Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
SophieCedar

An Incubus Leaving Two Sleeping Women

Vanilla-infused white honey, magnolia, skin musk, ylang ylang, and beeswax with patchouli, olibanum, kurundu, and a feral brown musk.

I expected this to be light and pretty, and instead it smells pretty much exactly like baby powder on me. It doesn't smell bad, it just smells like... powder.

In the imp: A PATCHOULI leaving two sleeping women.

Wet: Patchouli-y furniture polish.

Dry: I agree with the womb furie comparisons - this is like that but mixed with musky patchouli. Turned kinda funky (ha!) and baby powderish on me.

I don't get so much patcouli. I get magnolias sweetened with besswax and honey. It's also very musky. Aging has helped this blend a lot. I didn't like it at first but now it has mellowed out and it's easier to wear.

There are so many notes in this blend that normally work on my skin, but I'm amping the magnolia and the ylang-ylang like nobody's business. SAD.

take o, add silky white floral notes, a bit of patchouli and a touch of spice and you have an incubus leaving two sleeping women. it is quite elegant and sexy but too floral for my tastes.

An Incubus Leaving Two Sleeping Women is very pretty, though a little more floral than I expected. It's mainly honey-vanilla-white floral with a little patchouli for structure. I'm getting more magnolia than ylang ylang which is good, as it's the better note on me. I'm not getting much musk. This has no throw on me (which is normal for my skin) and fades quickly.

EditIn the decant: Wow, there's a lot going on here. Vanilla, honey, floral, patchouli, beeswax. Even though I can smell the floral notes, the overall feel of this is on the deeper end of honey scents to me. Initially comparable to a more complex O. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's deep vanilla honey, beeswax, and patchouli. Not getting any of the florals or musk right away, but with how good this smells right now, I don't care if they ever get here. 

Once it dries, the vanilla disappears on me (vanilla, we really must have a talk about this one day), and the magnolia becomes detectable. 

Warmed on my skin, the notes that stand out are the magnolia and the beeswax. Honey is definitely tying both of those notes together, and a touch of patchouli is present as a grounding note, but they're supports rather than the stars here. 

Huh. Another half hour, and it's shifted again, though subtly. The beeswax is now the most prominent note on my skin, though the magnolia is still gracing the top of it. The honey stays fairly steady while the patchouli becomes a bit more prominent. There may be something gently spicy (kurundu? brown musk?) as well. 

This is a lovely, warm blend on me -- sweet without being cloying. Throw is low to medium: It's not a skin scent, but I'm also not amping it so that I can smell myself all over the room. :)

Edit 1/10 -- I wore this to work today in the hopes that it would be a honey blend suitable for such a location (meaning, one that doesn't amp too much on me). This was fabulous for that purpose. The throw remains low on me, but the wear length is several hours (I actually have to wash it off after work and errands in order to scent test this evening). After a few hours, it settles down to a mainly honey-beeswax scent on me. 

Edited by torischroeder9
update