Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

Who do I email with questions? BPAL/BPTP contact info

It went! I wonder if I had typed in an extra space or something? Thanks, Macha, for encouraging me to try again! And thanks to Bill at the Lab for fixing my problem!

Is there an issue with emails comming in from Yahoo regarding order issues? I've send two emails from my yahoo account a couple of days apart regarding a missing bottle from my last order and nothing:/ Any other time I've sent them emails there has been a couple of hours before I got a response or even a day, but never longer. I was wondering if it was something on my end. Thanks.

Miranda

I just got my order from the lab and they sent me one incorrect bottle (I ordered Dragon's Milk and I got Dragon's Claw). I already emailed the lab about the mixup, but do you think they'll make me send them the bottle of Dragon's Claw back?

I haven't heard back from them, but I got a Click-N-Ship with a "Reship" notice so I assume they are just sending me a new bottle. I'll let you all know when I receive it.

I ordered a few bottles on november 8th and got a click-and-ship notification on november 28th.

But I haven't heared anything anymore after that. Even BPAL wont mail me back after I send

them a message or two. Is it that busy? Or should I get worried?

I also placed an order on november 13th and november 24th. And now I am getting worried

because the last time I ordered something, it never took this long to get it in.

I notice that you are an International customer, too, and since it has only been two weeks since you got your shipping notice, I honestly wouldn't worry yet. Customs, as well as the post service in general, tends to get backed up with holiday post through December, so I would just plain expect an extra few days or a week tacked on to normal shipping times.

Additionally, there have been issues with outgoing packages: http://www.bpal.org/index.php?showtopic=51950

Since you got a CnS, this probably didn't affect your order, but it does affect the speed with which BPAL's customer service team responds to emails, as they have undoubtedly been flooded. :P

I sent them an e-mail about an incorrect bottle received and haven't heard back from them - it's been a couple of days. How long does it take them to respond usually?

Can someone tell me who I can email regarding an order? I ordered on 26th nov and I still have not received a CnS. I am getting impatient because people who have ordered later than me have already received a CnS.

Edited by faeriedust

Can someone tell me who I can email regarding an order? I ordered on 26th nov and I still have not received a CnS. I am getting impatient because people who have ordered later than me have already received a CnS.

From the Announcements forum

The USPS site has been crapping out for the past several days, and, consequentially, there has been a hiccup in outgoing packages. At this time, we’re utilizing other methods of processing postage. Your orders will still be going out via USPS, but you may not receive a Click n’Ship notification.

Your order probably went out without a CnS. If you still want to email someone, the address on the website is answers (at) blackphoenixalchemylab (dot) com.

I just emailed the lab because along with my order, I got a second package with an Earth Ox, a Miller vs. California, 4 frimps and a postcard. Which is cool, but it's clearly someone else's order, so I wanted to bring it to their attention. I wonder if they'll take them back, or just let me keep them and send out new ones.

has anyone else been having problems with ordering? I have emailed customer service but I haven't gotten a reply.

I think they have changed their paypal policies?? I am so confused.

I also don't know which thread to put this in. I've written in the paypal thread, the CCNOW thread. I haven't gotten anyone to reply to my problem and I'm getting kind of frustrated.

ancilla, could you be a bit more specific? Exactly what kind of problems are you having with making orders?

The Lab hasn't changed their PayPal policy- the only change that is (relatively) recent is that PayPal has limited their comments field to 300 characters, so if you're making a huge order you have to email it to the Lab separately. But that's a PayPal policy, not a Lab policy, and it only affects you if you can't fit your order in 300 characters.

Edited by lilirose

this is what I sent to customer service a few seconds ago.

I've been having ordering problems. I sent an email a day or two ago about it as well. I tried to order about three time in the past two days and all my orders got cancelled.

The first order I placed and then went to pay with paypal but found that it would not let me pay via bank transfer.

