Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Bewitched

Deep, luscious green and berry scents that evoke images of woodland witchcraft and the raw power of nature: blackberry, sage, green tea, wild berries and dark musk.

I didn't really get berries out of this one, unfortunately. On my skin it turned into a pure, light musk. The greenness and the berry that I could smell in the vial touched me and went "see ya!"

It's nice, but probably much better on others. On me, just musk. :P

When wet, I thought I could smell pine, musk and berries. There is no pine in this blend, so it may be the sage I was noticing. This is surprisingly ladylike: a wild tea-party in the woods with fair folk. It is mostly berry as it dries down, but I love that note. I catch wafts of sage from time to time. This final stage last a long time.

Wet, my initial thought was, "Christmas trees dipped in candy, lounging around in the summer months." I know, it was weird.

The front notes are definitely the berries, but they are not at all overwhelming. The sage and the dark musk are making me think Christmas trees. Bewtiched, though, is a rather light scent. It's for springtime, not winter. The green tea really polishes off this blend.

I really enjoy Bewitched and I rather think of it as a seasonless blend, although I mentioned it was more springtime. I think no matter what season you wear it, you'll be able to find a note in there that compliments the season. I just happen to being wearing it in springtime :P

This was one the first few ones I tried. I was really hopeful for Glasgow, because I love blackberries, but this is so much better!

In the bottle, its very berry like and just yummy. I'm not allowed to lick my imp right?

At first on me it seems very confused like it cant decide what note it wants to throw at me first. In the wetter stages I can smell the sage a little. I'm amazed because sage to me is just yucky - but we're talking sage stuffing here heh!

At it dries it gets lovely and fruity and berry like, and those juicy ripe blackberries hit me. I am Bewitched!

It does have a really long lasting power on me as well, and it doesn't go at all powdery on me - it just smells gourgeous all day!

Edited: After reviewing Strawberry moon, I figured out what I love so much about Bewitched. The sage. What on earth? There is a lovely fruity blackberry to this scent, but its the sage - it seems to add to, and amplify whats already there - the same with Strawberry Moon actually. Whilst other Blackberry scents I've tried seem slightly more truer to what I'd call Blackberry, Bewitched is just perfect.

I bought a 5ml bottle of this because, 5ml are good. And decided to attempt to dilute my imp - which I did - with cheap vodka. That however does seem to highlight the musk in this blend - I can't wear musk, it smells like urine on me. So I'll stick to undiluted :P

Edited by Nutterfly

I decided to trial Lady Macbeth on one arm and Bewitched on the other. Just two random selections from the stash of imps on my table.

At first from the vial I thought I was going to go into some sort of Carmen Miranda-induced tutti frutti overdose.

Then on my skin, from Bewitched ... NOTHING. Zero. Zip. Nada. Had to plaster my nose to my wrist to smell anything at all.

Then, slowly, ever so slowly and softly ... powder. That's IT? Powder? Lady Macbeth is giving all it has in the name of fruit and Bewitched is giving me ... powder.

But lo and behold - Bewitched gets STRONGER as it stays on. (How does that happen?) Now, 5 hours into the drydown, Bewitched smells subtly of fruits, powder, musk and green tea.

Very pretty.

Bewitched

Ordered September 22.

Preconceived notions: This sounds like a lovely herbal, witchy blend.

In the vial:

Yes, this is very light, green, berry, and earthy. About what I expected.

On me:

This is definitely a very herbal berry scent, with the musk adding a little smoky depth to it. On me, dark musk usually softens a scent, and it does so here, very nicely. As I think someone else wrote this is a “soft, dark, berry” brew.

In 10 minutes: This is a lighter, greener, earthier Haunted. It is also somewhat sweeter now than it was originally.

In 1 hour 30 minutes: It’s gone.

Overall: I could see using this on days when I feel like an herbal blend or when doing kitchen witchery.

In the bottle : Uh oh, cough syrup... ummm Robitussin I think?

Wet : Oh my! Juicy, ripe, rich berries... If I were to take a handful of berries, smush them in my hands and let the juice trickle down my arms THATS what this would smell like!

Drydown : Same rich berry smell, just a bit lighter and with a hint of green thrown in.

This has amazing staying power and just the right amount of throw, I can't wait for the late spring/early summer.. this will be the perfect scent for that :P

Wet it's green tea, sage and a touch of berries and blackberry.

Nice and fresh fruity scent with a touch of green.

Dry the fruits go stronger, but it's still balanced.

