Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Akurarei

White Tea and Sage Hair Gloss

OMG YUM!

this smells fantastic!

it's got a gorgeous white tea note, that smells so clean & fresh.

The sage is subtle & adds to the overall freshness of this scented hair product.

My hair is noticeably less frizzy, and generally slightly smoother & easier to manage.

My hair is usually pretty shiny on it's own, so judging the shine factor may be apparent with continued use.

I don't think I'll have any trouble using this up before it's 6 month "expiration/shelf life"

I used about 7-8 spritzes & that covered just about all my hair (5-6 were directly on the hair away from the scalp, 2 were squirted onto my brush for brushing the roots)

Great product!

Thanks BPAL & BPTP!! :wub2:

This is a lovely scent-- a lot of fuzzy, deep, slightly bitter sage with a bit of clean, pale freshness behind it (not a soapy or floral or generic freshness though). Very nice for hair as it's natural and unassuming and wouldn't overwhelm your perfume choice for the day. Definitely what I was hoping for in that department.

I only used two small spritzes of the gloss because I have pretty short hair. I sprayed it into my hand, rubbed, and then carefully worked it through damp, just washed hair. The oil was almost ridiculously silky when I had it on my hands, extremely slick but not thick or greasy-feeling. My hair doesn't feel oily. When I blow-dried it after application it was marvelous-- like being in a cloud of warm scent. I can't really speak to the long-term effects, but my hair feels nice and soft at the moment. :D

This is beautiful white fresh cold tea. I'm not really getting any sage, but that's OK, as it seems to always smell masculine on me. This is lovely, and works well on my hair to detangle and make it shine. I'll probably use this in the summer, though as the scent is better suited for that time of year. Nice!!

Lovely fresh, almost lemony scent. The sage comes out later for me. I love the hair gloss formula, it really leaves my hair silky.

I really love this, I'm looking forward to wearing it in the summer as it will layer really well with my green tea scents. Does wonders for my wavy hair too.

This is marvelous. Beautiful white tea with just a touch of sage underneath to give it an herbal tone. Sprays wonderfully! I used 7-8 sprays (I have pretty long hair) after I towel dried my hair and this detangles like a charm as well as scenting and shining my hair. I am addicted. Now I really need a job so I can buy ALL the hair glosses!

This is a review of the scent only for this hair gloss.

White tea and sage happen to be two of my notes of love, so I was very excited to try this one.

In the bottle: Gorgeous bright cheerful white tea note with some herb. This smells magnificent!

On my hands: The white tea spikes and I get dry sage.

On my hair: Immediate dimming of the white tea note. The sage note is definitely dry, not smoky or desiccated but not at all juicy either. The longer this is on my hair, the less tea-like it grows. Very little throw. A very pleasant light dry sage note was noticeable the next day, but it definitely doesn't last as long as some of them do on me.

It disappointed me that the white tea note didn't stick around better, because I find it so very cheerful and energizing. But this gloss would be fine for me to wear with several of my more herbal scents -- Velvet Cthulhu, Dragon Moon, No 93 Engine, Bat of Longevity, Mabon, Virginia.

Amazing, amazing, AMAZING.

I am a huge white tea fan, and love clean, sweet herby scents.

I have thick, long, frizzy and wavy hair. I used 4 squirts and my hair smells incredible. The tea not is very strong and the sage is smokey and sweet, with lovely herby accents.

My hair was due for a wash when I used the gloss so after using it I did notice it was mush smoothu, softer and less frizzy. I'm curious to use it tonight after I wash my hair.

I think this will go perfectly with most of my BPAL. I can see it pairing very well with Shanghai, Embalming Fluid and some of my clean scents (Water over Notre Dame, Come To Me and Dirty)

Highly recomended.

Edited by Lilly

This is POWERFUL on me. I put 3 sprays in my hands, then run my hands through my (long) hair, and the scent has amazing throw and lasts for hours. It's a very clean scent, and there's something floral about it - it brings to mind a bouquet of white flowers and fresh, green herbs. I don't necessarily think it smells like tea, and to be honest I don't really get sage from it either. Maybe my nose is weird! :lol: That being said, either way it's a very pretty scent, well suited to spring and summer.

This keeps getting better and better as it ages. At first, this smelled just like a very good conditioner, but it seems to be growing on me by the day and I know I will be buying another bottle when this one runs out. The crisp astringent scent is bright, lovely, refreshing and clean. The sage grounds the top notes, and blends really well with other scents I wear. This is extremely versatile and layers well with the perfume oils. I highlight my extremely dense baby-fne hair, and this is great at smoothing out frizz and tangles. There's something humid and jungle-y that I don't get from any other hair glosses.

White Tea and Sage is super bright lemony white tea, and super strong. I get maybe a whiff of sage on the very edge, but its generally all white on me. It smells fresh, strong, and in general very energizing. Out of all of the BPTP hair glosses I've tried, this one is perhaps more along the lines of what I think commercially available high end shampoo and hair care products would smell like.

In other words, this is great to enable those that are leery about heavy patchouli, musk or other indie types of smells. This one is a perfect gateway hair gloss, in that it smells more along the traditional lines, and then people will fall in love with how shiny and awesome the hair gloss is.

Fresh, clean - a bit sharp and astringent though. I quite like it. I get no sage, all white tea. I was looking for something really clean smelling for work, and I think this'll do nicely.

I was hoping for more sage from this, but mostly get a very clean white tea with lemon. Smells like I just had my hair washed at an upscale salon. I like it for days when I want something "fresher" than my normal patchouli/resin hair glosses. Very pretty!

Light and fresh with sage grounding it, giving it a very slightly smoky earthy tinge. But only slightly. I feel tingly and it isn't scalp allergies. Kind of astringent, energizing.

It's funny, I prefer dark perfume oils but the only hair oils I've liked have been fresh and bright.

EDIT 2021: I keep coming back to this decant even though hair oil weighs down my hair. This scent does really go with anything and it's an amazing tea.

Edited by patina

I've been all over this ever since I got a bottle, both because it's such a clean smell and because it goes with everything. This is one of the purest tea scents I've ever smelled, and it's also strong and lasting, which rarely happens with tea notes. The sage is earthy and a little sharp, keeping it from being too clean and soft, but it's also subtle and doesn't take over. I've reached for this so many times in the last few weeks that I've lost count, and I'm really happy I got it.

This is my first Hair Gloss from BPTP, and I'm very pleased with it! I'd sampled one of my sister's HGs a while back and determined that it is too light for my hair within about 48 hours of a wash, but I have other products for that. For me, this is a later in the hair cycle product, and it is sitting really nicely on my hair, soothing out frizz and fly aways without making my hair oily. It's refreshingly light while still actually doing its job.

The scent is very true to its notes for me: a floral leaning white tea and fresh sage, slightly crushed. It's not too strong a scent, which is good for a hair gloss, especially since it took about 10-12 spritzes to work it through all my hair.

This meshes well with my go to beard oils and most of my favorite scent profile, so I see it getting a fair bit of use. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for more hair glosses that suit my tastes.