but not tipping over completely. This is a ripe scent, with cut stalks, very "alive".

Wet on skin: oh, this is so beautiful. Color impression is definitely green, with hints of other colors and ingredients--yellow, orange. This is a wonderful "garden" scent without soil and with very little flowers, but it's not an overtly "vegetable" scent. I keep thinking fruity, but it's not a "fruit" scent, just a ripe sort of green, inviting and vibrant.

Dry: this didn't change on my skin from the wet to dry stage, other than becoming a bit softer around the edges. Green, ripe, alive, fresh--it really is a beautiful, fresh summer-y scent without being overly fruity.

Verdict: I really like this! It was such a joy sniffing this and trying it on. Sadly this isn't something I would wear, even as enjoyable as it is. It's such a pretty scent.

I don't pick out any particular note but I get soft, sweet and earthy. I like it, it's nothing like anything I already own and I will for sure use up my imp.

Onions? Really? I get cucumber body wash with aloe and maybe grass, just a big juicy mix of everything green. It's almost a floral on me.

Initially this smells like walking through the farmers market, dewy grass and all! It becomes a little floral, then, dried out, I really smell like I've just made a salad!

Was frimped this by a lovely forumite! :D

Imp: Wow, this reminds me of walking through the P-Patch at the local park in late summer or fall, when there are all sorts of vegetables growing. Or walking through a farmer's market with fresh produce. Basically, this is like a vegetable garden (minus the dirt).

On my skin, I get predominantly a fresh cucumber note. It kind of reminds me of the old B&BW scent "Cool Cucumber", but of course better because it's BPAL. :lol: Very refreshing. Now I want to try Squirting Cucumber, because I doubt I'll ever get another imp of this, and I like it.

I like good Karme. :smile:

For me, it registers as purely bright and fresh: a little bit of sunshine in a bottle. Maybe a bit grassy, definitely bright, almost a white light floral.

On: Softens up and goes creamy. I do get that floral feeling, but perhaps I'm associating it with the green note under some rose scents I like. Gord lies very low underneath, throwing hints up now and then and giving some stability. Mostly waving greenery on a sunny day, resting in the cool shade.

Soft, creamy, fresh. Like lying in the grass in your backyard next to clover.

Really good summer scent. It's hot already!

This smells like nothing so much to me as a slightly more vegetal version of the original Clairol Herbal Essence shampoo we had in the 70s, with the drawing of the lady with flowers in her long hair. It instantly sends me back to summers in camp in the Berkshires. I've washed my hair and am now sitting in the grass, maybe with a handful of wild strawberries or blueberries I've picked.

Not a scent for every day, but it really transports me to a moment that is fresh and young and green and clean.

Thanks to Sarah for the frimp! :wub2: Lots of greens and water, kind of like walking through a garden in the evening after the sprinkler had been on. I'm also getting something like fresh cut vegetables, but it doesn't smell bad to me, it's just adds a crispness. I really like this, it's very nice for summer.

A fresh, leafy green scent in the imp. It is definitely reminiscent of the vegetable notes, while still feeling like a wearable perfume and not a salad. On my skin, it smells like a soapy, green, "fresh" scent. Pretty much stayed very soapy on my skin. The imp scent was my favorite. Unfortunately, it went less fresh and green due to my stupid skin turning it to soap. I think this is a great summer scent, and would be amazing on the right person.

I was so excited to get a frimp of this from a forumite! There's a dirt note at the beginning that fades relatively quickly on me, and a cucumber note that gets stronger, but mostly it does smell like fresh raw veggies. Particularly radishes. In the beginning it reminded me a fair amount of Gorg's Garden. Unusualy but pretty!

Lagniapped from a goddess of a forumite and reached it today in my A-Z working my way through all of my scents. And seriously, this could not have come at a better time ... kind of like karma (no pun intended)! Yesterday I got results of my blood tests, including cholesterol, and today is Day 1 of the rest of my ... well, hopefully not the rest of my life but certainly the rest of the spring/summer as I work on lowering that nasty count with a lot of greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen stuff.

IN THE IMP: SOOOO very fresh and green it's like sticking my nose into a little bottle of Farmer's Market! Very fresh and invigorating and perfect for the official first day of spring, even though here in the mid-Atlantic it does not feel springy OUTdoors.

Dabbed generously on wrist and in crook of arm.

WET: I know that there are no cucumbers listed in the notes but, like some other forumites, I am getting BIG TIME cucumber water, along with some other indefinable green and veggie notes. I used to use a "cucumber water" scent which I think was Caswell-Massey and, wet, this reminds me of that but in a more complex and fresh way.

DRYDOWN: This stays, happily, very true to the wet form and also reminds me of, as another forumite mentioned, my holy grail of scents, the original Herbal Essence shampoo. I proffered my wrist to my hubby (something I don't do that often) and he immediately commented it smelled like Herbal Essence as well. So you know what THAT means, right?

IT MEANS I HAVE TO FIND MORE MORE MORE OF THIS! Did it come in a 5 ML or only in imps since it was a Food Drive giveaway? Looks like I will be on the lookout for any and all imps of Karme, as I once was for Peace when it was an unreleased prototype.

OVERALL: Awesomeness. Spring. Freshness. Health, Green. Yum.

On a scale of 1-5, a definite 5.