Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Bewitched

Deep, luscious green and berry scents that evoke images of woodland witchcraft and the raw power of nature: blackberry, sage, green tea, wild berries and dark musk.

Imp: Berries. Def. blackberry, this might end in tears. Also getting a soft sage (smells like turkey!) and green tea. Furry quality--must be the musk.

Wet: Strong berry/tea blend. Reminds of what would happen if, say, Baneberry and Shaghai had an illicit affair. Very strong at this point. I'm in a cloud of Bewitched.

Dry: It's pretty. Definitely shares a fruit note with Baneberry. It's a little nondescript on my skin and I think that's because it falls into the herbal fruit and savoury tea categories and I already have those covered by other scents. Probably this is just a victim of coming along long after I started collecting. The blackberry has been clobbered into submission by the other fruits and that's the top note with the tea and sage mingling in the background. The musk is barely sniffable but it's there. It gives this a bit of depth and also, because musk LOOOOVES my skin, it gives it a pretty good wearlength.

Throw: Moderate. It's not skin close but it's also not overtly strong. It smells very natural--sort of like being out in the forest doing spritely magical things.

Overall: I like it. I might use the imp but I just as likely might pass it along. It reminds me a LOT of Baneberry and I have a 10ml of that. Definitely a great herbal blend for people who want to expand their horizons but tend towards sweeter/fruitier scents.

In the bottle: a lot of musk and sage and almost NO berries! very strange. it's almost masculine, but for the slightest hint of blackberries in the background. very bold, and I think "woodland witchcraft" evokes the mood of this scent quite well.

On my skin: o hai almost entirely different perfume! it's green and sage, perhaps a bit woody, which turns into a thick dark blackberry jam shortly thereafter. it's not at all sweet, which keeps it mysterious. then turns to almost all sage, but with a hint of green tea. the musk outstrips everything else for the duration of wearing though. it's not as awful as other musks on me, but doesn't suit.

Last thoughts: final verdict is that it's berries and tea, with a heavy dose of musk. an intriguing scent, very dark/deep and mysterious, with almost no sweetness.

This is berries and damp leaves at first, a gorgeous, dewy forest sort of scent. The tea and sage bloom balance the sweetness of the berries perfectly, keeping it wild instead of fruity. Over time, the berries almost overwhelm the greenness, but never quite. Yum.

A forest berry scent. Berries, musk, and a small greenness. This scent doesn't stick around too much on me and fades really quickly. It's really comforting while it lasts though!

Bewitched is an interesting blend on my skin. I smell berries, green tea, and musk. The musk comes out more strongly on the drydown, but I can still smell the other notes. It's pretty, but I'm not sure it's for me.

Berries with something green, like berries on a bush. Bright, but not without a hint of something darker lurking. I'm assuming that's the musk. This is surprisingly lovely, especially for summer.

In the imp: Sweet, almost sickeningly so. It reminds me a lot of Bordello, which worries me because that went straight up cloying on my skin.

Wet: Something is going plastic in this. The berries are sickeningly sweet and there's something burning my nose. Oddly enough, in the crook of my arm rather than on my wrist, it's almost straight up sage. If my wrist smelled like my arm crook, I'd like this much better.

Dry down: The plastic sticks around on my wrists. But the crook of my arm smells gorgeous, like an herbal forest floor awash in ripe blackberries. Medium throw overall.

I can't say I hate this, but I can't say I love it, either. It's very meh with my skin chemistry. I'm just not a big fan of fruity blends.

In the vial: Dark, and a bit herbal, with a berry chaser. It's an organic scent, but refined--very much a perfume.

On me: The fruitiness expands when it hits the skin, and for a little while this comes together perfectly, each note fleshed out but the sum beautifully melded and balanced. It'd a dark, woodsy, rich berry scent--the greenery adds shade and depth instead of sharpness, and there's no medicinal herbiness; the musk adds depth, too, tempering the berry so that it doesn't go candy-sweet. And that berry juicy red berry is bold and beautiful beneath its shades. The scent is full-bodied but not cloying, instead achieving its depth via darkness. Unfortunately, as it wears the berry continues to amp, ending up a little too strong with just a touch of that back of the throat sugar-sharpness. Instead of dark woodsy rich berry this becomes berry with a hint of woods, and more's the pity. Scent-color is a smokey red with a green shift; throw is strong without being overpowering, and wear-length is impressive: the scent lasts twelve hours easy, and whiffs of it lingers even longer.

