Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Bewitched

Deep, luscious green and berry scents that evoke images of woodland witchcraft and the raw power of nature: blackberry, sage, green tea, wild berries and dark musk.

Sometimes, fruity scents do this thing where they go all fakey and I feel like I'm wearing a little girl's glittery body mist or something. Not Bewitched. This is gorgeous. Fresh blackberries and the greenery surrounding them. Reminds me of late summer in the woods and fields where I grew up. A definite spring/summer blend for me. But it stays fresh and true, and it's just lovely. No fakey grossness here.

Wet: It's a really fresh herbal berry scent. Almost as though one is up on the mountain in the summer picking berries to bring home for dessert. The thyme and sage are definitely right at the top, its quite sharp but lovely.

Dry Down: I start to get a tingly feeling, almost as though I need to sneeze when I sniff the scent after about five minutes and it begins to smell slightly floral which would explain the need to sneeze but then the berries become a little more pronounced but not super sweet, more like just before they ripen and the tickley feeling disappears. I really like the freshness of this blend, it seems like more of a spring/summer scent because of the freshness but it is very nice. Later on in the dry down the berry becomes more pronounced but still remains a little sharp. It's nice.

In imp: Strong herbal scent - definitely sage, and maybe pine, even though it's not listed - with blackberries evident in the background. Very unusual, but pleasant.

On skin: The herbal notes gradually fade to reveal a really nice sweet blackberry. Lasts only an hour or so on me.

This is a very pretty scent - definitely a "purple" kind of scent. I'm not sure if I'll buy more, but I'll definitely be using up my imp!

Not bad. Mostly sweet berry and a hint of greenery. I'm not getting much musk out of this blend. This isn't something I'd wear frequently, but I'll keep the imp.

In the vial: morning dew and something citrusy, also fresh cut tomato

Wet: lemon and orange, cherry, sticky scent

Dry: peachy and plummy

Verdict: weird morphing, okay but I think Vice is better

A collection of herbs and a hint of berry. The musk ties it all together. Not a lot of throw, but pleasant.

It's herbal and green at first whiff, which isn't bad. Once on the skin and it dries the berries pop out a bit with, as most people have stated, with something sharp. It does calm down after a bit of warming from the skin from the musk. And it doesn't have a lot of staying power. If it wasn't on my skin, it might smell a lot better. It doesn't do a lot for me. A pleasant summer evening scent though.

This one is very delicate and faint on me. However I tried on Paris before it, so the lotus could be obstructing my ability to get a good solid sniff. Faint berries, green organic, not dried concentrated or syrupy.

I was unsure of this one because of the greenery. I should have tried it much sooner, as it is just lovely. Very light, soft, and springy. I definitely get the blackberry, surrounded by the lush greenery of forest brambles. It really does reminds me of a nice mild summer day spent on the edges of the forest in the prickly blackberry bushes eating berries until our tummies hurt. I think the musk and tea form a wonderful base. Altogether really soft and not too sweet, which makes it perfect for warm-weather-wear.

I’ve had a couple of imps of this to sample for quite a while, but it wasn’t high on the priority list until someone on LJ (um, the person above? LOL) gushed about it and mentioned the notes. I then realized that this was right up my alley and went to dig up one of my forgotten imps to test it. Wow. Wonderful berry tea scent, sort of a dark cousin to Berry Moon. Reminds me a bit of Candles Moon without the wax.

If you like berries, you will LOVE this scent. Medium throw, lasts a few hours. Bottle for sure in the future!

Bewitched

Yum! I'm a berry fan, and I like this. It was a frimp, and since it smelled good I tested it without knowing the notes. I wrote down "raspberries and tea" and was pleasantly surprised to see that it does indeed have tea in it. I'm getting better at this! :lol: The musk is coming out a bit more now, and I really like this overall. Tart, yet deep/dark. Mmmm... this may end up on the bottle list, but I want to drink it!!!