A good summer perfume, IMO.

First impression: Green grass and apples? With a floral touch. Hmm, maybe the apples are actually the berries. Berries usually dissappear on my skin.

A few minutes later: The grass is gone, :P but maybe a hint of spice has come to join it. Later, a perfume-y, floral note is entering

A couple hours later: much stronger floral, perfume scent. The "apple" is more of a background scent. A bit of muskiness underneath it all has come out. This is nice... but... by comparison to some other bpal blends, this seems to be simply ordinary.

I'll try it again in a week and see what my body chemistry has to say then. 'cause other things have been off on me in the last 36 hours.

In the bottle: Yummy berries and a bit of green tea.

Wet: God this is so good. The berries and the tea and sage are perfectly balanced. They don't even smell like they are blended together. More like a cup of green tea sitting next to a bowl full of juicy ripe summer berries.

Dry down: At first this is so fresh that it was like there was no musk at all, but eventually it comes up and just enriches the berries and the greeness with out smelling musky. I wouldn't have minded a stronger musk note at all, but this is nice. After about four or five hours the green notes kind of fade away leaving a nice juicy berry smell.

I'm loving bewitched, especially since the weather has been warm. It's a gorgeous summery scent. I will definatly think about getting a bottle of this. :P

Bewitched smells to me like a very natural, organic blackberry jam. Wet, sugary berries, but none of that synthetic stuff -- I can see the maker of this jam squishing the actual berries, seeds and all, with her own hands.

The combination of this wet, almost watery, sweet jam scent with the very distinct green tea note and the herbs makes this a very cold scent for me. Almost steely.

Unfortunately, it gives me a headache. Something about the coldness makes it hard for me to tolerate the sweetness. I need my sweetness with a little bit of spice.

Bewitched

in the bottle: pine! Not pine-sol pine but fresh tree pine.. with a sage slant. My nose says pine first though. There is a semi sweet undertone... let’s try this

wet: pine/sage (must talk to my nose about this later) is about all I get. If I keep sniffing, I pick up a *hint* of musk but it is definitely not overwhelming (I avoid heavy musks). Hmm. Where are those berries?

drying/4 minutes: Ooo! More like berry sage tea now. Rather nice, although it reminds me of some soap I once had (not soapy just association here).

dry/30 minutes: The sage is really taking a backseat here (and my nose is no longer insisting about calling it ‘pine’), with the musky berry tea scent more in the front. However, no one note is screaming at me. The blend is quite nice! I can see wearing this all day quite happily.

~Bewitched~

In the bottle

sharp herbiness, blackberry musk

On

This smells of blackberries and lilacs(?) primarily now. It’s a sweetish scent and the blackberry does not fade nor turn bitter as some do. It’s a fabulous scent. Not too sweet, not too anything, except good. The sweetness of the ripe blackberry combined with the astringency of the green tea and herby sage balances this blend out perfectly.

Summary

Just think blackberries. The good kind. The perfectly ripe kind.

The kind of blackberries that smell like you picked some just ripe, crushed them, add some nutmeg, some brown sugar, a splash of Brandy and then did a sauce reduction of that.

As you smell this a gentle breeze brings the scent of Irises growing under the kitchen window. That's the smell of this blend on my skin in a nutshell.

Would purchase again?

Yes. I've purchased an imp, then a 5ml then a 10ml.

Star rating 1-5 (5 bring the best)

The smell in the bottle, you almost expect it to be purple or blue, from all the notes of berries. Like a puree that needs now to be poured on cream.

On the skin, wet it is still that sweeeeeeet berry note. But then it dries, and matures to a fantastic herbal balance. I almost get soapy, like the sun-ripened raspberry stuff at bbw.

This will be fun to wear in the summer and to the movie, Bewitched.

Edited by SoapyRN

To me this smelt of very sweet, dark berry flavoured jelly sweets. Stopping it from becoming too sweet is something green, I suspect that this is the sage and/or green tea, but to me it actually reminds me of the scent of currant leaves, which in turn reminds me of hot summer/early autumn days, with my hands sticky from picking and my muscles stiff from crouching in wierd positions to get at the ripe fruit. All in all this is a feel good scent to me, the scent stayed true to what it was in the bottle until it faded slowly to leave a slightly jammy blackberry tinge, before disappearing entirely about 5 hours after application.

This smells like a more earthbound Empyreal Mist. I suppose they could be part of the same forest- Empyreal Mist is the gentle, pale, slightly dewy air above the treetops, and Bewitched the ground view, with the same air, but add a breath of berries and something very slightly earthy.

