Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Bewitched

Deep, luscious green and berry scents that evoke images of woodland witchcraft and the raw power of nature: blackberry, sage, green tea, wild berries and dark musk.

I ordered 2 imps instead of 1 of Bewitched by mistake. And I'm glad I did because I really like it! :bunnyluv:

It's quite a morpher on me. In the imp it's an unpleasantly sharp, somewhat herbal smell (the sage, I guess). Which I can still smell in the background when wet, but after a few seconds it turns into the most gorgeous berry scent with a musky and sweet, almost vanillary undertone. Sexy in a sensual, not "in your face" way. Staying power is pretty good, when I put it on in the morning I can still smell it when I come home from work. I can see myself wearing this very often and after I've used up my imps I'll probably get a bottle.

I love this, especially in spring. Lush berries with a hint of something green. Makes me happy. :)

In the imp: Berries, sage, and some dark musk.

Wet: Berrrrrries! Lots of juicy berries. I am generally not fond of berry-dominant scents, so my nose is not adept enough to pinpoint whether I'm getting more of the blackberry note or the wildberry note (but if I had to guess, I would say it is the former). However, the berry scent is realistic (and not artificial smelling whatsoever), and the sage note is starting to peek out, which really evokes the image of picking berries in the forest. The musk and green tea notes start to emerge as the scent begins to dry.

Dry: Still berry dominant, followed by the sage. The other notes are lingering in the background.

Verdict: Although I'm usually not fond of berry-dominant scents, this one was a pleasant surprise. However, I don't feel like I need more of this.

This one is really lovely! A light berry scent, with a little bit of earthy herbs in the background. It fades somewhat quickly on me, but it still has decent throw. I think it will be nice in spring/summer.

Oh boy! I was gifted this by the roommate when it didn't work for her, and I'm rather glad it didn't!

In the imp: A bright, generic but pleasant berry scent.

On wet: The blackberry blooms here. It's the dark black-purple of crushed blackberries on your fingers. It's sweet but not too much so. It's also pretty sexy to me. I think it's the musk.

Dry: The sage and green tea form a strong base. Very warm, but not heavy. The blackberry is gently floating around, just adding a touch of sweetness. I catch it wafting up now and then. While I can't pick it out specifically there's something sensual here, it has to be that musk. It's an off the beaten path kind of sexy though. It's forest-y without any sort of woody or tree smell.

Overall: This is the first fruity blend I've truly enjoyed. I'm not sure yet if I need a bottle, but I'm certainly leaning that way.

Edited by roseus

Blackberry can be temperamental on me, but there's a malicious greenness to this scent that I like, probably the dark musk, and the sage and green tea is really lovely with this.

I liked the berry woods thing in Elf, so I've been looking forward to sampling this one.

Wand: Berries in the woods -- I get notes of blackberry, black currant, and assorted berries -- and a little green tea on the back end. A faint sage when I look for it.

Wet: Sage and dark berries outdoors with only a hint of green tea. A musk comes forward after a minute or so.

Dry: All elements have come together to make a lovely perfumed, dark berry tea.

I feel like I want to put on a lot more of this and go tea-tasting. This is a yes.

In bottle: blackberry and sage

On skin: I get that warm, herby, smoky sage for about a second, then mostly blackberry

Dry: A warm, tart, beautifully herb'd blackberry. It's so clean and smooth! I can definitely smell the tea in it as well...that tea note is so luscious. Never smelled the lab's green tea note until Green Tree Viper. This scent is definitely unique...I've worn the imp several times enough to warrant my want for a big bottle!

I thought I would like this as I usually love fruity, berry scents, but there's some note in here that turns very nasty on my skin. Like chemically burning plastic bad. It's just in the background, but it's enough to ruin this one for me, unfortunately.

Bewitched is one of those scents that changes as it ages, and changes ever so beautifully.

Bewitched when fresh is sweet, but not fake or cloying, think blackberries cooling in the dusk from a day spent ripening on sun lit vines. Feminine, utterly unique, not light hearted but definitely not dark. Never juvenile. The cool side of the pillow when you are insufferably overheated, from weather or illness.

