Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Gold Dust Kitten

Sprinklecake

This is the scent of the cupcakes that her (kind, generous, and wonderful!) Aunt Sarah made for her birthday! Lilith's request was for sprinkle flavored cupcakes ("sprinklecakes!") with pink and purple glitter frosting, and that's what she got. That's what you're getting, too: this cupcake fragrance is the sweetest of the sweet, the sugariest of the sugary! Rainbow sprinkles baked into rich vanilla cake with thick, creamy frosting topped with glittery candy flakes.

Strong vanilla/almondish in the bottle...

Boozy vanilla and chocolate on my skin...doesn't seem to morph, it's just VERY sweet...

Yes, I will agree with everyone that said this will make you smell like a cupcake...yup yup. Too sweet for me!

Sprinklecake is aggressively sweet. The butter, sugar, and caramel are drippy and gooey and tentacular. It's great for everyone who wants to smell as though they've just been attacked by an army of angry six-foot tall mutant cupcakes and barely escaped with their lives. (There seems to be a market for this. Who am I to judge?)

Everyone else - run like hell. They haven't taken the reservoir yet.

This reminds me of a scent that you'd put on a little girl if she came begging for a dab of your perfume before her very important tea party playdate. It really perfectly captures an air of idealized childhood for me.

I get cherry, sugar, vanilla. Bright pink cupcakes with white frosting and cherries on top.

It's not complex, but if this sounds like something you'd like-- that's really exactly what it smells like.

not sure how I feel about this...i'm a newb to bpal so bear with me :) I was a big fan of Aquolina pink sugar and thought this would satisfy my sugar sweet needs...but idk somethings off about it to me. straight out of the bottle it smells cloyingly sweet and boozy..i get the impression of over-bearing vanilla potpourri? Not sure what aspect causes that association. On wet it's overwhelming still :( fortunately dry it mellows down quite a lot and i'm left with a vanilla scent with a bit of something deeper to it. Overall sadly I don't love it, there's something about it that leaves me feeling sickish...perhaps like I've ate too many cupcakes?

Very, very, very sweet... a pink-cupcake sweetness: mission accomplished! It's got a phenomenal throw: every single person I work with asked who smelled like a bakery, and I didn't even put that much on!

I like it a lot, but it's probably something to use only in sparing doses, and perhaps not when you're trying to be professional...

I'll agree that there's a red berry note to it. Probably strawberry; I'm reminded a bit of Hollywood Babylon.

In the bottle--bright, slightly artificial, white cupcakes with frosting and sprinkles, the kind you bring to school parties made from a cake mix.

Wet--that white cupcake scent jumps out at first, but very quickly develops the fruit cocktail/dirty hair smell others have mentioned.

Drydown--there's something fruity and a little musky here that turns into the impression of scented Play-Doh on me.

Dry--the vanilla cake smell comes back, but now the scent has faded so it's much more of a close to the skin scent. However, occasionally I get wafts of a lovely cupcake smell, though I'm not sure if it's coming from my skin or where the perfume touched my clothing.

Bottom line -- so far this isn't doing for me what I'd hoped it would from the description, but there's something keeping me from giving up on it right now. I've tested a few times, and each time I've liked it a little more. I'm thinking it's worth aging this to see if some of that fruity note burns off and the vanilla comes forward.

This is delicious in the bottle. Fluffy almond cake. Wet, it goes a bit wonky. I think it's from a waxier chocolate note coming out. It smells better on me from a distance though. It holds its almondyness. Almost five minutes have gone by, and up close, it sadly smells kind of burnt. But it leaves a chocolately cupcake scent wafting in the air. I will keep my bottles and use this in my scent locket since it smells great in the bottle, but my skin doesn't seem to like it.

CAKE! Yup, it's vanilla cake with sugary frosting. I absolutely adore this. I smell almond and vanilla cake at first, but the almond burns off quickly. It threatens to turn plastic-ky, but fortunately, it doesn't. Then a dollop of cocoa decides to join this vanilla cake party and the scent stays this way for a few hours. It has decent throw and I smell bits of this deliciousness throughout the day. I usually don't like cavity-inducing scents (like Aquolina Pink Sugar), but I don't find Sprinklecake cloying at all. I'll be getting a backup bottle soon!

In the imp: Cake, lots of it! It smells delicious.

On the skin, wet: Okay, forgive my meandering for a minute. There are these things, I think they're called dessert cups, that are tiny angel food cakes with an indentation in the center that you can fill with whatever you want. My dad used to put strawberry glaze in them and make them all the time when I was a kid. This smells exactly like that; it's insane. It also reminds me vaguely of Froot Loops in cake form, if that makes any sense at all. I used to inhale Froot Loops when I was a kid, so either way this is taking me back to my childhood.

