Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zagadka

Honey Hair Gloss

YAY- first review?!!

It is taking everything in me not to swing on the chandelier and yell about how awesome this stuff is. I have seriously been on a quest for The Gloss to End All Glosses- I have tried high end stuff, low end stuff, and nothing works. It just leaves my hair shiny without actually moisturizing it for realz.

Ok, let's start off with the gloss itself. It doesn't spray out of the container so much as it comes out in a stream. One squirt was more than enough to coat my desperately dry and crispy ends in deliciously scented oil. Its more oily than other glosses and I suspect there isn't much silicone action, just enough to keep your hair from turning into a total greaseball.

If you LOVE the Lab's honey notes, particularly Jezebel, you'll flip over this. Its sweet, slightly floral, but not too foodie. At first, the floral is a bit sharp and I was worried I wouldn't like it, but it mellows out quickly into a golden, amber honey dream.

SO amazing, thank you Lab for making this!!

This smells amazing - it has not just the sweetness but the musky and floral qualities of real honey. The strength and throw aren't excessive, and it didn't clash with my perfumes.

The gloss itself didn't work as well as I'd hoped on my long, coarse, curly hair -- it felt silky going on, but left my hair feeling dry later in the day. I'll find a better home for it and stick with coconut oil and Mead Moon!

I must admit, I was a bit wary of this one from a sniff of the bottle. I generally really like honey, but Teh Manthing has a weird aversion to it. And from the bottle, this smells WAY sweet.

Now, my Hair Gloss is in a decant, but it appears that the Gloss comes out in a stream from most bottles. Knowing that, I spritzed 3-4 pumps in my hand and rubbed it into the ends and worked my way up. I suddenly found myself enveloped in the most heavenly scent imaginable! This oil really blooms once it's sprayed, and it's a dead ringer for wildflower honey -- the florals are quite prominent at first, but they do not stick around for long. There is also a muskiness present, but once this sinks into my hair I'm basically left with a honeyed sweetness.

This scent has more throw than Fig & White Sandalwood Gloss, but it's not overpowering even when applied as liberally as I did. If you are a fan of honey, this is an absolute must try!

I can definitely second PhantasmMysteria's review: this stuff truly blooms when it is in my hair, both because it is a floral honey and because it morphs upon wearing. In the bottle it was my least favorite of the four hair glosses I ordered (SO, Fig & Sandalwood, and White Tea & Sage) but I've just put it on and I simply adore it. It's warm and sweet with lovely flowery notes-- and I usually dislike florals intensely. It is distinctive but subtle-- almost how the sexiest hair in the world might smell naturally, or how a wood nymph's hair would smell. As such, I think it will work well when I want to use a gloss but don't want to clash with any perfumes I'm wearing.

My hair is silky and soft. The gloss also seems to do a good job of taming teh frizzies.

I love honey notes but not so much the floral tones, but the ones in the gloss are so subtle and delicate to appeal anyone.This could be the best natural honey single note I ever smelled in years :wub2: I agree with the previous reviews that it`s not overpowering, just a waft of heavenly honey once some wind or warm air hit your hair. On the plus note, mixed with Snake oil it smells exactly like Womb Furie, I`m in love!

Honey Hair Gloss - I was so excited about this product because my dry, fine, curly hair always needs help, and because I love honey scents, but can rarely wear them on my skin. I really believe the amazingness of these glosses is all about the argan oil. My hair just adores it and feels so silky and soft, looks shiny, and I do believe it even gives my curls a little more bounce. My hair looks so healthy when using these glosses! And this honey scent is beautiful. It's slightly floral, and a previous reviewer noted that if you like Jezebel, you'll like this scent. I hadn't made that connection myself, but now that the idea has been put into my head, I TOTALLY agree. Another really lovely Trading Post product.

Ok I got my Honey Gloss and had the chance to use it a couple times. To note I have *Very* Thick and Frizzy hair that is rarely ever controlled by anything. I used about 5 pumps of the honey gloss (into my hands and onto my damp hair starting at the frizziest bits, then brushing in after application). My hair is soft and lovely~ It is bouncy and was easy to comb after. I got comments on my hair when I used it yesterday, and people got handsy w/ my hair when it was down (at work I keep it in a bun usually, couldnt help but let the scent of the honey gloss envelop around me at the end of the day this time. The honey scent is not too strong though, and I did use a lot. The smell of it is much nicer when it is on my your hair than in the bottle. Today I did not use any, because my hair looks so good! It is still working its magic, and while the scent has faded, the silkiness remains~

I am Very happy I got this!

