Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Bewitched

Deep, luscious green and berry scents that evoke images of woodland witchcraft and the raw power of nature: blackberry, sage, green tea, wild berries and dark musk.

Oh, I love, love, love Bewiched! :P

This is the perfect combination of red and green in a bottle! It is sweet and fruity a la Bordello or Jester, with the greenness of the sage and the tea to prevent it from being too heady or cloying. Beautiful.

It is smooth, happy, festive. It is one of these scents with texture. If it were a fabric, it would be a rich brocade in hues of red, gold and green.

A definite keeper :D Edited by Shollin

I actually placed an order for an imp's ear of this a few days ago, but when I got my oldest order from the Lab today I found out they enclosed an imp of Bewitched for free! :P

While wet, this is very wonderful - the berries and the green tea were most prominent, and I like green tea smells very much. Unfortunately, this went powdery on my skin, as clean/fresh/berry scents are wont to do.

i dont have much to add in terms of a review, but i must say, this is one of my favorite BPAL scents so far. I made it into a lotion bar and i love walking around ensconced in blackberry sage tea. its sweet, fruity and wonderful, but with something else that grounds it and makes it truly special and not just another fruity scent.

FIRST SNIFF: leafy green stems

WEARING IT: this scent is still very green but a beautiful sweetness emerges that is so nice! berries and tea and a hint of wonderous sage. so pretty, so nice on!

VERDICT: bigger bottle please!!!!

I applied Bewitched this morning around 7.30 am, and I'm still getting good whiffs of it and it's creeping up on noon now. This scent lasts a long time, and it's really enjoyable. The berries and the sage meld into something that's sweet, but not sticky.

A bigger bottle shall definitely be on the list, probably after the holidays when I can afford BPAL again. This is definitely a fragrance that worked well with me, and I would recommend it to a novice BPAL fan to get started on their addiction. It works well as an everyday scent.

-doreen

After my initial imp whiff I knew this scent had the potential to be a fave...I'm a total sucker for sweet fruity scents.

But this one is mellowed out with the other notes to keep it grounded and from being too "little girl." Instead, everthing blends together nicely for a sweet, subtle, gentle woman's perfume. It's difficult for me to pick out any individual notes aside from the fruity one...but somewhere between initial drydown and hours later, I had the distinct mental image of ground up sweet-tarts. :D

Overall I really like this scent, it's a perfect blend of those tasty fruit scents I sooo adore and more adult notes to round it out and turn it into a perfectly wonderful grown up playful scent. I'm utterly bewitched by it. :D :D

Although..I must admit this is much better suited to spring than winter, I'll have to try it out again then. :P

Bewitched was very herbal on me! The blackberry didn't come out as much as I expected it to. This blend wasn't sweet on me at all. I might try layering it with Carnivale.

First Sniff: Hmm, it's not so much fruity smelling to me. . .It's more musky than anything.

Wet: It sweetens a little bit, and smells a bit more berryish. . .but the musk is really all I can smell. . .it kind of reminds me of old lady perfume.

Dry Down In the end, I don't really like this one. It's just way too strong for me, even though the berry hints are lovely. . .which is sad, because I really wanted to like this one.

I'm starting to become a pro at identifying BPAL's blackberry. I got Bewitched as a freebie, and it's by far my favorite blackberry blend, though still not something I expect to wear regularly. Initially it goes on smelling a lot like Glasgow, but the berriness of Bewitched is eventually tamed down by a nice, green herbal background. I thought I read someone saying this would make a good lotion, and I'd have to agree. I see it much more as a hand lotion or soap scent than an all-over perfume type of fragrance.

Someone had previously mentioned this smells a lot like Republic of Tea's Blackberry Sage tea. Very much true! This is fruity bright, but not overpoweringly fruity. Definite blackberry with an herbal note, light and fresh and green. Sadly because the blackberry was not strong this tends to fade quickly on me and I prefer the stronger fruity notes in Jester. Off to swaps despite it being loverly :P

i love this scent

its how i want to smell during the late spring early winter

its very comforting... maybe because i always have blackberry sage tea after a long day. it was better than i expected it to be, its fresh and sweet yet has an excellent grounding, possibly musk.

dont know about a big bottle yet but i will certainly use the imp :P

First sniff:

Berries. Sweet red berries and not much else. I really don't think this is going to work on me, but I'll give it a shot since sometimes there's a huge change from imp to skin. :P

Wet on skin:

Berries, berries and more berries. This reminds me of those "mixed berry" candies you sometimes get, the ones with raspberry and blueberry and strawberry and all that. This is definitely not my thing, but I can see it working beautifully on someone else. Berries just aren't my thing.

Dry down:

Pretty much the same as when it was wet. This one's basically the same through all its stages from imp to wet on the skin to the dry down. It's a sweet berry scent that, while lovely in its own way, is definitely not for me.

The bottom line:

Definitely not for me. It'll be going up for swap. :D

In the bottle, this one smelled very sweet, but not a lot of berry came through on first whiff. It smelled like a very sweet tea.

On skin, the berry notes developed and took over. I also smell what I think is the dark musk. The scents work well together and lasted all day.

