Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
kenaz

BPAL equivalent for Terra Nova's Rain?

Does anyone know of a BPAL scent similar to Terra Nova's Rain? Years and years ago, my oldest and dearest friend gave me a bottle of Rain oil from a local headshop called Tradewinds in a sandalwood box (A Box of Rain! We were Deadheads at the time, so this seemed particularly meaningful to us. Ahem.)... It was the first perfume I ever wore. Years later, I found the scent at Terra Nova and bought a bottle, and it transported me back in time. Ahhh! I still have that bottle, though it is gummy and a bit rancid. I was going to buy a new bottle, but would prefer to stay in the BPAL family, so if anyone is familiar with the scent and can think of a BPAL equivalent, I'd be thrilled.

Unfortunately, my nose is too dumb to be able to describe any of the notes in the oil for those who are unfamiliar. The official description says "Its notes of green clover, lily of the valley and sheer musk create a sense of fresh, renewing clarity." Alas, since the Lab's search feature is down, I don't know how else to go about looking!

Many thanks!

The scent that immediately came to mind when I read your post was Amsterdam. You'll find it in the Wanderlust category - the notes listed are "Tulips, peony, fresh flowing water and crisp green grasses," which I find to be a fresh, clean scent with light floral-green notes. Bayou, which is also in Wanderlust, is a bit deeper and more robust, but in the same general family - "A lazy, warm deep green scent with a thick aquatic undertone: Spanish moss, evergreen and cypress with watery blue-green notes and an eddy of hothouse flowers and swamp blooms."

Most scents with "rain" in their names have a bit of an aquatic feel, so as you dabble in search of a similar scent, I'd look for aquatic notes and light florals based on the description & name.

Good luck!

This is great! Thank you so much!

The scent that immediately came to mind when I read your post was Amsterdam. You'll find it in the Wanderlust category - the notes listed are "Tulips, peony, fresh flowing water and crisp green grasses," which I find to be a fresh, clean scent with light floral-green notes. Bayou, which is also in Wanderlust, is a bit deeper and more robust, but in the same general family - "A lazy, warm deep green scent with a thick aquatic undertone: Spanish moss, evergreen and cypress with watery blue-green notes and an eddy of hothouse flowers and swamp blooms."

Most scents with "rain" in their names have a bit of an aquatic feel, so as you dabble in search of a similar scent, I'd look for aquatic notes and light florals based on the description & name.

Good luck!

Sign in to follow this