It said I could only pay with my credit card through paypal, and I don't currently have a credit/debit card. I have never had this happen before, and I have been ordering from you guys for 4 years! I am also a verified paypal user.

After the first order got cancelled, I tried again, thinking I was either seeing things or maybe it was a glitch.

I ordered again and the same thing happened. I emailed you guys and didn't immediately get a response, which is okay because I know you guys are busy. I went on the forums to post about it and got no reply even though I posted in three different threads. I read the paypal thread and people were saying to just place an order and then go directly to paypal (not through CCNOW) and send payment to paypal@blackphoenixalchemylab.com so I did that. There was one other option other than credit card (though not bank transfer, again) and that was e-check. I read the FAQs on the lab site and it didn't say anything against using e-checks, so I sent an e-check for the amount I ordered and wrote in the notes the order I placed.

The order was cancelled, but my payment in paypal is still pending. I got an email from CCNOW saying that I could not use an e-check. I am so confused and a bit frustrated. I have never had this happen before! my paypal account is verified and is in good standing, and I have been using it for years. I am trying to order my mother some 5mls for her birthday, and I'm so afraid that I won't ever be able to order again because I don't own a credit card.

ETA: sorry, i realized I posted the email twice!

Edited by ancilla

It sounds to me like you need to be patient and give the Lab a chance to respond to your email. It can take them a few days, especially over weekends- if you first emailed them two days ago, that would have been Friday, so it's not at all surprising that they haven't had a chance to answer you yet.

I've never had a PayPal order cancelled without good reason (like accidentally paying in the wrong currency). I'm sure there's a good reason yours has been cancelled, too...but only the Lab can answer a question like this, and they generally don't respond on the forums to questions about specific orders.

It sounds to me like you need to be patient and give the Lab a chance to respond to your email. It can take them a few days, especially over weekends- if you first emailed them two days ago, that would have been Friday, so it's not at all surprising that they haven't had a chance to answer you yet.

I've never had a PayPal order cancelled without good reason (like accidentally paying in the wrong currency). I'm sure there's a good reason yours has been cancelled, too...but only the Lab can answer a question like this, and they generally don't respond on the forums to questions about specific orders.

Oh I know they don't respond on the forums, I was just trying to see if anyone else was having the same problem as me.

I understand the Lab doesn't reply immediately, and I'm not expecting them to. I hope I didn't come across as being upset with the Lab for not responding to me right away. I'm just a bit on edge because I wanted to get my mom's 5ml's in time and I'm really confused because I have never had a problem with ordering before and the whole paypal thing just doesn't make sense to me. I guess there's a first for everyone right? :lol:

Edited by ancilla

Wait, are you placing the order through PayPal or CCNow? If you're trying to use PayPal through CCNow, that double dings the Lab with charges...that might be why you're getting the errors and why orders get canceled. Are you going to paypal.com, logging in, and sending the payment to paypal@blackphoenixalchemylab.com?

ETA: Okay, I just read more carefully and saw that you were paying directly...I'm stumped! I hope this gets straightened out soon.

Edited by savage_rose

Wait, are you placing the order through PayPal or CCNow? If you're trying to use PayPal through CCNow, that double dings the Lab with charges...that might be why you're getting the errors and why orders get canceled. Are you going to paypal.com, logging in, and sending the payment to paypal@blackphoenixalchemylab.com?

ETA: Okay, I just read more carefully and saw that you were paying directly...I'm stumped! I hope this gets straightened out soon.

yeah me too. I t will be figured out soon though.

