Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Bewitched

Deep, luscious green and berry scents that evoke images of woodland witchcraft and the raw power of nature: blackberry, sage, green tea, wild berries and dark musk.

In the imp: I really smell sage and berries. Reminds me of a candy from my childhood.

Wet: Berry scent with sage in the background.

Dry: A deep musk with berries. Beautiful!!! I love this and will be buying a vat.

IN THE IMP: Woah, all sage and green tea. Almost bitter. I don't get even a hint of blackberry. Very "dark".

WET: Same as before. Oh dear. Is the blackberry ever going to come out?

DRY: Somehow, this turned to soap on me. Which is strange, because I can't imagine which note I'd have a problem with. It smells like fancy tea or herbal soap. Not unpleasant at all. It's actually quite nice, but I don't wear perfumes that make me smell like I just washed my hands with fancy hotel soap.

Expectations: I chose this because I didn't have a berry scent in my list yet, but I have a feeling it's going to have similar associations to Eden: fruity and musty.

In vial: It took a few good sniffs to detect any fruitiness. It's mostly musky fresh foliage.

On skin, wet: Something sharp tickled my nose, and there's a bit of powdery floral. This is another one that keeps trying to tug a memory into the front of my consciousness but can't quite get there.

On skin, dry: Ooh, the berries are coming out to play. They're a little overwhelmed by the powderiness though. On the bright side, the sage hasn't sent me running for soap and water like I thought it might.

After time: At 15 minutes, it's green tea with a few drops of berry juice. After an hour, the berry has increased so it's more of a musky berry tea.

Conclusion: Once I'd worn this a while it was actually sort of pretty. I really didn't like the beginning stages though, and the throw isn't very good. I might give it one more try before deciding to pass this one on.

In the bottle: Astringent.

Wet: Even more astringent D: Where are the berries?

Skin: Oh thank god, berries. The berries and musk are really dark, inviting, and delicious!

Drydown: It smells exactly like BBW Blackberry amber!

I think I'll keep the imp, but it's not worth a bottle to me.

In the imp: Light, sharp, woody & herbal. Very refreshing, but not terribly bewitching.

On my skin: Juicy! Extremely fruity. It's very... juicy berries, with a bit of musk underneath, drawing you down. Note to self: do not get perfume on lip when sniffing. Yuckyuckyuck! But, that's how glued to my hand I was!

Conclusion: Yum! I'm sniffing someone else's, but I think I want an imp of this myself.

In the bottle: Blackberry, green tea, wild strawberries. Fruity, but not too sweet, with a smooth herbal undertone.

Wet: Fruity-tart berries and green tea, with a faint hint of light sage, and sexy musk slowly emerging. Something lightly floral and clean, almost soapy, too.

Dry: Dries rapidly, abandoning much of the fruit and becoming increasingly floral-soap. The berries are still there, but faint and they lie close to the skin.

Summary: Dark musk with light wild berries and faint herbs. All soapiness has vanished. Decent throw, but fades rather quickly.

One to retry!

I'm beginning to really love herbal-fruity blends!

It certainly does smell like dark woods. The dark musk and sage are strong, followed by the green tea and berries. At first sniff I thought it smelled like a bathroom but once on my skin it definitely doesn't. It could just be power of suggestion but I do picture witches brewing up trouble in the forest! The musk goes really well with my chemistry. The berries aren't bright at first but they turn brighter as it dries, the sage and tea dominates while wet, the musk balances everything out. The fruit almost sours after a while, and eventually dominate the blend, except for the musk. This would be something to wear when I'm feeling mischievous for sure!

In the imp it smells like fresh berries, but on my skin it smells like old, dusty berries - not good! Luckily it fades very quickly! Berry smells often smell too childish to me, so I thought I might like this one because it is "dark"- but it left me missing the bright fruity scents!

What I can smell of this smells good. But I can't smell much of it. A little blackberry, a little sage, a little tea. Fades after a few hours.

It is terribly consistent though-- smells just the same in the imp as it does on me, and smells the same every time I open up the imp to smell it. I'm wondering if it's an older imp and has lost some of its oomph with age, because it seems like it's been plenty strong for other people.

Bottle: green summer woods and berries.

Wet: woodsy greenery and blackberries! yum

Dry: The blackberries fade a little and a soft dark musk emerges that adds a mysterious depth to the woodsy greenery.

I imagine a moss covered cottage in the woods, in the window is a beautiful, wise witch using a mortar & pestle to grind herbs, roots and berries for potions. I love it!

At first, I really loved this. It was sweet and juicy and had a bright, sparkling note much like cola that kept the berries from becoming too much. Then it dried, and the berries descended and took over completely. It was way too strong for me and not my style at all. But, I know plenty of people who adore this sort of scent.