Verdict: It's almost a pity that goes through a perfectly balanced stage before the berry gets too loud, because that balance is divine--powerful but not cloying, unique, vivid, shadowed, and gorgeous. So while Bewitched's final stage is decent and I applaud its impressive longevity, it's a disappointment by comparison. The vivid berry hidden in the briars of the wood is a jewel of a scent; berry with a touch of darkness is too familiar, and not nearly as desirable. I like it well enough, but not half as much as I like what this scent could be and what it briefly is; all said, no, I don't need it.

In the imp: Sweet, juicy berries. But there is something dark behind it.

Wet: Way more green and woodsy, but still has the lovely berry goodness.

Dry: *Sighs* I'm deeply in love with this. Forest berries and sage, with the tiniest bit of green tea. I love anything with berries, and this is no exception. I need a bottle of this.

In the Imp: A little reminiscent of Cheshire Cat. The berries and musk are familiar, though where Cheshire is more dramatic, Bewitched is bright and adds more herbs into the mix. The sage is very fresh and inviting.

Wet: Definitely a very "green" berry mix. I almost get more of a grass feeling over the berries, but they're there. Sadly they're also more candy-ish than realistic to me.

Dry: The tea is nice. It's still predominant and strong, almost in your face, but not unpleasant. Overall, this still seems a little childish and playful versus being realistic. It's also very faint on me, not even fifteen minutes later.

Overall A fun scent, but not really me. Innocent and energetic. I'm not a big fan of candied fruit, and that's pretty much what it turned out to be, plus the tea and sage.

Edited by Balame

BPAL introduced me to blackberry notes and I'm so glad because it's not something I wouldve thought to try!

I think the best thing about this scent was the staying power. It lasted ALL day and didnt change too much from the first hour. Didnt turn powdery when dry, just stayed fruity yet grounded because of the sage & dark musk. I seem to love any scents with tea notes and that must be the part that gives this a clean crisp kick.

Added to my favourites for sure!

I received an imp of Bewitched from fellow forumite SpaceKitty. I CANNOT stop sniffing my arm. :lol: It is all berrydeliciousness if there ever was a word.

I did smell the sage when it was wet, but once it dries down it is all berry on me and I love it. Sort of reminds of the old Bath and Body works shower gels, lotions and sprays that were all raspberry this and blackberry that in the 90's.

Not sure about throw yet. I think it's minimal. It's a happy fragrance, quite pretty and I will enjoy my imp immensely, but I'm not sure I see a big bottle in my future. We shall see how truly bewitching this blend is as I continue to play around with my imp. :D

This is perfection. It has a woodsy berry scent to it, very true to the description. It's is so pretty, I'm smitten!

Edited by JunkieCosmonaut

The musk and berries stand out the most, combined into a sort of "berry candy" note. I don't get much sage or tea, which is a pity, as I think a bit of slightly bitter-aromatic greenness would help balance the sweetness. Still, it's reasonably pleasant. I may try layering it with something a bit brisker.

YUM!! Not getting any tea, but I am getting the berries and sage and woodlands. Not sweet but not tart on me - just balanced and lovely!

Oh, wait..here's the tea - and maybe some cream? or maybe it's the musk I'm smelling - and it's even lovelier. I really like this - thinking bottle.

p.s. What is it with me and scents starting with B? So far my bottle list for GC's is Bensiabel, Baobhan Sith, and probably Bewitched!

This is a yummy berry scent and I like it a lot but it probably won't be one I wear enough to justify a bottle. I may get another imp when I finish this one though :)

This was one of the two bottles I bought unsniffed when I ordered from the site for the first time, unlearned as I was in the ways of Buy The Imp First!!, the other being Lightning. I am so ashamed to say this because I drink tea like it's my job, but I cannot smell the green tea in this at all. Best Friend says I smell like green tea when I wear it, though, so I'll take her word for it!

In the bottle: Berries! Sage! Woods! ...Something else. What IS that? Is that what dark musk is supposed to smell like? I can't tell musks apart at all. I don't smell any green tea, though, which saddens me.

On me, wet: HMMMMMMM. I think this might be one of those oils like Cordelia that has to go through a stage where it gets kind of angry with me before mellowing out. There's something in here that's...is that the dark musk? I have no idea what that's supposed to smell like. Is it sage? It smells REALLY weird on me, and I only got a whiff of it in the bottle, like a...strong skin odor, but not BO, just skin? I literally cannot decide whether I can't stand it or find it really sexy. I definitely smell the sage now, and I like it with the berries.

