Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Bewitched

Deep, luscious green and berry scents that evoke images of woodland witchcraft and the raw power of nature: blackberry, sage, green tea, wild berries and dark musk.

In the vial, this smells strongly of tea, with an undercurrent of fresh green herbs.

On the skin, the berry notes burgeon, drowning out the tea, or perhaps morphing it into a fruit tea rather than a green tea.

It's a lovely foody/herbal scent.

In the bottle: the scent is warm but heavily floral, in all the worst ways. This is the moment that gives me cause to thank all these wonderful reviewers who said "but wait, it gets better!"; if not for that advice, I'm not sure I'd have really tried this on.

Wet: much the same -- there's not a hint of tea or sage or anything but almost sickening florals.

Drydown: this is where the magic begins. At some point, the florals have faded almost completely; they linger in the background, but the dominant scent is that delicious, ripe blackberry. Now and then I catch a hint of sage, which I would never have picked as a good blend with fruity scents, and oh is it a pleasure to be proven wrong. I barely smell the tea at all, and that's fine by me. The blackberry is good enough to eat.

As a happy side-note, this might be the one scent that my "it smells like my grandma" husband can actually enjoy. *g*

I got this imp in a swap.

In the imp, all I smell is green tea and sage with some sweetness underneath. This is suprising, since I expected a strong berry scent.

On my skin, it's suprisingly astringent and sweet at the same time. I can smell the berries, but the herbal sage-y tea smell is right behind it. I'm pleased that it's not as sweet a blend as I thought it might be. It's slightly medicinal, but not in a bad way.

As it dries, the smell remains the same, with an added dimension of muskiness. Not heavy murky musk, but a light musk that intensifies the the overlaying scents. This isn't a warm scent, but rather a cool one. I like it, and I think of it as a scent that would be good to wear in winter, though I'm not sure why. My favorite stage is when it's a couple of hours old, and there's a fresh, berried musk scent that lingers.

I'm definitely going to use up this imp, and I'll know after a couple more wearings whether I need a bottle or not.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by HoneyHoneyNY

I really like Bewitched. In the bottle I caught a faint trace of the "green" scent, but as soon as I put it on, it was all berries. Big, juicy berries and cream, and maybe a hint of musk deepening it. Even 4 hours later, I'm not picking up any green tea, and maybe just a tiny bit of sage. And it's worn off quite a bit too. Still, definately keeping my imp. :P Not sure it's an everday scent for me, but a great one for every now and then.

For me, Bewitched smelled much like Blood Kiss. Lots of sweet smells, to the point of cloying. Lots of berry, lots of foody sweetness, and way too much of it. I love sweet foody smells, unfortunately I found this over the top in some way, perhaps the berry was a bit too cough syrupy for me.

I'm apprehensive about this, as tea notes and sweet fruit notes don't get along with my skin's chemistry.

In imp: Cherry cough drops.

Wet, on skin: Dark, heavy sweet cherries. This smells pretty good.

Near drydown: Very astringent, almost makes my nose burn - is this the sage?

Middle drydown: Musk, soft, sweet berries, and hay - this is lovely.

Far drydown: Well, poop, here are the cherry cough drops again in all their mentholated glory. I guess Bewitched and I can't get along.

Edited by melrose

In the bottle:

Crisp and darkly woodsy (not woody - woodsy)

On me:

Ahhhh there's that berry. This is definitely a fruity scent, in that the berry is in the forefront of this. However, this is also a very woodsy scent, it definitely evokes images of a dark forest. It has that foresty feel to it, without smelling like pine or fir or something. It's that deep green smell that I think is from the sage and the green tea, but it's brigtened so much by this berry.

After a while it's more like berry tea, it's really refreshing!

Final notes:

This is a really enchanting scent. It's not SO fruity that I dislike it, I would actually wear this. Very pretty!

In the bottle: Sage, a hint of berry, and a hint of musk. I have to search for it though, it's not a potent scent.

First on: Blackberry on first whiff, but that quickly fades behind the sage and musk. It definitely does make me think of old covens meeting out in the woods in the moonlight.

Drydown: Fruit and musk. Interesting, but not for me. Nothing really sticks out, as the berries aren't overtly berry-like, and blend in with the musk on equal footing. I htink the musk is almost starting to turn on me as well.

I had high hopes for this one. Blackberries are abundant in WA, and I love their tangy sweet smell. Sage is a winner too, so how can this go wrong?

The way my skin morphs most scents straight to powder is how. This one is a bit powdery sweet, with tea and sage in the background. The berry wasn't as strong as I would have liked, either. It was more the mixed berry than the blackberry, too, which I was disappointed by. I also now know what people mean when they refer to the plastic-y smell, as this smelled 'doll like', and not in a good way.

A couple of hours into the wearing the blackberry poked out its head and said HI for a few minutes, but unfortunately this wasn't worth the wearing for me. After realizing that I wanted more berry (not red) smell, I layered it over some Body Shop blueberry body butter, and that turned it more into the peek-out berry that I enjoyed. However, I don't think that I liked it enough to hassle with it. Off to swaps!

Hmm.. this is much lighter and greener than I expected.

I smell a nice berry tea with a misty sage note. I'm afraid this is going to turn sour on me any minute, as some of these green scents do.

Actually, as it's drying, more of the blackberry pokes through, smiling winsomly. I like berries, and the green tea is a nice addition to the berry notes. I think I may grow to love bewitched in time.. though it's not an immediate favorite.

It's a good everyday scent.. i expect to pick this up often when I can't decide between my more decadent oils.

Wet and fresh smelling in the vial...I am very excited. I am wanting this to be like my "daytime" Bordello.