Two and a half months later my bottle is an elegantly beguiling potion of sweet and bright, musk and clean; purple, green, mid afternoon sunshine becoming twilight.

Below is my first impression of Bewitched...

6 months aged, I opened my initial imp and instantly I was 10 years old, standing in front of my grandmothers heavy dark dresser, bathed in light from her huge patio doors and smelling the wonderful scent from a frosty white bottle of perfume that sat on her crystal vanity tray. I couldn’t stop smelling my hair and wrists all evening, trying to place this wonderful, clean yet deep, sunshine and clean linens but sparkly and sophisticated scent. It was White Linen. Not what the perfume is now…but what it used to be decades ago before the overly synthetic powdery mess marketed today. And please, don’t let this turn you off…my grandmother was a young, beautiful Southern Belle who eschewed all societal expectations. Now that the nostalgia has worn off, I can discern the berries and the sunlit leaves shadowing cooly mossed earth, and the softly billowing clean linens. Of course! Where else and how else would a beautiful, worldly yet hearth savvy, witchy woman spend her golden afternoons? Truly a magic potion and the wearer will certainly create her own atmosphere.

addendum: I would love to know why my initial reaction to Bewitched reminded me of my grandmothers White Linen, perhaps the cleanliness. Or perhaps Bewitched is perfect, like my grandmother.

I received this as a frimp. Initially this smells like a potpourri left out in my grandparents house and it stays there. Not for me defintely, and when i offered it to The Boyfriend he made a face and complained about how fruity it was.
Ill try it again, but if I dont like it Ill just rehome it to a friend.

Herby, backyardy goodness! Slightly morphs on my skin from a light green berry mixture to a darker, herbal party.

Awesome. Reminds me of a scene from a book "wise child" where an accused "witch" has a backyard full of herbs. Good times...

This is gorgeous. On my skin it smells like berries and... green? Not pine, but just the woods, huge trees and berries. Clean, too- not soapy at all. I'm definitely scooping up a bottle soon.

This is really pretty. Sweet, fresh blackberries over dry sage. There's definitely some green tea in there too but it's a background player. The blackberries are nice and juicy and even as the other notes turn drier they remain fresh. For some reason this is reminding me strongly of a forest on a cool day--it has a soft green quality to it despite the richness of the berries. It would also make an amazing tea! Drydown is a whisper-soft blackberry musk. Probably not a full bottle for me but this would be first on my list of recs for fruit lovers.

Berry and tea/sage/grass something in the bottle. Goes on as berry and fuzzy sage leaf. (honestly, Beth, how do you make something smell fuzzy?) As it dries, the sage and berry notes cycle, but it finishes as blackberry tea. This is much nicer than I thought it was going to be. No musk at all.

I blind bought a full size of Bewtiched, and I am not sorry at all. blueberry/sage was my go to summer scent way back in the day and this blackberry is pretty close. I have to agree the berries aren't as bold in the bottle as they are on the skin. This is fantastic. The musk balances with the sweetness of the berries and sageyness of the sage I especially love this one layered with Baba yaga

Wet: mostly sage with a sweet/sour berry note

on the skin: berries rush to the forefront while the musk sandwhiches the sage in there just right

dry: Still fabulously multilayered

fades: the sage and berry fade slowly but they seem to fade at a similar rate. if you aren't paying attention you go from a 3 layered smell to a faded rich musk

I will have to get a backup of this soon to see how it ages :wub3:

This one starts off wet as a very sweet berry tea scent. it's soft, sweet, and smells like a delicious cup of tea. AS it dries, though, it gets more herbal. The sage becomes much more evident as it dries. Sage is one of those notes that either plays really well or utterly ruins a scent for me. I'm relieved it's the former in this case.

Once fully dry it's mostly berries and sage, with a suggestion of tea. It kind of reminds me of berry pie filling before it's baked. It's nice, but I wish the tea stayed around and that it's a little more potent all around. It disappears in a little over an hour on me.

Wet: yep, berries, sage, and tea. Although, it's strange, it's sticking really close to my skin. I can hardly smell anything. These are all things I enjoy, so I figured I'd really enjoy this.