:wub2:

The honey scent is brilliant and the gloss actually works fantastic - I am thrilled with this purchase! The only disappointing thing about this purpose is the spray-bottle nozzle, I wish it was finer, but I just spray into my hand and then work through my hair.

I was unsure whether this would be a product for me -- my dyed, shoulder-length hair tends to get oily, and while I can get away with washing it every other day, by day 2 I'm using a dry shampoo on the crown to soak up the excess oil. So why would I need extra gloss for my hair?

I'm glad I splurged on this though -- I'll squirt once, then run through only the damp ends right after shampoo. I end up with pretty soft waves, and there's no extra oil on day 2. Hooray!

The honey fragrance, as others have mentioned, is more floral than "O"-type. I'd love for the fragrance to be stronger, but it's just as well -- I'd overapply and stinkbomb my husband and workmates. A great product, glad I purchased. :D

Omg the smell to this is amazing. And its good at taming the stray hair on my braids...

Need more!

I love this stuff - it's a fabulous rich honey. What I usually do is one spray into my hairbrush, which lasts for a few uses each time. My hair does a great seaweed impression if I ever apply oil directly, but done via hairbrush, by the time the oil builds up enough to make my hair heavy and floppy, it's time to wash it anyway. It's strong, but it doesn't have much throw - I can smell it in my own hair, but other people generally don't notice it unless they're right up in my space. Just how I like it.

It's *great* for the days when I have to use tar shampoo, and it will get used again tomorrow after I'm done with a henna touchup.

First off - I have VERY fine, VERY straight hair that also tends to be oily.

And it is currently winter. And I wear a lot of sweaters. And I do not get ANY static or flyaway hairs. I really mean none. My hair is softer, shinier and more manageable since I started using the hair glosses. I have just past the chin hair and I use two pumps on wet hair, and sometimes one more once it's dry and if I'm not putting any other hair products in.

I find that even if I over-apply, my hair can get a little greasy, and then, somehow.. (I guess it's the Puddin-magic) it actually soaks the product up so there is no grease left.. although on those days I do then find that I must wash my hair in two days (I can SOMETIMES wait three if I don't accidentally put an extra squirt into my hair).

This stuff also lasts. I've been putting it on my hair pretty much religiously after every wash and it's barely made a dent in the bottle. Even at this pace I am a little doubtful if I will be able to use it up before the stated 6 month shelf life.

The fragrance? It smells like honey - no, really... go open a jar of wildflower honey and this is what this hair gloss smells like. It actually smells like delicious, sweet, flowery honey and if you smell it with your nose in the right way you can actually almost taste it, it's so good. .. however, because of the way I apply it, most of the scent gets burned away by the dryer. If I apply it on dry hair, the scent lasts a few hours but it's always fairly close to me and not a lot of throw.. but if I shake my head I'm in a delicious honey cloud :wub2:

TOTALLY worth it. I don't want to be without this hair gloss again.

There is a floral undertone that I doesn't agree with me. It starts off all sweet and honey, but it goes into a strange floral sweetness, and ends up a with a sharpness that does not agree with my nose.

Floral honey. I'm not a big honey fan, but thought I'd give it a whirl. It's soft, silky and mr. zee_zee says that it smells nice. I squirted once on wet hair, and on wet it was pretty strong, but after about two hours I can't really smell it.

Hmm, forgot to do this one! This is true farmer's market honey, in hair gloss form. Definitely with a muskiness to it along with a touch of floral. Makes my hair soft and silky, as with the other glosses. Glad to have my decant, but probably don't need more. A little goes a long way!

I love this, both the gloss and the fragrance!

Scent:

One of my favorites of the hair gloss scents - it ties with my previous fave of Frankincense Clove - and maybe even goes it one better. It's more subtle, and blends better with my fragrance oils. And like that one, it isn't too foody. This scent also lasts longer than the Frankincense one.

Gloss:

This does add shine to my hair without making it look greasy. And I especially love that the gloss helps to detangle it, too, when combing. My hair is extra long (hip length), thick, and somewhat curly, so it is very tangle-prone and I need all the help I can get with that. I always use a spray-on, leave-in detangler, but this works even when the detangler doesn't. When I use this, it takes less time to comb out the tangles and there is far less ripped-out hair stuck in my comb when I am finished.

Like others, I too have noticed that if I put it on dry hair, I should use much less to avoid a greasy look. One spritz into my hand (then rub my hands together and wipe it into my hair starting at the bottom and working my way up) for the right side of my hair, and one for the left side is enough, even with my long hair.

On wet hair, I can use much more without making my hair look greasy. (I use 8 sprays, 4 on each side, for my very long hair.) The scent also lasts longer this way, perhaps because I can use more of it.

My rating: 5 stars

Edited by Ghost of a Rose

First use of a hair gloss and this will be the first of a few I'm going to review.