I was afraid it would go vinegary or something but it went the side of super sweet blackberry jam or sauce. Not very herby or woodsy on me. Damn I'm hungry now, exactly why I don't go in much for foody scents. On second thoughts I might try layering it with something at some point to make it more complex and less foody.

A frimp from the Lab! Which makes me happy because this was on my wishlist, I love it when the Lab frimps me items either from my wishlist or from my favourites (who doesn't?). Although berries don't always work for me, the less sweet, wilder berries like blackberry and raspberry do, so that's what I'm hoping for here. Plus, I love sage, musk and green tea, so I think we're off to a good start.

In the imp - positively delightful! Wild woodland, sage, musk and a faint whiff of berries.

On wet - much sweeter now, definite berries, only mild sage and beautiful green tea. I think this is already becoming a favourite.

Drydown - this stays very close to the skin, it's barely there. I usually prefer oils with a bit more throw but this scent is so pleasant - wildberry musky, with that hint of sage, and a littlebit of tea - that I'm going to keep it for occasions when I want an oil with slightly less throw than usual :)

Edited by voorishsign

I am thinking of making this my signature scent! I really love it and luckily got a double as frimp with my first order! Just ordered a 5 ml bottle of it! I have so many scents to try but this was is definitely a keeper for the long term!

imp: mmm, sage (and tea I think). Very cooling. Can't smell a single fruit!

wet: A sage so fresh it makes my nose and throat tingle! This feels different than the sage in Aeval (my favorite BPAL scent so far) and Bess, I suppose since there isn't a floral in Bewitched. After a little while I can make out the sweet berries, which get sweeter as it dries down.

Dry: sweet (not super-fruity though) but cool, herbal and refreshing, I can make out the delicious tea, it's very complex really.

I was sure I was going to love this, and I was right! Sage and tea are my favoritest BPAL notes so far. The only thing that isn't ideal is that it's rather subtle and quick to fade, but it's a lab fresh imp and they usually gain strength by the time they are a few months old.

ETA: I am still in love with Bewitched! I wanted to add that a few hours in on my skin, and sooner in my hair, I get a lot of SPICINESS from it - very different from the initial berry-sweet/fresh-green. Not sure where it's coming from, but I like it!

Edited by animalcule

Wow, finally a tea scent that doesn't smell like lemons! This definitely smells like opening up a can of fruity tea leaves - it's really soft and gorgeous. The sage isn't dominant, it just provides a nice background note to the soft berries and tea. I really love this one!

In the vial – Sweet blackberries, and then musky white sage.

On the skin – Sun-warm berries with soft sage. Autumn.

Dry – Tasty ripe berries. :3

This reminds me of Euganean Hills, but without any of the chill.

In the bottle: BERRIES with a hint of green

Wet on the skin: The same

Drydown: Musks tend to amp on me and this one is no different, but it's not a bad musk at all. It's like....berries, greenerie and a hint of musk.

Will I repurchase? YEP YEP! I love this one! It's very crisp. It lasts all day and while the musk does go a bit powdery at the very end it's not bad.

In the bottle: tons of fresh blackberry with a small hint of green

Wet: lots of blackberry and tea - someone else likened it to Republic of Tea's Blackberry Sage tea and that's exactly what it smells like

Dry: I'm still getting a lot of the berry, but also some musk and other florals

I really like this combination. I wish it had a little more throw, but it's a beautiful scent. I have it as an imp and I will definitely look at getting a full bottle.

Love. <3

Admittedly, I was worried about this one at first. Like so many have said, berry smells can potentially go fakey and nasty sticky sweet on top of your skin, making you regret putting them on.

Not Bewitched.

From the imp to my skin to drydown, I smell sweet, lovely blackberries. And it's nice...it blends with my skin chemistry really well, and like any good mannered perfume, it softens and makes its exit without wearing out its welcome (unlike a lot of berry scents...). For me, this will probably become a staple of my BPAL collection to be worn all year, but especially in the spring and summer. Bottle? Maybe. But I love my imp (given to me as a frimp when she saw it on my wishlist! Thank you so, so much, Evanescence!) and I'm certainly going to treasure it and give it lots of love.

