Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
vanilla323

I want Popcorn!

Oddly enough I can't eat popcorn but I am loving buttery popcorn scents...

What does BPAL have to offer... :wub2:

Edited by Vanilla323

Oddly enough I can't eat popcorn but I am loving pop corn scents...

It's very old so it may be hard to find, but Shill is a spot-on buttery pocorn smell!!!

Oddly enough I can't eat popcorn but I am loving pop corn scents...

It's very old so it may be hard to find, but Shill is a spot-on buttery pocorn smell!!!

greylen is right - Shill is buttered popcorn all the way! But it came out with the Carnaval Noir series many years ago, and has been discontinued for a while now, so that one will be hard to find.

You could try to find Trick or Treat - that was also an old one from 2005, but it came back for Halloween 2009 so it shouldn't be too hard to find. The description for that one is "The sticky sweet scent of candy corn!" and that's *exactly* what it smells like :smile:

Hmmm candy corn is typically sweeter right? Popcorn is salty.

Thanks for the recs greylen & sunshine...wonder if I'll be able to find them... ;)

Although popcorn isn't listed in the notes, there is a popcorn note in The Elephantine Colossus. I just tested it now, and there's definitely a kettle-corn in here. :D

Seaside hanky panky: a strumpet’s red musk with a merry splash of root beer, a swirl of exotic pipeweed, and a whiff of sweets carrying over from the boardwalk.

Hmmm candy corn is typically sweeter right? Popcorn is salty.

Thanks for the recs greylen & sunshine...wonder if I'll be able to find them... ;)

Shill.. will definitely be hard to find. Trick or Treat (the 2009 version) shouldn't be that difficult - hunt around in the For Sale topic, there will probably be at least a decant floating around :smile:

Both Shill and TorT are both definitely the buttery/sweet kind of popcorn smell though - not the salty popcorn smell. Of the two, I'd say Trick or Treat is the sweeter, and Shill is the more buttery, if that helps. But if it's salty popcorn you're after.. hmm, nothing comes to mind for that - sorry!

Although popcorn isn't listed in the notes, there is a popcorn note in The Elephantine Colossus. I just tested it now, and there's definitely a kettle-corn in here. :D

Seaside hanky panky: a strumpet’s red musk with a merry splash of root beer, a swirl of exotic pipeweed, and a whiff of sweets carrying over from the boardwalk.

I definitely got a popcorn note in E. Colossus as well.

Boo didn't smell like it on me, but others have gotten a buttered popcorn vibe from it I believe.

A LOT of reviews for Elephantine Colussus mention popcorn. I don't know how easy it is to find, but I was surprised by how many people mentioned it!

I searched reviews for mentions of popcorn, so here are some unexpected scents that were mentioned in reviews: Young Pine Saplings, Bogle, Gollettes, Huesos de Santos, The Snack Hut, Drink Me, Miskatonic University, Feeding The Dead, Cockaigne, Boo.

A LOT of reviews for Elephantine Colussus mention popcorn. I don't know how easy it is to find, but I was surprised by how many people mentioned it!

I searched reviews for mentions of popcorn, so here are some unexpected scents that were mentioned in reviews: Young Pine Saplings, Bogle, Gollettes, Huesos de Santos, The Snack Hut, Drink Me, Miskatonic University, Feeding The Dead, Cockaigne, Boo.

I think it was probably me who mentioned "popcorn" in the Miskatonic U review thread. :lol: It smells like Jelly Belly Buttered Popcorn jelly beans to me, but that's probably not a normal kind of reaction. It doesn't smell like that in the bottle, just on my skin, so YMMV.

Oh.. ivyandpeony - I had forgotten about The Snack Hut, but yes - I definitely got popcorn from that, although the cherry was very strong as well so it wasn't a 'pure' popcorn smell like Shill or Trick or Treat. And I think that one's discontinued now, so I'm not sure how easy it will be to find some.

But I honestly can't say I got any popcorn at all from The Elephantine Colossus - it was all red musk/cola on me - just thought I'd chime in on that one, because it is a bit difficult to find.

The only bpal that smelled really popcorn-y to me was Shill, but my bottles of that haven't aged well at all :( it smells like weird, fruity chemical smell with a hint of butter on me now.

A fellow forumite had a bottle of Chaos that was very popcorn scented. I purchased it. Hope its got all the BPAL popcorn I want. ;)

Maybe it's just me, but I've always thought Sleipnir has a bit of a popcorn smell, and not in an overly sweet way either.

Bread-and-Butterfly smelled like movie theater popcorn to me--super-buttery. Not in a good way, for me, but it might be up your alley.

I definitely got a popcorn note in E. Colossus as well.

Boo didn't smell like it on me, but others have gotten a buttered popcorn vibe from it I believe.

I agree on E. Colossus and the popcorn note. Boo smells all buttery on me but no popcorn note. I have Shill and also the Shill proto. The Shill proto has no detectable popcorn note to my nose. YMMV. I get a beachy smell from the proto.

If your looking for a straight up popcorn scent Shill is what you want. It would be worthwhile posting a ISO in the wanted section.

The only bpal that smelled really popcorn-y to me was Shill, but my bottles of that haven't aged well at all :( it smells like weird, fruity chemical smell with a hint of butter on me now.

Really? That's weird, mine smells just like it did the day I bought it. I wonder why? I also heard the same thing about Strawberry Moon (original) but again mine still smells the same.

Bread-and-Butterfly smelled like movie theater popcorn to me--super-buttery. Not in a good way, for me, but it might be up your alley.

I'll second this, and add candy corn coated candy apple started out really heavy on a sort of popcorn smell on me, but it dried down and went into an appley floral. But the first half hour or so was pretty heavy on that sort of salted buttery corn smell.

Maybe it's just me, but I've always thought Sleipnir has a bit of a popcorn smell, and not in an overly sweet way either.

I just came here to say that.

I'll second this, and add candy corn coated candy apple started out really heavy on a sort of popcorn smell on me, but it dried down and went into an appley floral. But the first half hour or so was pretty heavy on that sort of salted buttery corn smell.

Agreed. Bread-and-Butter-Fly is tea and butter-doused popcorn to my nose.

A fellow forumite had a bottle of Chaos that was very popcorn scented. I purchased it. Hope its got all the BPAL popcorn I want. ;)

There was one series of CTs that had popcorn in a lot of them, so if this one doesn't work out for you, it's worth posting an ISO.

There was one series of CTs that had popcorn in a lot of them, so if this one doesn't work out for you, it's worth posting an ISO.

I got it today and it is perfect! Strong popcorn that I wanted!!! So happy! My search is over, lol :joy:

Wanted to bump this since I've discovered lots of other amazing popcorn smells from BPAL lately...

Movie Night is my favorite! Movie theatre popcorn all the way!

Also Spring Training 2008 is a caramel corn scent that I love!

Mouse Circus was yummy too but had a weird wood dry down note that threw me off!

Any other newer popcorn scents you all can think of that haven't been mentioned...;)