Well. This is rather special. The scent is absolutely heavenly. I'm a self-confessed lover of anything honey-related and this hits the spot perfectly. I'm using the gloss primarily on the ends of my hair and after applying just a little, I can feel an instant difference. The gloss is not oily in the slightest and becomes almost powdery on the hands after applying to the hair. I smell like a bee Goddess with a honey halo and my hair is silky-shiny-wowohsosmooth. Very impressed indeed :wub2:

This is a review of the scent only for this hair gloss.

I'm a honey lover and honey features in many of my favorite bath and perfume oils. This was the first of my hair gloss decants that I tested.

The honey note is very heavy-lidded and smouldering in this one. It seems to have musky notes and something very almond-like in it as well. It reminds me very strongly of the Lupanar atmo spray, Valse Finale et Apotheose, and Kypris.

This one seems to have a whole lot of throw (as opposed to Fig and White Sandalwood which had almost no throw), and a lot of staying power. The first time I used it I used much too much through my own cluelessness, and my bedroom smelt of honey for three days!

Even though I'm fond of honey scents, I don't think I'll be using this one a lot. I'd rather not wear something this heavy around my face.

ETA: The morning after I used this hair gloss, my hair smelled very much like Ü Mutter Museum; that was a surprise! So I put on some Ü and spent a day smelling really coordinated. :D

Edited by hlinspjalda

I love this stuff! Initially I thought this was going to be a bit off for me - based on how it smelled in the decant spray bottle. I was so wrong! I am not a fan of O and some of the honey blends that people seem to go crazy for, but I love the honey blends from the summer series (the infused honeys). As others have mentioned, I think this is more similar to a wild flower honey - which I love!

As for how this works as a hair gloss, I really like it as well. I have finer hair, but a whole mass of it! It is curly. I recently moved to Florida from the west coast and have a problem with curls being unruly as the day progresses. I find that 2 squirts into my hands and then a hair rub down (dry hair) really helps. But that only works if I have clean dry hair. If it is a day or so between washings, I have to us less. I generally have taken to using 4-5 squirts in place of a heavy conditioner into my wet hair. I can't spray this directly on my hair, so it always goes hands and then into my hair. My curls are defined without weighing them down, or making my hair so greasy that I need to wash more frequently. Great product!

I never reviewed this? Shocking. :eek:

This is my most used hair gloss, as the scent blends so well with many of my BPALs. It's rich but somehow subtle. I also use it on my 7 year old daughter, I put it in her hair when it's wet (about 3 squirts in my hands then down the hair shaft to the ends), it detangles and the scent is lovely. It's a crowd pleaser.

OMFG. Is this what honey smells like on other people's skin?

I looooove this gloss. The scent is true wildflower honey, not cloying at all, with just the right amount of sweetness. This is perfect for summer, and I will reach for it all season, I'm sure. (Don't tell my Snake Oil gloss, please.)

As with SO, my hair is silky and shiny and very, very happy. :wub2:

Edited by OctoberGwen

I have fine hair, but I have a lot of it (all very dry and damaged and generally stubborn), so most things I try either get a "ha ha, nice try" reaction from the frizzsplosion on my head, or they weigh down the strands and leave me with lifeless, dirty-looking hair. Five squirts of honey hair gloss later, and suddenly (well, not suddenly; I waited for it to air dry) I have soft, shiny, manageable hair that isn't contorting itself into a weird unstyleable position. This is, I might add, more than any other styling product has ever managed. THANK YOU, HAIR GLOSS.

The honey scent is very light and slightly herbal. I stopped noticing it about ten minutes after I put it on.

Edited by psychocygnet

I was doubtful about this one, because honey can sometimes go musty/dusty on me. But since it was pointed out to me that the way scent reacts on skin and the way scent reacts on hair can be two different things; and because I wanted something "neutral" that would go with most if not all of my BPALs, I took the plunge.

Really, really glad I did. This is exactly what I wanted, a sweet honey scent. Beautiful in its simplicity, and tames the flyaways.

So, I somehow never bothered to try this before, because I am so in love with Hair Loosened and Soiled and White Bees Swarming HGs that I thought I didn't need more honey HG. I was wrong, because this honey note is so totally different. It's very perfumey and floral (in a wonderful way) and actually reminds me almost more of beeswax (which I adore) than honey. I LOVE this. Happy it's GC.

the white bees swarming HG is a favorite, so this one had been on my wishlist a long time. i tracked down a decant to try recently. i get a beeswax-y honey with a hint of something that's *almost* like anise but less strong. i think i prefer TWBS but this is still nice. a rich, well rounded honey scent.