Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Wwindy

BPAL to go with "Eastern Spice" soap

I picked up a bar of the Bee Folks' Eastern Spice soap, which is "ylang ylang, sandalwood, nutmeg, and cinnamon" (plus the honey they use to make the soap, I guess), and *love* the scent -- but I haven't had much luck finding a similar BPAL yet. The ylang ylang isn't really the strongest note for me, just a nice little hint of creamy floral on top of the gorgeous spices and wood.

So far I've tried Baghdad ("Amber, saffron and bergamot with mandarin, nutmeg, Bulgar rose, musk and sandalwood"), which was all amber and rose on me and not enough of the other stuff, and Aeronwen ("Fig, dark myrrh, amber, redwood, nutmeg, tarragon, black musk, and sweet orange"), which was too musky and herbal/citrusy. I do like both of them, they're just not the perfect match for this soap! Anyone have any good suggestions?

That sounds like a great soap! I would recommend Sin as a complementary perfume: Thouroughly corrupted: amber, sandalwood, black patchouli and cinnamon. Scherezade might be too musky, but if you like scents in the same family it's definitely worth a try: Saffron and Middle Eastern spices swirled through sensual red musk.

There's also Plunder: tea leaf, cassia, cinnamon bark, clove, allspice, sandalwood, tobacco, peppercorn, and nutmeg.

That sounds gorgeous! Maybe Bengal: A sultry and unruly blend that emulates the ambient scent of the markets in ancient Bengal: skin musk with honey, peppers, clove, cinnamon bark and ginger layered with Sri Lanka: Indian sandalwood and cedar, and the dry incense smoke of olibanum, gum mastic, patchouli and myrrh?

I wonder if Morocco would be something that would work. On me, it's soft carnation (which kind of combines floral and spice notes) with woody spices.

these scents have components in common with your soap:

Salome:

A scent that is both coquettish and sinister. Exotic and lush, brimming with grace and viciousness: almond with star jasmine, oakmoss, red sandalwood and Egyptian musk.

and

Seraglio:

Sweet almond and Mysor sandalwood enveloped by a heady veil of Bulgarian Rose, neroli, nutmeg, clove and orange peel.

Salome is good if you don't mind a bit of jasmine and Seraglio is all spicy sandalwood to me, I don't notice the rose too much.

ETA: just thought of Anne Bonny - A blend of Indonesian red patchouli, red sandalwood, and frankincens

Edited by Pyewacket

Thanks, guys! It's been ages since I pulled out Morocco and I hadn't even thought to try that one... and Seraglio sounds fantastic!

Returning to say...

In addition to the above suggestions, The Night Hag Visiting the Lapland Witches turns out to be fabulous with this soap! Yum. :)

Sign in to follow this