Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
fiddlefox

Something that smells like that vintage tinkerbell perfume

Does anyone know what I am talking about? I'm not talking about Disney, but it was a perfume and makeup line for children.

I remember! And I love that you're asking for it! I'm afraid I can't give any suggestions, but the minute someone does, I'll probably buy a bottle.

Yeah I don't know if there would be any bpals that smell like it on the count of that it was a really "perfumey" perfume but ya never know... Beth sure makes alot LOL

Yes!!! I remember having the nail polish now too after seeing the photo. And I know I had the perfume, and can almost smell it in my mind. Probably the first perfume I ever owned, and the only perfumeI think until my first bottle of Love's Baby Soft.

Little did I know how much other perfume I would have 40 years later...

found this quote online, can't find the notes for Tinkerbell though:

LUSH: "Lately I’ve been toting around The Smell of Freedom solid perfume ($12.95), and I’m diggin’ it. It has a woodsy/spicy/floral scent. I don’t know if any of y’all used to rock Tinkerbell perfume back in the day, but this perfume smells uncannily similar to Tink’s scent. I love the nostalgia factor."

another quote about the smell:

"I hadn't thought about the Tinkerbell products I had as a child in the 70s until my daughter came through the house sporting the all-too-recognizable nostalgic scent. The perfume she is wearing is Burberry London and I swear it smells just like Tinkerbell!"

and now I'm positive there are several varieties being discussed, because this person says:

"We are all talking about the lightly orange tinted bottle with an orange cap. It has a green silhouette of tinkerbell on the the bottle. Its scent is of orange and cotton candy, absolutely heavenly." (I think this last one is talking about the disney version)

Edited by CaudaPavonis

The one I remember from the 70's smelled mostly of lily of the valley. At least, that's how I remember it. So that's what I'd look for, something with a lot of lily of the valley in it. There was a fragrance from Jessica McClintock about 10+ years ago that was almost identical, but I don't know if that's still around.

If you find something similar from the lab, please let us know. I used to love that stuff when I was a kid! :wub:

Your right it was lily of the valleyish wasn't it? it's been so long I hardly remember. Did any of you ever have the petite nate perfume? I think Zarita the doll girl smells just like it but with burnt sugar.