Dry: vaguely sweet berries with a hint of green in the background. Then my skin ate it up. I can hardly smell anything an hour later.

I wanted to try a green scent without going too far into masculine cologne territory, and this one sounded absolutely magical.

In the imp:
At first I thought . . . Maybe not so much? There was a heaviness to the scent I wasn't sure I could get behind. I think it's a combination of the blackberry and dark musk that initially made for kind of a boozy combination. That was my first impression, but subsequent revisits to the bottle have pretty much just smelled the same as it does on me (a good thing!).

On me, wet:
Once on my skin (the first time, but now I can smell this straight out of the bottle), the green tea made itself known and lightened things up quite deliciously. It made the fruit less cloyingly sweet and, at the same time, juicier. Berry is still the dominant note, but this is definitely where the scent started to grow on me.

On me, dry:
By the time it dried, I had concluded that this scent is amazing. It *sparkles* like dewy leaves and berries in the morning sun. The green tea and berry balance each other so well, the sage keeps things grounded, and the dark musk stays well back but still provides the sense of gravitas befitting of a proper witch.

Verdict:
I want a big bottle of this. I could see this becoming one of my signature scents.

(ETA:
I bought the big bottle and I am in love. I burned through my original imp very fast, and it's since become a regular purchase. A few years on, this actually is my signature/everyday scent. It's dreamy and wild, juicy and green, and exactly the magical scent I was hoping for. It strikes a great balance of having enough throw that people catch hints of it every now and then, but staying close enough to the skin that my scent-sensitive friends don't have any problems when I wear it. And it's a long-lasting scent that keeps me happily sniffing my wrist all day long. I can't get enough of it.)

Edited by Nikki Scarlet

Bewitched is my favourite BPAL scent ever. It lasts for ages, as I can smell it on my skin all day long. And it doesn't try to nothingness. I love how light and sweet it is, with that little underlay of tea. I am so glad I upgraded from my tiny (and beloved) imp to a full bottle last month!

Bewitched is more of a sweet and green herbal than a fruity scent. The berries are there, but they aren't the strongest part of that. It's mostly just green, clean, and sweet.

Overall I like it. I'm not sure if this is big bottle worthy for me, but this imp will get a lot of love.

For a reason i can't remember, this ended up in my "no go" pile. I'm retesting, given how my tastes have changed.

It's decidedly not easy to sniff out of an imp. What i get here is blackberry, sage, and dark musk. mmmm.

Wet on my skin, there's definitely sage and some sort of balsam/piney situation, with berries on top. The dark musk hasn't made an appearance yet, but I find musks normally show up later on me.

As it starts to dry, I'm getting some of that earthy green tea business. I like this so far. To me, it's very reminiscent of The Forest Reverie- there's a purple/red juiciness that lives harmoniously with more earthy, astringent notes.

Oh, yeah. Now I remember why this made it to the "nope" pile: the berry notes to totally room-spray on me, and it's all i can smell. That being said, i think this will make an absolutely lovely room scent and i will indeed keep it for that reason.

Fresh scent--the green tea and berries are predominant on me. The drydown is muted by the musk. A nice scent, not going to be one of my favorites, but no notes of death, so that's a plus. I will give this to a friend for testing.

The more I try this one, the more I love it. It’s got something very nostalgic in it that makes me think of my childhood. It’s one of the green notes, but I don’t know what it is. The berry is light, just enough to balance the green. Very lovely.

Unisex, spring, green, growing.

ETA 1/24/18: I got 4 (yes, 4) frimps of this from the Lab when I went this past weekend and all four smell different. The first one smelled really sweet violet/purple berry-ish and I was like 'why did I ever like this?!' The other three are more like I thought I'd remembered: green and alive. Still, I don't love any of them as much as I did the first time I tried it in 2015.

Where I'd wear this: A family outing outside, warm spring

Edited by gloame

I wanted to love Bewitched because I want all the blackberry. It's sweet berry and green tea on wet, and then the sweet dark musk begins to emerge as it dries. I never get much sage. But my skin eats this one up within an hour (as often happens with tea blends, tragically). It's a gorgeous skin scent for a little while and then, poof, gone.

Edited by Lucchesa