Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
mineralgirl

Marshmallow Pumpkin Bath Oil

MARSHMALLOW PUMPKIN
Marshmallow goo and pumpkin pulp!

If you have the Marshmallow Pumpkin scent from last year then you already know what you're getting here... it's marshmallow-y goodness with a bit of spice. I use my bath oils as body oils after my shower. I'm so happy to have a lathering product to use with the scent oil.

and the label art is fabulous. The cartoon girl is wearing BPAL socks!

Note: I use the bath oils as an after-shower moisturizer, so my review is based on this fact.

I didn't get the Marshmallow Pumpkin perfume when it was available, so I wasn't going to miss a chance to get that scent, after reading all the reviews. This is the same pumpkin scent as the Pumpkin Pie bath oil, but it is greatly toned down, softened, and sweetened by the marshmallow. I have the Pumpkin Pie bath oil, and though I love it, it really takes over any other scent when I layer it. I really love Marsmallow Pumpkin because it will be easier to layer with other pumpkin scents without overpowering them. It's still a slice of spicy pumpkin pie, but it's topped with a huge dollop of marshmallow fluff . Get a bottle while you can, because this is just perfect and I suspect that people will regret missing out on it later. :wub2:

I too use all the bath oils as after shower moisturizers.. So this scent is like the Labs other pumpkin scents on me, all spice all the time. :cry2: I honestly try every pumpkin scent in hopes that that will be "the one" that won't be spice death, but this is the same as the others. I will never give up!

This is similar to the perfume oil, but its more marshmallow than pumpkin with no spice that I can detect. As a bath oil, it has moderate throw and the scent lingered through most of my bath. This is quite delicious, and I actually like it a bit more than last year's perfume oil. :yum:

Marshmallow Pumpkin Bath Oil - I love this. It's soft, sweet marshmallow combined with spicy pumpkin. I was afraid the spices would make my skin burn when used in/after a hot bath, but nothing of the sort happened. The spices are really strong initially, but as I wore the scent on my skin, the spices mellowed, and I mostly just smelled a sweet marshmallow scent with a bit of pumpkin and a hint of spice. It's gorgeous and I absolutely need more!

Marshmallow Pumpkin was one of my favorites of last year's Halloweenies, and this bath oil smells exactly the same. Lighter throw.

Just like the perfume oil. Quite spicy at first, but the marshmallow note is definitely there under those spices and a heavy pumpkin note. I'd love to see this as a room spray :)

This really is a lot like the perfume oil, although I find that it's not as heavier on the cinnamon. It's smoother and more marshmallow-y. The cinnamon doesn't burn my skin at all when I use this in the shower. If you liked the perfume oil but found it a bit too heavy on the cinnamon, you may actually enjoy this a lot. Totally yummy and one of my favourite bath oils!

I honestly cannot believe that I haven't reviewed this yet. I bought 2 bottles as soon as it went live...and it is my favorite Bath Oil/BPTP product to date. Perfectly balanced, slightly spiced Pumpkin and Marshmallow. Smells identical to the perfume oil of the same name but seems to last longer on my skin. This is love in a bottle for me...as good as it gets.

After reading Herb Girl's review I figured I'd go test my bottle too. And it is delicious!! I put some on my arm and it's gooey Marshmallow fluff with pumpkin pie too! Pumpkin doesn't always work on me in perfume oils but in this bath oil it's heavenly! I love it! WIN! :wub2:

Soft marshmallow and spicy pumpkin. Very foodie, very soft on the skin. I swear, the pumpkin has some cardamom in it.

The pumpkin component is stronger on my skin than the marshmallow.

Not getting the marshmallow goo, just a creamy and spicy blend of the cinnamon variety, though not too strong. Nice, but this is really similar to a lot of other fall pumpkin/spicy blends, so I don't need any more. I'd say this is most similar to Honey Gingerbread or Gingerbread Poppet though. It is quite nice.

I was hoping that this would smell more like the candy 'marshmallow pumpkin' moreso than a marshmallow and a pumpkin - sitting side by side.

For my nose, this is nearly all raw pumpkin and nearly zero fluffy sugary goodness that i would expect from a Marshmallow.

Sadly, this one does not really work for me as a "soak for hours" bath oil.

It does work better as a soft additive to body lotion - literally 2 drops in a quarter sized amount of lotion.

Origin: bought from a fellow forumite

Initial Thoughts: While I have grown to love some foodie scents, my eyes still tend to slide over scents with lots of foody notes when looking through an update. This was an impulse toss-in-the-cart when buying several items from another forumite, then it sat in my shower for months until I finally tried it today.

In the Bottle: Sweet and gooey goodness of the autumn variety.

On the Skin: As I started applying it I got a plastic impression for a moment - possibly the sugar of the marshmallow. But it faded pretty quickly, leaving a very sweet fall spice blend. I agree that this definitely has some cinnamon to it - it burned slightly on my freshly shaved legs and also on my nose when I unthinkingly swiped at it when leaving the shower. But the scent is lovely and not as heavy as I feared it might be.

Verdict: A very nice addition to my collection and if it were to resurface I would buy more.

Did you love the perfume oil? Then prepare to love this bath oil! Gahhh, so creamy pumpkin-y sweet; I want to slather my limbs and gnaw all night long.

(Used as after-shower moisturizer.)

This is all pumpkin spice on me at first -- emphasis on the spice. The pumpkin is buttery and sweet.
As it wears on, it mellows out a lot and the marshmallow shows up. It wasn't bad when I first put it on, but I definitely like this one a lot more after it's been on for several minutes and the in-your-face pumpkin spice has had time to calm down.