I wish that the green stayed longer than 2 seconds on my skin. Now there is blackberries. Yum. Definately see the dewberry connection.

It is funny...it must be the combination of herbs and black musk...but this smells on me like I have on Bordello, Yggdrasil, and a trace of Snake Oil.

The initial brightness is gone within minutes...I am left alone in the deepest part of the forrest, disoriented, covered in blackberry juice, and while the darkness is sinking in, I can hear chanting... :P

I had to try this twice because the first time it gave me a slight headache. I'm glad I did.

In the imp: It reminded me of a Christmas candle. Definitely green—evergreen and smokey with ripe purple berries.

Wet: The evergreen is prominent but the berries are pushing their way up.

Drydown: A drier, lighter scent--more berry now, not at all over-powering. Still reminds me of a candle, but not as much as before. Now it's wet, sugary berries with a lovely undercurrent of the tea which is coming out and keeps the berry smell from getting out of hand. It's lasting a good long time now, with no headache to be had.

I think it makes a wonderful fall/winter scent and I plan to use it often in the next couple months.

In the imp: A bit green, a bit sweet.

On, wet: Hmm. Green tea, mostly.

Later: Yup, tea and berries. It is nice, but I'll have to think about whether or not it's different enough from other fruity/tea scents in my collection already. It's awfully similar to Empyreal Mist, for instance.

Bewitched is all sage and berries out of the bottle. It's very herbal, incensy, and juicy fruity without being too sweet.

The dry down is a bit more perfumy, but still very lovely.

Overall I really love this one, but I'm still unsure if I'd wear it all the time.

What I wrote after the first wearing: This goes on sweetly berry and ends sweetly berry, but it has a wonky flowery perfume in the middle. So far, I haven't gotten much of the sage or tea, but I think I need to try it again and see what develops.

After wearing it a few more times, I'm quite liking it. It's not one of my favourites, but I do like the undertones that come up from beneath the standard berry. And it's definitely settled down - no more flowery bits.

This was one of the first imps I ever received (I ordered it in my first order, I think), and oh, how I wanted to love it, since I love the name and the idea of "woodland witchcraft."

But all I get from Bewitched is the berries, none of the green musk or darkness. It turns sweeter on my skin and reminds of the fake-berry-sweetness of those sticky Bonne Bell roll-on lip glosses I had as a teenager.

Alas. I haven't tried any other berry scents, so it's possible they just don't work on me. Off to someone with better skin.

In the bottle: Sweet, sweet fruit, with a bit of an aromatic underlayer. I assume that's the sage or maybe the musk.

Wet: Went soapy on me for about 30 seconds, then went back to the sweet berry scent, though not as tempered by the sage and musk as I'd hoped. This is sort of a less-sweet version of Lady Macbeth - so I like it better, it just doesn't grab me.

Drydown: Stayed pretty true to the later wet stage I mentioned above, though in the very later stages the berry faded a lot, and the sage was a bit more noticeable.

All in all, it smells nice, but it's just not for me. The blackberry scent I'm looking for is a ripe, sun-warmed summer blackberry, full and rich, and I just haven't found it yet.

Wow! In the imp, the first note is of green tea. I love green tea because it has a very clean, natural scent. The berries are there, but not overpowering. On the skin, the clean scent remains, and the note of blackberry is more evident. It's a very lovely scent that reminds me of summers picking blackberries at a friend's farm. :P

I accidentally forgot to hit post before I exited this forum, so I lost my review.

In all, I think this is a lovley nocturnal woodland scent with the touch of sweet berries. I do wish it was a bit stronger on me and persisted longer. If I let it go, it will probably be because my body and it do not work together to make it last longer!

Still, how pretty!

edit:

Sometime after I had tried this on, I detected a fairly strong afterscent. I figured perhaps my nose just was overstimulated by other things when I had first tried this one...

The secon sampling--WOW!!! I love the scent on me, my husband picked up on this immediately, and the soft hint of still whispering on my wrist this morning (12 hours after I put it on) makes this a complete keeper. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one.

I still noticed the nocturnal berry scent and there is a soft, underlying scent that is quite womanly. Very lovely.

Edited by niter

Bewitched

in vial: green tea and sage

wet: starting to smell the blackberry

dry: sweet musky blackberry...fades after 3 hours

verdict: I like this, but wished it lasted longer...will use the imp, but won't buy a big bottle

Bewitched - This is really nice actually, I didn't think I would like this one but it is quite fruity and fresh but its a creamy mild one instead of a having a sharp tang. This really reminds me of Hot Couture by Givenchy - This might have to be "yet" another 5ml!!

The imp just spat all over my hand, so I guess Bewitched wanted to be reviewed next. What an attitude!

In the bottle:

Hey, green berries. What a fun concept.

Wet:

Yup, those berries sure are green!

Dry down:

The green berries have put on fuzzy sweaters and are drinking sweet tea. This literally DANCES on my skin and I can’t help smiling.

At the end this is all lightly berried musk. I love this dark musk – it’s so smooth and silky. I must find more like Bewitched!!! It's definitely my favourite so far from my first ever order!

blackberry tea and oh so bright and sparkleeeeeeee~~~wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

deliciousness in a bottle....this warms up beautifully with my chemistry and turns

much more berri-ish as time goes on...long lasting and astounding.....i am really

in love with this blend......Big bottle of this sucker for sure!!!!! :P

In bottle: very herbal and purple-fruity. Umm, it actually smelled like pot and berries. Not kidding.

Wet: ha! strawberry starburst! amazing!

Dry: okay...now strawberry bubbalicious. Yes, they are very different smells to me. i seriously have no idea what to think about this one.