Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Batness

Blizzard (WoW, RPG) Scent Suggestions

If you're on Facebook, check out the Lab's new post: Brian did an interview with WoW Insider and discussed what World of Warcraft race would smell like what.

It also says "In the meantime, what would your recs be?"

I personally make little lists about what TV/Book/Game characters would smell like what BPAL scent, so this was a fun game for me.

Here are the WoW races they listed: Worgen, Draenei, Dwarf, Gnome, Human, Night Elf, and Goblin, Blood Elf, Orc, Tauren, Troll, Forsaken

What about other Blizzard games, like Starcraft (oooh to smell like Zerg) or Diablo? What would you guys recommend?

These are a little weird maybe, but I think they fit! I tried not to pick any RPGs :lol:

Worgen: The Curator, Fenris Wolf

Draenei: Yvaine, Lady Una (interesting, both from Stardust!)

Dwarf: Ded Moroz, Night's Bridge

Gnome: No. 93 Engine

Human: Tintagel

Night Elf: ???

Goblin: Smokestack

Blood Elf: Old Demons of the First Class, Bastet

Orc: The Rat Speakers, Rumpelstiltzchen

Tauren: Hunter

Troll: I hate to say it, but truly, Troll

Forsaken: Tombeur, Hellfire.. Zombi?

These are a little weird maybe, but I think they fit! I tried not to pick any RPGs :lol:

Those are interesting! :D I had a really hard time with Human and Draenei, no clue why. :P

I also tried not to use the RPG line, 'cause well, it felt like cheating. XP

Worgen - Loup Garou, LE Wolf Moon,... Voodoo - Wolf's Heart or Forum LE - WILF!

Draenei - Dark Del's Alien Invasion

Dwarf - Beer from the Marsh Woman's Brewery, LE Iron Phoenix (RPG: Dwarf)

Gnome - Steamworks' Phoenix Steamworks or Galvanic Goggles (RPG: Gnome)

Human - Blood, Dee, Miskatonic University

Night Elf - Forest Reverie, Fae, Bewitched

Goblin - LE Yule: Ebenezer Scrooge, Goblin

Blood Elf - Blood Kiss, Bon Vivant, Swank (RPG: Elf)

Orc - War, Dragon's Claw, Dragon's Hide, (RPG: Orc)

Tauren - LE Yule: Faunalia, Coyote, Nocnista

Troll - Bayou, Troll, Omen, Machu Picchu

Forsaken - Burial, Brimstone, Black Forest, Eau de Ghoul

Edited by Batness

I saw your post on Facebook! I love Alien Invasion for Draenei :rofl:

And I love Forest Reverie for Night Elves. That's perfect. And Ebenezer Scrooge! I forgot about those start zone quests, but it does fit :lol:

Someone picked Blood Countess for the blood elves, which was kind of extremely awesome.

I love reading these.. can't wait to see what Brian picked!

There's a new race coming in the next expansion - Pandaren. The obvious choice would be something with bamboo in it, but most of the blends with bamboo are LE's.

Starcraft I've got nailed though.

Protoss - Lightning

Zerg - Devil's Claw or Yorick (for the burrowing ones)

Human - The Robotic Scarab or Galvanic Goggles

There's a new race coming in the next expansion - Pandaren. The obvious choice would be something with bamboo in it, but most of the blends with bamboo are LE's.

Starcraft I've got nailed though.

Protoss - Lightning

Zerg - Devil's Claw or Yorick (for the burrowing ones)

Human - The Robotic Scarab or Galvanic Goggles

I never even thought about Pandaren! :D Awesome! I'll have to look into this...

AND OH MAN. We should expand this into other Blizzard territories....

Clearly, Pandaren would be anything with booze. They are sort of the preeminent brewmasters of Azeroth, after all. Crazy drunken-master kung fu bears...

Clearly, Pandaren would be anything with booze. They are sort of the preeminent brewmasters of Azeroth, after all. Crazy drunken-master kung fu bears...

There needs to be bamboo x fire x booze scents....WAIT IS THERE? I feel like this is something I've smelled...

Coyote smells like what Thousand Needles would probably smell like: dusty, dry, animalistic, warm.

I'm planning to do a Sarah Kerrigan cosplay, based on her character design in the first game and before she becomes infected. As a BPAL addict, I first though: "Oh! What Kerrigan would smell like?"

I though of Ultraviolet (Bewitching Brews):

Electrifying, mechanized and chilly -- the scent of crushed blooms strewn on cold metal. Lush violet and neroli spiked hard with eucalyptus and a sliver of mint.

Sign in to follow this