The charges haven't been reversed in my paypal though. We'll see what happens.

i want to ask - what's the best way to contact beth and thank her? i'm new to BPAL, and i want to thank her for creating such amazing perfumes, it's seriously improved my quality of life. i know that sounds NUTS, but i have depression and other health problems that have severely come to the forefront this year, and without BPAL to make me smile i don't know what would have happened. also, i just tried my newly acquired GRR imp for my headache, and it works! i need to thank her. but i don't know whether to e-mail, PM, twitter, what? i don't want to be inappropriate or annoying. ^-^

i want to ask - what's the best way to contact beth and thank her? i'm new to BPAL, and i want to thank her for creating such amazing perfumes, it's seriously improved my quality of life. i know that sounds NUTS, but i have depression and other health problems that have severely come to the forefront this year, and without BPAL to make me smile i don't know what would have happened. also, i just tried my newly acquired GRR imp for my headache, and it works! i need to thank her. but i don't know whether to e-mail, PM, twitter, what? i don't want to be inappropriate or annoying. ^-^

Based on my short time here, I would say use Twitter for a short, public TY and email for a long more personal TY. I'm not sure which email address you should use, but if you send it to the lab email I'm sure it could get forwarded to her.

Just checking to ask what kind of response time or response I might be expecting:

I ordered 3 bottles on Jan 31st, after paypal stopped sending them email addresses, but before they had warned us about that change here on the forum, so I knew I wouldn't get a Click-n-Ship or anything like that.

Today the package arrived but it contained 5 bottles, none of which are the ones I ordered - obviously someone else's dearly awaited order.

I wrote an email, but I don't think I've ever had an issue before, so I don't know how long it will take to correct the issue, what the response will be, etc.

I guess I'm also worried, since the paypal change, I included the paypal order number with the original information and order in my email, but they won't have my email on file for that order, so? I hope that won't matter?

Little bit fretful. There's no chance they could have run out of the Candle Moon and I just won't get mine because of the mix-up + delay, is there? (not so worried about the other bottles, just I know the Lunacies are only available for such a short period of time).

---------------

Edit: Got a reply the same day! Said they would have the new package out ASAP! Yeah! No mention of running out of Candle Moon or anything else my worried, fevered imagination was cooking up!

Edited by izile

this is new: i've been trying to contact the lab for a few days now to ask them a question about an oil but my email keeps getting bounced back with this message:

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

answers@blackphoenixalchemylab.com

Error Type: SMTP

Remote server (67.21.112.10) issued an error.

hMailServer sent: .

Remote server replied: 554 5.7.1 Mail (36283-03960) appears to be unsolicited - MessageScore (62) over limit (50) - send error reports to postmaster@blackphoenixalchemylab.com

so... the bpal e-mail server thinks my e-mail is spam? sorta funny, except i would really like to contact them. this has not happened to me in the past when i've contacted them with a very brief e-mail. so who do i e-mail when my e-mail keeps getting bounced back? :D

this is new: i've been trying to contact the lab for a few days now to ask them a question about an oil but my email keeps getting bounced back with this message:

Remote server replied: 554 5.7.1 Mail (36283-03960) appears to be unsolicited - MessageScore (62) over limit (50) - send error reports to postmaster@blackphoenixalchemylab.com

so... the bpal e-mail server thinks my e-mail is spam? sorta funny, except i would really like to contact them. this has not happened to me in the past when i've contacted them with a very brief e-mail. so who do i e-mail when my e-mail keeps getting bounced back? :D

It's possible that the Lab's e-mail service has a new spam filter that needs fine-tuning. If your e-mail is, say yahoo.com or gmail.com or similar, or if it goes through some kind of "bounce", the filter may define those as suspicious. My work e-mail has segregated virtually every e-mail I've received from one of my professional societies since last August because of the way they route their outgoing e-mails.

It's possible that the Lab's e-mail service has a new spam filter that needs fine-tuning. If your e-mail is, say yahoo.com or gmail.com or similar, or if it goes through some kind of "bounce", the filter may define those as suspicious. My work e-mail has segregated virtually every e-mail I've received from one of my professional societies since last August because of the way they route their outgoing e-mails.

nope, i run my own mail server. it's like ten feet away from me. but, yeah, we were thinking they must have recently upgraded their spam filter.