The blackberry becomes more prominent as it wears on the skin, so if you are a fan, this is the blend for you.

Pleasant, but not bottle-worthy, especially since I already have a bottle of Empyreal Mist.

On me, it is mainly blackberry and musk. I cannot clearly detect sage - but isn't sage a bit musky ? - and other berries. No green tea.

I get the same juicy sweet and tart feeling I get from Dorian. Though very sweet, to me it's not at all Lush creamy candy; it's much more in the area of Blackberry Bomb, which I love, even if not so incensey - dry.

As already said, it's berries covered forest floor flecked by late summer sun; homemade berry jam (I don'like jam, especially when home made; but things I would never eat such as white chocolate seem to smell great on me). It reminds me of the cherry syrup my mother used to brew with cherry leaves and red wine: very berrilicious, purple red, an underlying green leaves feeling. Something Arwen could wear in Rivendell.

Good staying power and very good wafting power too.

This scent is so yummy!!! It starts out with blackberry and green tea as soon as you open the bottle. When it's put on, the berries become stronger and just hold on while the sage, musk come in.

Wonderful scent!

This is surprisingly subtle on me. Deep berry and tea, this is lovely. Sensual without being too musky.

Bewitched is nice -- it's mostly what my nose recognizes as the "standard BPAL berry" mix, and something deeper and darker.

Once on my skin, it's all warm, sweet berries -- atop something that smells pickled. Alas, damn skin, I dislike thee muchly.

I smell like a Ludens cough drop. 'nuff said.

:P

edited to add that while I don't like this scent, I really appreciate the chance to find out what I do like!

Oro

Edited by Orodemniades

This is another one of those BPAL blends that I thought I would absolutely love, only to find out that it is very 'eh' on me. Unfortunately, this is all musk on me rather than berries. It has a sort of throat closing perfumey quality. I get about 5 minutes where it smells like blue raspberry popsicles, then it's all musk after that.

Strangely, this blend didn't last very long on me either. After about a half hour I was sniffing my wrist and trying in vain to detect any lingering remnant of the oil.

I don't like this fake/bitter perfume note that dominates from this blend, sorry to say. I'll definitely be sticking with Glasgow as my signature berry scent, it smells more like true berries mixed with sweet floral and green to me :P

This was part of the 'clearing out the regular catalogue wishlist' :P

When this first hits my skin, I can smell herbs, mostly, with a touch of fruit. After about half an hour or so, the scent morphs into a more straightforward berry scent, which I like as well, but not as much as the first stage. This berry note has a similar smell to the one in Bordello, but without the heady amaretto. Overall, this is a nice fruity scent, without being to bubblegum-esque.

In the bottle: Almost kind of medicinal...granted the smoothest and most captivating medicinal scent ever.

Wet: Sweet. So sweet and yet autumnal smelling to me...Like eating cookies in a withering garden where all the leaves have turned, yet you glimpse a lone flower blooming happilly incongruent.

Drydown: Warm and punctuated with the crisp sweetness of blackberry. A very clean inviting smell.

ADDED 12/17/07:

Just have to say...Bewitched is my HG scent...mkay, maybe tied with White Rabbit, but seriousssss! I love this one...pherimone berries, nuzzled in thorny brambles and a bit of moss.

Review Bewitched

Bottle (Imp): Hmmm, something fruity and citrusy? Maybe it's just berries and green-ness. I can't tell.

Just On: I still smell citrus, but not the fruit itself. The peel. Maybe grapefruit peel? More citrus than other fruit. Some herby goodness in there.

An hour or two later: I can still smell the fruit peel, though I can't tell which one it is, lemon or grapefruit. There's some berry scent with it, but that's it. Still a bit of green.

Around 6 hours: It's almost gone, which shouldn't be a surprise, since citrus tends to go away fast. I wish the sweet berry scent I thought I smelled was still here. The herb scent ran away.

12 hours: Yep, totally gone. A very pleasant scent, and one I could see wearing when I'm looking for a bit of a lift.

Overall: I wish it lasted longer, but it was nice while it did, and I can see using it.

After reading other reviews: I don't get nearly the berry that others seem to be getting. I get much more citrus peel (which in and of itself is not a bad thing). At least I wasn't the *only* person to get something citrus out of this. Apparently my skin eats berries and doesn't let them smell pretty for long. The greenness faded quite a bit earlier than the rest. I like it, but can't say I love it.