My only, only regret with this perfume is that for me, the green notes don't come out so much on my skin. That's okay...I love Bewitched anyway.

Final rating: 4 out of 5. :)

:::BEWITCHED:::

The Lab's notes for Bewitched has always been an allure, yet it wasn't til an Imp of it appeared in a Holiday Stocking, did the opportunity arise.

The berries' inherent tartness will either cement it firmly in the garb of androgyny in the accompaniment of the Sage and Tea (by experience) or it will develop dulcent and nectar qualities befitting a person of... Womanly charms.

*wrrrrowwl!*

From the Imp: Flippi' rad! The biggest oomph, straight away, comes from the Green Tea and the Sage. Gorgeously green!

This is, so far, a very foresty fragrance... Without benefit of coniferous snag.

This could well be a hallowed ground of sorts. Something that only nature could design that pairs immaculately with both ceremony and reverence.

This is the glittering, lush, and silent place you would come to leaf through a novel or enjoy a romantic picnic.

Bewitched is succulent and luscious greenery that tangles and captivates the senses.

This stuff's all hyperventilation and potions!

Epidermagic: That musk is an earthy sprite! Surprisingly, the berries really don't show much at all... Maybe the Blackerry leaf, if anything.

Bewitched has a blackened ripening going on here that was completely unexpected.

The Sage has bonded to what has to be the Dark Musk and produced an apparition of a patchouli/truffle hybrid.

This is a stygian miasma, in the bst possible way, with a misty green halo and the subtlest swirls of spicy incense.

Bewitched is very humidly herbal, smoky, woodsy, and... Clean.

Bewitched could certainly work as a unisex fragrance, but it possesses an almost reckless momentum that would point it more in the direction of a handsome and brawny brute than an enchantress... Until this is sniffed with the accompanying chemistry of a woman's skin, it is difficult to imagine otherwise.

This is a fragrance that seems like it is best appreciated alone in contemplation or in sweet reverie.

A posh room fragrance!

Bewitched gets a 4.5 out of 5.

Yes, luscious green indeed! Blackberry, Green Tea, Sage, Musk - they are all here and in such a lovely way. :) I have been wavering back and forth about this one for about a month. The first time I tried my imp, it didn't smell like much to me. Yesterday I tried it again and ordered a bottle. This is perfect for Spring/Summer - not sharp, but with quite a bit of throw and very pretty. 4.5/5

Edited by Shollin
Removed Lab description

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this one! It was one of my first BPALs.

Anyways, its herbal and green as everyone else says with a hint of juicy, ripe blackberry. The berry note is sweet rather than tart, and nicely offsets the herbal green notes. Not a very strong scent and doesn't wear very long on me, but is very nice.

This is my first BPAL purchase from 3 years ago. A sweet mix of blackberry and something green (sage?) underneath. This is a good day scent on me as it is pretty soft on my skin, almost a skin scent. Great for summer weather!

in the imp:

this is really sweet and juicy! judging from the notes, i thought that this would be something a little more mature and provocative, but this reminds me strangely enough of chewy, squishy-sweet jelly bears!

sniffie meets skin:

from my previous experience with snow bunny, i've discovered life-long cuddly sentiments towards berries. i'm getting the sweetest, juiciest black berries as the main scent, with just a teensy undercurrent of tea to warm it up. if the woodland witches smelt like this, i would definitely want to befriend them. this is such a welcoming and sweetly comforting scent. still, i wish it had better throw; unlike snow bunny where the berries burst into dance the moment i opened my imp, these berries run a litle closer to the skin. very lovely though; i can imagine the bf being partial to this blend.

big bottle worthy? i'm not sure yet.. but i'll definitely be reaching for my imp very very often. love!!