If you like sweet berry scents, it's a great one. I'm not sure if it's one for me though. It is a little too sweet on me and by the end of the day I just wanted to take it off. It started to remind me a bit of air freshener... so it might be a great candidate for a room scent.

Since I'm named after one of the characters on the show of the same name, and I love fruit smells, I *had* to try this one, and it was part of my first order from the Lab.

It definitely didn't disappoint me in the least. It does smell somewhat like Republic of Tea's Blackberry Sage tea, but to me the blackberry is a bit stronger and it's not as bitter as i find the tea to be.

very dee-lish!

I really like this alot, but I don't think it will be my signature scent. I'm actually rather grateful for that, cuz it would just be a bit too corny. :P

Edited by harlequin

In the Bottle Blackberry and green tea. Husky, dark greens. (I have on green tea lotion, so I know this will be effecting my review.)

Wet Berries and sage.. musky dark, voluptuous... There is an underlying sweetness that comes through with the berries that is almost slightly citrusy.. a very interesting blend.

Drydown Berries and musk..... mmmmm...... a very drak raspberry and blackberry on my skin. a whisper of green tea in the background, swirling musk.

Two Hours Later This scent stays close to my skin. I'm not big on berry scents, but this is a subtly sweet, musky dark, wonderful raspberry/blackberry. It's sexy in a very natural disarming way. There is almost an innosence underneathe all the musk. I am on my bed reading with my head in the crook of my arms, getting lovely wiffs of myself. lol. A good winter scent.

Verdict I like this one. Sweet, musky, sexy...... yet very subtle. It's a keeper.

I was encouraged when the sniff of the imp was a true-non-sweet blackberry with some dusty greens lingering in the background.

Alas, when applied to my skin, a slightly more perfumey version of Sun-Ripened Raspberry appeared on my skin. Ytch, not what I want to smell like.

This is clearly in the same scent family with Bordello and Jester, though not as sweet as either of them. I don't get the sage or tea notes at all, the berry drowns them out and all they do is modify it. R. didn't like it when fresh, said it was tolerable after a few hours; I suspect that's the musk. This would probably be a good scent to wear when Bordello would be overwhelming, or to layer with Bordello to cut the sweetness a bit. I like it enough to keep it, though I think it's going to be in the "not while he's around" group.

I really, really enjoyed Bewitched, and it's quickly becoming a favorite. Wet it smells strongly of berries, and these are bright, ripe, bursting-with-juice berries. The scent is thick and a touch medicinal. It's a pinkish-red scent, definitely.

As it settles a touch of lavender or something else of a floral nature peeks through, though I'm having a hard time identifying it.

This is definitely going to be a big bottle scent for me. It reminds me in spirit of Glasgow, which I also adore, only Bewitched is a bit sweeter and more berry, while Glasgow tempters the sweetness with a bit more floral.

In the imp: Juicy Fruit!

After dry down (2 hours): Soap! Ugh! NOOO! :P This is that soap smell that leaves a horrible taste in my mouth. I am sad!

After 4 hours: Soap smell is gone! Thank the gods! I smell faint berries. This isn't going to be an all day scent.

I will try this one again but I am not sure I can get past the soap phase. I am mildly disappointed because I wanted to like this so much!

ADDED April 19:

First on- this turned soapy on me :D so it was soapy juicy fruit :D and at 5am that is not pleasant AT ALL!

I almost went in and washed it off because I cannot do that soapy smell but instead I left it on and now (almost 6.5 hours later) it smells faintly like berries. It is fruity and bright and lasted a while now.

I really wanted to love this one - even for just the name of it. I may try it again when I am feeling a bit adventurous and see if the soapy smell still gets to me.

I received Bewitched as a generous gift from the lab. I really loved the green notes in this, the sage and green tea, but unfortunately, I'm not a fruity person and the berries were exceedingly sweet. They overwhelmed the green notes that I liked. :P

This is such a green..perky blend. I had an imp of this and gave it to a friend (I have a big bottle :P ) and she has obsessed over it ever since. It really is lovely... very fresh and bright smelling.

Bewitched is tart blackberries and woodsy herbs on me. The image I get is a warm June morning, half-shade, before the real heat starts.

If a medicine woman spent the morning gathering and then touched her hands lightly to your face, this would be the fragrance.

I don't know if it's the sage in this, but this smelled very masculine on me. I got the berries when it was still wet, but after it dried, this was all aftershave on me. Which is strange, because I've never had sage issues before. Ah well.

Edited by Dolly Dimple

Wow! Very berry! Very plummy!

Almost too much sweetness at first, but Bewitched settles into a very nice spicy fruity blend on me.

If I would have come upon this one before I fell in love with fruit scents like The Red Queen, The Lampades, The Hesperides and Puck, it might be in my Top Ten. I am all fruited out though and this fades fast on me too quickly to be a Top Tener. Plus, I tend to be attracted to both tea and musk based oils and I am trying to get into new scents, not rehashing.

But, I would highly recommend it because it's a very nice blend of fruit, spice and herbal scents. A scent for everyday. Smells like the woods at the witching hour! :P

Edited by Madame Nyx

I love Beth's blackberry scents. and this coupled with the dark musk comes up so nicely on my skin. There is just the tiniest hint of sage and green tea, which is perfect for all the redness in this scent. I will be buying a larger bottle of Bewitched.