Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
whataboutprom

The Two-Tailed Sogg

sime-soggSMALL.gif

THE TWO-TAILED SOGG

Pink grapefruit, swamp moss, green musk, orris root, cypress, and honey.

In the bottle, this is sweet, powdery grapefruit with a very clean musk in the background. It stays the same while wet on my skin.

The Two-Tailed Sogg is a light pink/white scent. I can't pick out the honey note, but maybe it's what is adding the powdery fragrance. This reminds me a teeny bit of a grapefruit version of Jezebel, although with less throw; the grapefruit keeps it from being over the top sweet. This is a happy blend and makes me think of perfume for a young girl. I'm not really getting the swamp moss, orris root or cypress. I'll update this review if they come out later. I would love for this to turn a bit more bitter or earthy.

ETA: After a while, the powdery scent does get a little greener, and I think the swamp moss and orris root are starting to come through. It's not as girly as it was when first applied. I think this is one that will grow on me.

Edited by whataboutprom

All of these notes (even together) should have been a big win for me, but the blend on my skin was not a win. Very boggy moss...the grapefruit was there till drydown, but it was really doing strange things with the moss. Hmmm...I didn't smell Orris, but the honey was certainly present. Glad I got to try this one, but it will find a new home...poor thing. :)

My imp is a decant from schackjj, The Goddess of Decanters (to borrow a quote from another participant in our decant circle!)

In the imp: Oil is clear and a light golden yellow. It smells just like fresh grapefruit.

On me, wet: The grapefruit is not quite as strong, and I can smell the honey and something that's almost floral - maybe the orris root? I really like this! I love grapefruit, and in this blend it is balanced by enough other notes that it isn't foody.

On me, just dried: The grapefruit is disappearing rapidly, allowing some musk to come out. The floral note is stronger.

After 10 minutes: The honey has taken over the musk and the grapefruit is gone, so now it's honey and floral. Sweet and pretty!

After 30 minutes: Now mostly honey, with a hint of florals, a little musk again, and maybe some moss.

After 1 hour: A soft, lean-in-close scent (with little throw.) Basically the same, except that now it's slightly powdery and there's just a tease of cypress.

After 2 hours: Slightly powdery honey and musk.

Verdict: Soft, girly, and very pretty. Wear some in a scent locket as well as on the skin, if you would like to retain the grapefruit note.

My rating: 4 stars

In my decant this is a bright and zingy pink grapefruit. I'm especially fond of pink grapefruit in the summer, so with an eye toward the warmer weather I tried it on.

On my skin the citrus is bright and clear for about half an hour or so, maybe a little less.

After that point it softens up quite a lot and turns into the most beautiful, gentle, snugly scent. The zip has left the grapefruit and it's a mild, but detectable companion to the green musk. I'm not usually one for orris root and I'm not detecting it as a presence here. I couldn't name honey as a component just by sniffing, but it does have a lovely sweetness to it. I thought this was going to be a hot weather scent, but it's so warm, soft and gently sweet that it will be perfect for any time of year.

In all honesty, smelling this makes me remember when my son was an infant. I used unscented products on him and I didn't wear fragrance myself - but I remember (14 years later) the smell of his little head. It's a very natural, clean (but not soapy) sort of smell, a smell that is difficult to describe. Baby heads just kind of have their own scent. Maybe that sounds weird, but it's a very comfortable and pleasant scent memory.

I'm very happy to have a bottle on the way!

for the life of me i can't figure out how or why, but once this settles in on my skin, it begins to smell like a Butterball bath ballistic from Lush.

at first, there was also a hint of orange dreamsicle, but that faded into an orange cream cake and then faded altogether. but still, Butterball.

I bought Herb Girl's poor little Sogg, so here's my take on him:

In the bottle: This is really interesting! Kind of sparkling and slightly candy-ish, with a little citrus bite. Very nice and unique.

While wet: The grapefruit comes out more, along with something gentle-smelling and fuzzy. (Green musk?) My skin makes it sweet, like it does flippin' everything.

Dry: It gets a little powdery-er, but not in a gross way (no baby butts or old ladies). More of a dry-musk way, which makes sense. The grapefruit recedes, and the orris and moss do a nice little jig for my nostrils. Like someone above me said, this gets very snuggly and adorable. There's not much throw, and it's extremely inoffensive without being flat or boring.

This was different than I expected but overall very nice. Glad I snagged this little guy, he's a keeper! 4 out of 5! :D

powder and grapefruit? Its sooo powdery on me, WTH SKIN!?!?!?! I haven't had any luck with any pickmans so far besides Wiley Grasser. This one is nothing but powder, the grapefruit has totally left the building upon dry down.

Another fail. :rantrave:

first, a rush of citrusy grapefruit, and then a semi familiar men's cologne, and then it all just goes to musk. I feel like I'm reviewing a totally different perfume than everyone else here.

In the imp: Oo, this is interesting. Fizzy pink grapefruit? Smells very fresh and bright.

On wet: First note I get - yep, pink juicy grapefruit *eyes roll back toward the heavens* oh yeah. I love grapefruit. Very refreshing. It's not pure grapefruit, though. Something in here smells minty to me, some kind of herb. I can almost see myself drinking a grapefruit mojito right about now, if such a thing existed. Oh, and there's hint of that powder note someone else mentioned. Yep, a hint of baby powder under the citrus.

