Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
boxinghelena

Eye of Newt

EYE OF NEWT
King mandarin, ambrette seed, and red sandalwood.

Ooooooh! How cute. I love the name. This was an extra in my etsy order. I rarely take baths but I will have to try this. In the jar, it's light greenish-gray in color. It smells very aquatic & herbal-y. Will add to review once tried.

Hmm, I am having bad luck with these....I used about 1/4 of the jar and the scent was gone once it hit the water and nothing on me once dried off. In the jar it's faint, pretty and earthy, reddish in color. Made a ton of bubbles but sadly lacking any scent. :( Was really looking forward to these - maybe I am not using enough? It made a ton of bubbles as it was though...

In packet: Dry sandalwood, with a mellow sweetness from the mandarin. The ambrette seed adds a musky, almost nutty feeling to the blend.

In bath: Created a thin foamy layer across the water, which dissipated quickly. The water remained silky feeling, and lightly scented. I used a generous palmful. I can't wait to mix and match some of these brews, as I think that will improve the duration of the scent in the water.

Side note: After testing the Yule blend 'Thousands of Lights', I noticed a striking resemblance between the two. The only note they share is the ambrette, but they seem almost identical to me! So I suppose Thousands of Lights would be perfect to layer with after you bathe in Eye of Newt.

Edited by braybrigade

This one is orange, and smells like a masculine mandarin. Once it hits the water, it fizzles and makes the bath milky, but no bubbles. The scent is gone pretty fast. Really nothing special here, but I'll have to try the others.

I found this to be very light and it smelled slightly sour (not citrus or like mandarin), with hints of sandalwood. It was very milky and moisturizing, but the smell was very faint.