Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
tawaen

Port au Prince Soap

PORT AU PRINCE SOAP
Dark, decadent and incomparably exotic: the rich scent of buttered rum flavored with almond, bay, clove and sassafras.

Oh, first to review? Ok.

So, the texture of this soap threw me off. I know the description said "crushed almonds for exfoliation," but I guess I forgot? They're not like hard almond chunks, but there is a texture to the soap. There's definitely grit from the clove which adds a nice spice but makes the soap a little rough. And there are flakes or shavings of almond, which tend to stick a bit as the soap lathers... So rinse carefully!

The scent is pretty much what it says on the label. Buttered rum, check! Sweet and creamy. Clove, yep, it's got a hint of spice. Bay, yes. The sassafras and almond are milder, but you can smell them.

Overall very nice, but the scent doesn't seem to linger like some of the other BPTP soaps.

I recently used up my bar of this, so I suppose I should review it! I used it as a hand soap.

The scent reminds me of almond icing on a spiced cookie. :yum: The scent lingers on the hands after use. The bar lasted a really long time, too!

I would definitely repurchase this soap. :thumbsup: (I didn't get any crushed almonds in the bar I had... but that's a good thing!)

This review is for the unused bar. The scent is what I'd term the Villainess soap blend with clove and a whiff of bay rum. Given the age of this bar of soap, the smell is actually pretty strong. I have found that while bars of soap seem to compact over time, probably due to loss of water weight (its like a prolonged curing as the shrink foil shows that the original size would have been - there's millimeter loss, but it is noticeable enough). I have found time to have some effect on the scent potency, but not necessarily on the lathering or any of the other soap uses. I have actually enjoyed all of the bars of the aged bars of soap I've used from Villainess. It's like fine wine.

so yeah, clove and bay rum bar. UNF.