On me, dry: The really weird note has knocked all the other parts unconscious, stolen their wallets, and usurped their legal identities. Best Friend likes it, but I don't think it works on me at all, I just smell really strongly of that maybe-skin maybe-not note and like maybe some blackberries. I'm going to have to get a second opinion on this.

Finally starting to go through some of my imps!

In the vial: Smells like a very generic bpal scent with a touch of fruit, hard to tell what it's gonna smell like on. (IMO, many smell the same before they're put on)

Wet: Slightly herbal and woody with sweet juicy berries.

Drydown: The tea is gone it it's now very sweet crisp berries with just a touch of green/woods underneath. If you're wanting the woodsy/green notes to be prominent, this probably isn't for you.

Overall, very nice. I don't tend to go for fruity scents, especially "berry" ones, but this is really lovely and I can see myself reaching for it when I want a day off from my typical sweet resin oils.

now that I think about it, ---and not that it smells exactly like it---- but, this kind of smells reminiscent to how a berry tums tastes. haha.

This is mostly tea, sage and berries on me. It's a little sweet and perfumey - it's nice but it doesn't stand out to me. I think I prefer Glasgow as my blackberry blend :smile:

In imp: a bright white almost-floral scent (maybe the sage, mixed with the other notes) with strong, juicy berries.

Wet on skin: the sweet, full-on fruity berries are syrupy sweet, and I can't seem to get any of that nice floral quality I smelled while in the imp. Throw is faint. There is a slight powderiness to this blend as well, not too unpleasant--it helps keep the berries from being overwhelming.

Dry: a straight up sweet, syrupy berry, almost going into the jam/jelly territory. There's a streak of coolness, almost minty, but refreshing against the strong berry note. The powder is gone. Actually, this is almost all berry, all the time--I'm not getting anything else. Young and vibrant scent.

Verdict: definitely a bit too fruity even for my BPAL-newbie self. My notes say "almost single-note berry?" even though I obviously didn't have any experience with single notes, haha.

In the bottle: sharp and fruity, slightly alcoholic, very perfume-ey.

on skin: mellows out a lot- warm, fruity, but with a dark edge to it. Doesn't blow me away, but it's pleasant.

Final verdict: 3.5

In Bottle: Definitely smelling the sage and a little bit of the berries. It's sweet and kind of refreshing.

On Skin: Now I'm mostly getting the berry notes, but I also smell a bit of mint strangely enough. Or maybe that's the green tea. Either way, it smells really nice.

Dry-Down: It's starting to remind me of a blackberry-vanilla perfume I have from Bath and Body works, but with a bit of the sage note coming back.

This was another sample from my friend captnklaus. I think it's one of my favorites of the ones she gave me. This is definitely another keeper, and one that I may eventually get a bottle of.

In imp: Sage and sweet berries. I caught a whiff of the dark musk, too.

On skin: Blackberries and musk, primarily, still with a leafy undertone. I smell like a delicious tea blend...or a neglected garden in late summer, where the blackberries have taken over.

Verdict: I enjoy this scent. It's oddly comforting, probably because as a kid I lived in a house with a greenbelt behind the back yard, which was overrun with blackberries. I owe a lot of how I am today to that narrow strip of foliage. :) Definitely keeping. Maybe I'll buy a full bottle when this imp runs out.

Wow, I'm amazed I haven't done a review of this! I love this scent, and comes very close to my "Top 10" and hold back on buying a 5mL because I have Berry Moon and they're similar. Still different, but similar.

Bewitched smells just like a woods walk that's full of ripe berry bushes. I smell black berries, raspberries, blueberries, and the soft woodsy-ness of the trees and plants around you. It's soft, but wears well and keeps time on my skin for at least 5+ hours. I do have to make sure I haven't been shy of it when applying though, or it does fade faster.

This gets a 5/5 from me!!

Back when I first started getting into Bpal, berry blends were a big thing for me. Now, not so much, but I still have my fave, Australian Copperhead, and do enjoy a well blended berry. This one fits the bill rather nicely. Juicy blackberry, no cat pee here, along with a bit of musk and sage. This is sophisticated and elegant for a berry blend, and seems far to nice to be a gc. There's a slight similarity to Hellion, and A Couple Consulting an Enpon, though the fruit is different, and Couple has more mintiness. I really like this, and will most likely use up the imp, though nothing can replace AC for an amazing berry blend.