This one is a definite swap.

In the bottle it's very green, hint of berry. When I put it on, it was a burst of lush, dark, green forest and BERRIES! It makes me want to slip on a green dress and some dark red lipstick and go be mysterious. It's absolutely beautiful---the kind of fruity I like: not overwhelming and not little-girly.

Imp: green, but sweet.

Wet on skin: definitely getting sage and berries. I think I like!

Dry on skin: damn. Green is gone, no musk, just the same sweet-tarts smell I got from Lady MacBeth, only not quite so overwhelmingly strong.

Throw: Low to medium. Staying power: good, if you don't mind the fact that nothing sticks other than the berries.

No fair. :P

Imp from my latest order:

Imp: Sage & Musk and hint of berry

Wet on Me: Berries come out to play! Then the

sage comes out with the musk

Drying Down: Green. Green tea and sage. The

musk heads out of town. and Berries again!

Dry: BERRIES! Lovely lovely berries! I smell like

summer berries!

Throw: Good. wish it was stronger

Stay: Good but also wish this was longer

I like this. Probably bottle worthy down the line.

Mmm, a delicious blackberry tea scent, with a hint of something dark and twisty underneath. To me it almost seemed like dirt, but I guess it was just black musk. But at any rate, it soon became mostly berry, which I love. It has all the things I like most in a scent, but somehow it failed to really impress me. But there's nothing wrong with it, so maybe it'll just grow on me?

Either way I'll enjoy using my imp!

At first I wasn't sure about this one, because the sweet berry note was throwing me off quite a bit. As much as I like sweet things, the berry notes usually feel too thick and sappy for my liking. Fortunately, later on it became more balanced by the herbal elements, and smelled like someone who's been working in their herb garden, with just a hint of otherworldly sweetness thrown in for good measure. It was much more pleasant, then! I would nudge people who don't usually like strong berry scents toward this one, as I feel the herbs and musk really help to ground it well.

This is a sweet berry scent! I really enjoy the green notes and the berries. It has just a teensy hint of plastic, but overall, it's fresh, juicy and sweet. Very innocent. I think this would be a great scent for a little girl actually.

Perhaps a little too sweet and innocent for the likes of me.

In The Bottle

Berry and sage in the bottle gives a surprisingly refreshing scent.

On Application

As above but a little warmer.

Dry Down

I really like this. The sage gives this a green edge and the musk which appears as it warms starts to sweeten up the mix. This is berries in the wild, growing amongst weeds and ferns. The green tea isn't really evident until about 10 minutes in and lends a green airiness. This is lovely and not too cloying. Oh.....20 minutes later this is becoming darker. I guess the musks are kicking in. A bottle for sure.

Rating (0-5)

Berry! But not cloying, sweet berry. Almost a light wine scent?

Mostly I read rich berry over a bed of tea and greens; 4ish hours later, it's a berry-hinted light musk. I've worn this a lot over the spring and summer -- the sage and tea ground the scent enough that the berries never go too sweet. It's eternally fresh.

I love the idea of Bewitched - all those berries! I adore berries! And I can't think of a nicer scent to wear! But Bewitched goes through a difficult soap phase just as it starts to dry down and warm up. I think it's the sage, which I've always been wary of in perfume. Now the sage has mellowed after about 30 minutes. The berries re-emerge, but they are weak and watery compared to when I first put them on. It does waft prettily up to my nose, however.

I think I was hoping for something hearty and overpowering so I could just hide myself behind a cloud of berries. But this is actually a light, gentle scent instead. I have to check my disappointment and realize it still smells like heavenly berries and doesn't vanish on my skin like Vinland used to do!!!

The blackberry note is very juicy and realistic, similar to the one in I like in Glasgow, but this is a much more complex blend. The green tea is a fresh edge while the sage is a strong herbal note to balance the sweet berries. The musk gives it some depth and darkness...these berry bushes grow at the edge of a deep mysterious woods.

After it dries down the sage is still very pronounced along with a woody note...bewitching indeed.

wet on skin: green sage and musky

while later: this is really nice, a bit green, a bit musky, a bit earthy, and sweet berries of the kind i have found in the grindhouse ladies - not candyish at all

even later: to me this is like Daiyu's dirty sister! i think this is the dark musk and the tea. i will have to do a comparison sometime soon & see what happens when i layer them

In the bottle, this smells like musk and licorice. On me, at first the licorice is a little strong. As it dries, the musk comes back, and it smells just like absinthe. Once it's been on for a few minutes, it's very nice. I like this one.

Wet: Sweet and fruity.

Drying: This one actually does smell a lot like blackberry tea. Mmmm. :P I may have to give this a second test (which is always the stage before "buy about a hundred bottles" :D ).