On dry: ...oh. Yeah, hi, baby powder, I notice you already, you don't have to scream. I'll have to try the hair or clothing method and re-evaluate. Right now, though, it's smelling like powder that makes me want to sneeze. :( Maybe I can find a single-note grapefruit somewhere, someday...

After the juicy, opening burst of pink grapefruit wears off - which takes a good thirty minutes on me - this reminds me of one of my GC faves, Meliai - an unusual, fresh honey scent resplendent with sappy green notes as well as a hint of citrus/floral/something tastiness. However, Two Tailed Sogg is an inferior cousin - though the pink grapefruit is nice, this scent overall goes through a phase of being too sharp before degenerating into a sweet, nondescript powdery scent.

This starts off with a lovely astringent zing of pink grapefruit, but by the time the perfume has dried, I'm left with a swampy, dank note from the moss and a powdery note from the orris.

The Two-Tailed Sogg isn't unpleasant, but it's not something I'm going to need a full bottle of. It starts off with a zingy, tart, lightly sweetened grapefruit that I enjoy, but quickly dries down to baby powder, sweet orris, and a hint of sour, green moss. Baby powder, floral-y sweetness, and dry moss. The citrus doesn't stick around long enough for me, and the whole thing disappears before it reaches the one hour mark on my skin.

Oh Sogg. You start out so promising with the tart, bright grapefruit but you drydown to mossy bog water.

EPIC FAIL.

a pretty scent, but a tad too candy sweet for me to need a bottle

a pretty scent, but a tad too candy sweet for me to need a bottle

At first, fresh tropical grapefruit. I'm not sure what is causing the tropical feel, it's almost like there is a bit of a coconut note to it. The grapefruit fades pretty fast on my skin, and we're left with a soft honey note with maybe a teeny bit of musk. OK, but nothing bottle worthy, I have honey/musky/summery blends that I like a lot better. Nice to try, though!

I wish the Sogg was getting more love here! It was the first Weenie sniffie I decided to get a bottle of (even though it's not my favorite out of the update). I get fresh, lovely grapefruit heavy on the fragrant peel. Not too sharp or too sweet. As it dries, the dry orris and sweet honey emerge a bit more; both notes tend to be a bit powdery, but in the drydown I get a nice, pleasant, creamy, skin-hugging honey musk still tinged with grapefruit peel. I'm not sure if I get the swamp moss and cypress, perhaps they're part of the dry powderiness I'm attributing to orris in the drydown? I think this will get more wear in the hot summer than right now. It's a nice addition to my citrus scents collection and I love the label art for all the Seekim scents SO MUCH.

I got Orata's sniffie, and I really like it. It's clean musky grapefruit and, yes, grapefruit peel, at first. The drydown reminds me of Jacob's Ladder although they don't share a single listed note.

In the imp: Candied grapefruit! Yay!

Wet: The grapefruit disappears immediately, and then I get playdough. I resisted the urge to wash it off, and within ten minutes it was single note honey. Still not good.

Dry: There were several fleeting stages here in the drydown where I got hints of cypress and what my nose was reading as a floral of some sort, but all of these attempts were drowned in honey that turned to baby powder at an hour and a half. Honey babypowder at that. No throw to speak of at any point in the wear.

I think I need to just realize that if honey is listed I can't wear it. I'm really disappointed in this one, as the imp smelled divine.

Oh, I'm so glad I got this as a decant...

In the Vial: The sweet pink grapefruit jumps out first with something faintly powdery-sweet lurking in the background. Still, it's the most promising of the Seekims I've sniffed so far. So I put it on.

Wet on Skin: Inside of a minute, it's gone full baby powder on my skin :ack: I'm amping it, whatever it is (perhaps the honey note + orris? maybe they're fighting with the swamp moss & green musk) and it's giving me a headache. SCRUB.

Dry on Skin: Despite a skin-reddening scrub followed by a bracing pass with rubbing alcohol (oh, my poor abraded wrists!) it is still there. If I keep my head away from my wrists it's not too bad. After about 4 hours it thankfully turns to soap (never thought I'd be thankful for that), then...6 hours later it is back to Old Lady Body Powder. Gah.

Seekims, why hast thou forsaken me??

The Two-Tailed Sogg - This scent is so bright and pretty. It goes on with the pink grapefruit and green musk as the dominant notes, and they're absolutely amazing together! Bright and crisp and almost effervescent. I love love love green musk and have yet to encounter a scent with it that I didn't really like. As it dries down, there's a warm powderiness that comes out, which I think is a combination of the orris root and the honey. Far beneath it, grounding the scent to my skin, is the moss -- another favorite note -- and the woody cypress. The pink grapefruit starts to fade very quickly, within 5-10 minutes of first application, and the green musk and orris root become the most evident notes. It is such a pretty scent, and I can't understand why it's not getting much love in the reviews. It doesn't last long on my skin, but until it dissipates, it's really, really pretty.

Wet, this doesn't smell like much of anything to my nose.

On my skin, it is a rather bland aquatic. Not really my thing.

On the skin: Very pretty! Grapefruit and honey! Can't smell much of anything else. This is actually very nice!

Grapefruit and honey. Something here reminds me of some Lush product, but I can't figure it out. Ok, that's probably the least helpful statement in the history of reviews, but that's instantly what comes to mind here. I don't get much in the way of baby powder. I actually quite like this.