Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Tramp

Fig and White Sandalwood Hair Gloss

Love this to pieces. Am a huge sandalwood fan and this gloss has it in spades. A nice smooth woody sweet sandalwood. I think the fig really serves to amp the sweet quality of the sandalwood, really makes it lush and creamy.

I used this in my wet hair and brushed it through. When it was dry my hair was super soft and not as flyaway as normal. And the scent really lasts. I will need lots of this am just in love. :wub2:

I love this, both the scent and the hair gloss formula!

Gloss: When used on wet hair, this does add shine to my hair without making it look greasy. And the gloss helped to detangle it, too, when combing. My hair is very long and somewhat curly, so it is very tangle-prone and I need all the help I can get with that. I always use a spray-on, leave-in detangler, but this worked even when the detangler didn't.

On wet hair, I can use much more without making my hair look greasy. (I used 8 sprays, for my very long hair.) This results in the scent being stronger and lasting longer.

Like others, I've noticed that if I put it on dry hair, I should use much less to avoid a greasy look. One spritz into my hand for the right side of my hair, and one for the left side is enough, even with my long hair.

Fragrance: Unisex. I like this even more than the Snake Oil one (no vanilla in this one.) I always like white sandalwood a lot, and the fig blends with it beautifully.

The scent doesn't last as long as the Snake Oil one, though. Using it in greater amounts on wet hair helps, but even then it lasts no more than a day, and not nearly as long as the Snake Oil one. But if you wash your hair every day, that's long enough.

My rating: 5 stars

Earthy with a hint of sweetness from the fig. I really enjoy the scent, and the gloss works wonders on my hair.

I got decants of a couple of the glosses, including this one. Of the two I got, I like this scent the best. It is a wonderful warm sandalwood with a hint of fruitiness from the fig. It's kind of like a dried fig scent--more sweet than the kind of heady greenish fig scent in some other blends. It smells glorious when I first put it on or when I spritz it into my hand before put it on my hair.

I wish the scent last longer though. My hair just sucks it up, and it's good for a couple of hours, but that's it. I don't put a lot though--maybe three spritzes mixed with another hair gloss I have.

It does straighten my hair a bit, as all glosses with silicones in them seem to do. It also makes my hair quite soft and silky. I think it does add to the flyaway staticky effect, though.

Overall, I don't think the hair glosses are any better as a product as any other glosses I can buy. Even the cheap drugstore ones seem to have about the same effect on my hair, which is only fair to middlin'. But of course they smell divine, while the scent lasts!

I love the rich, woody fig and sandalwood scent this gives my hair. It's heady without being too heavy, and it lasts a really long time. Days.

Not sure the gloss itself is the greatest thing for my very thick, curly hair. It doesn't control frizz. If underapplied it doesn't do much at all, and if overapplied it just weighs down my hair. I tried using it as a substitute for all other styling products, and it left my hair soft but fairly unmanageable, so I went to spraying it on my hands and scrunching in. I think it's better for me as a scent than a glossing product, and the least it comes into contact with my products the better.

I'm experimenting with going silicone-free right now, so not using it at all. I miss the fragrance, though. It's a much better vehicle for scenting the hair than any other method I've found so far.

This is my favourite of the hair glosses, even above Snake Oil which really surprised me! It smells gorgeous though not so strong that you need to worry about it clashing with your perfume. It really helps my waves look nice too. Sometimes I put it on overnight and it's all soaked in by the morning so my hair obviously enjoys the extra oil!

This is a review of the scent only for this hair gloss.

I'm good with both fig and sandalwood scents, so I thought this one might go well with a lot of my collection.

It is a very understated scent, almost reserved. On my hair it's got very little throw but a whole lot of staying power; I could smell it all day.

The sandalwood note is delicate, contributing a soft dryness rather than an overt woody presence. But what makes this scent delightful is the fig note. It smells like a fresh Turkish fig just before you bite into it. It's not juicy, not honeyish, not heavy at all like, say, the fig in Hetairae or Lucifer. It's almost floral, soft, beguiling.

I'm not sure what I'd choose from my collection to wear with this, probably other sandalwood blends that include light fruit. Some days I might be content just to wear this by itself with an optional scent locket; it's that good.

:wub2:

I used this on my hair over Thanksgiving Break (wore it to Thanksgiving) and it was FANTASTIC.

Fresh almost floral fig, and hints of delicate sandalwood. It's very understated, and has a tremendous STAYING power.

Hands down, my favorite hair gloss.

The scent? Amazing. Staying power? Also amazing. This worked best when I mixed the TP gloss with regular formula It's a 10, 3:1 (3 parts It's a 10 to 1 part gloss), about 5 sprays in my hand, then worked it through my hair. Magic! :wub2:

*FYI: I have shoulder length, salon-colored wavy-to-almost-curly superfine hair, but lots of it

Lots of mellow fig with a touch of sandalwood. This smells a lot like the Boadicea Bath Oil from a couple of years ago, which makes me a happy camper. The oil morphed into something a bit weird on my skin, but this stays true to the scent. I really like this, and like all the other glosses, leaves my hair shiny and silky.

I bought a bottle f this at c2e2, then swapped for it, too, thinking I had bought a different scent. Good thing I *love* it. The sandalwood doesn't go powderery in my air the way it des on my skin, and the fig is rich and glorious and sweet.

I like my own gloss better as a hair product, but this gloss is fine. The sprayer sticks, though, on both of my bottles.

I have just a little bit in a bottle from a decant circle. I used it today, as I didn't have time to wash my hair, and yet wanted something to tame it. My hair has color in it, is dry on the ends, and can be oily near the scalp. It's very long, fine and thin. This HG seemed to weigh the hair down more than other HGs that I have used, w/ only four sprays, but the scent is wonderful. The fig note is dark but not too juicy, and the sandalwood note keeps the sweetness in check. I think that would this scent would work well any perfume oil that has a strong fig note present.

Edited by thekittenkat

I can't wear hair gloss in my hair, alas, because of how fine/thin it is, but sprayed on my skin like a dry oil body mist, this moisturizes well, absorbs quickly, and smells amazing. Warm/sweet fig with just enough dry sandalwood to keep it from being overly fruity. The smell is very light, but has relatively good throw, and lasted for at about an hour and a half after application. It would make a good moisturizer base for fig-scented perfume oils like Amicitia and Daruma Doll.

Why am I just getting around to try this? It's glorious. I adore fig, and this is one of my favourite fig scents I have smelled. I wish it came in perfume. It's perfect with the sandalwood. I'll need way more of this.

Perfect. This fragrance lasts forever. It's sweet & woody & versatile.

i received a frimp of this from a lovely swapper. it's a pretty sweet fig on me, has hints of that 'plastic doll' smell as some of bpal's fruit notes do on me. there is something a bit earthy but doesn't necessarily obviously read as sandalwood to me. later on i get a hint of spice-kind of reminds me of the holidays.