Drydown: Lots more cake until it becomes the main part of the scent. Sugar seems to go burnt on me, but it's behaving itself, so it only smells like a very well-cooked, definitely golden-brown cake. It's already calmed down some from my initial test yesterday, so I think this tendency will probably fade with some aging. Anyway, I think it adds some "home-baked" charm to it. Then this light fluffy cloud of vanilla comes out, and it is sugar rush city. It's definitely a fanciful vanilla cake with sugar sprinkles now.

Dry, several hours later: The sugar calms down and it becomes a pleasant cloud of mostly vanilla. I get a whiff of frosting at this point.

This is such a fun, delicious scent. If you want to smell like super-sugary cake, this will definitely do it.

In Imp: Wow. Seriously, white cake and whipped sugary frosting with little packets of crunchy sweetness. It's like, breathing this in makes your teeth twinge a little and you can almost taste the *texture* of the cupcakes.

Wet: It's not so cloying when it hits my skin. I almost detect some kind of fruitiness in it; like currants. (ETA: now that I read back I see that lots of people get a red fruit from this. I'd have to go with either red currant or cherry, but it's like a candy version of those rather than "real" berries.)

Drydown: It's so sugary and sweet! It's a fun and youthful, pure fluffy cake. TBH, I don't get a lot of chocolate in it. I mean, I can see where it'd be coming from, but to my nose this is white cake and thick gooey creamy frosting. This isn't a morpher, though. It still smells just as it has; cake, frosting, a little bit of fruit...

Verdict: It's sweet and adorable and smells nice-- but it may be a little too sweet for me, as well. I like smelling it, I just don't know if I want to *smell like it*. It's a great visual, though; it's effects are downright visceral, between *tasting* the cupcake and my teeth hurting from it... :lol: It's a 2/5; a "sometimes" scent in my book, but probably not one that I need a bottle of...

I LOVE this!! It really smells like Funfetti cake to me!!

ETA: I currently have 2 bottles of this- one smells like cake and fruity rainbow sprinkles. The other smells like chocolate cupcakes with vanilla frosting. They are VERY different from each other!!

ETA ETA: I have had 6 bottles of this- 3 of which I kept, the 3 that smell fruity- the other 3 were the chocolatey ones. All 3 of each variation smelled exactly alike, so there is definitely 2 versions of this!!!

Edited by Alshneato

In the bottle, this is perfect -- vanilla cupcakes with buttercream, yum! But on the skin... well, it's still nice, but it's more mellow, sweetly subtle, and yes, a bit Midway-ish. I'm sad that the strong cupcake scent I got in the bottle didn't stay. Maybe this is my excuse to finally buy a locket?

Origin: decant circle

Initial Thoughts: Just a whim. In general I don't go for overly foody scents, but there was room for another decant in the Halloweenie decant circle...

In the vial: Rich vanilla cake with buttercream frosting. I could be in trouble, as I have plans to go to dinner tonight to a place with desserts of big slabs o' luscious cake...

Wet: Oh, darn. Something is off here. Something is plasticky and lemony and more like a fake-scent for a child's toy cupcake than the real thing...

Drydown: Well, while the cake asserts itself somewhat, the something off is still quite there.

Verdict: Poo. I guess I can use the decant in a scent locket, but it definitely doesn't like my skin.

I was leery about trying this one, because I'm not usually too much of a fan of the lab's cake note (Eat Me, BJ&S, etc.) and the reviews haven't been too wonderful. I'm also not much of a foodie (Midway and Cake Smash are alright.)

So I can say I'm pleasantly surprised that Sprinklecake is not Betty Crocker chocolate cake mix or horrid plastic almond or cherry syrup (I hate all of those things.) It's icing sugar and sweet vanilla cupcake, especially its throw in drydown stage is very convincing. It *is* what some people would associate with children, although I will love sugar overload until I die.

To bottle or not to bottle!!! hmmmmmm. I think it's an affirmative!

I tend to love cake scents, but I'm glad I didn't spring for a bottle of this one as it's not particularly special or awesome on my skin.

The cake note here is very yellow cake, like cake from a box yellow cake. I can definitely smell a sugary vanilla icing note, and I love that note, but on top of the icing is what I guess is the "sprinkle" note, and that's what's not really doing it for me. There's a vaguely fruity-smelling powdery candy note, almost like necco wafers to my nose, that definitely makes me think "candy sprinkles" but not entirely in a good way.

This scent ends up being pretty much what you would think from reading the notes, but the sum of the notes ends up not being overly great on my skin. Slightly disappointing, but I hardly need more cake perfume at this point, so probably ultimately a good thing.

oh sprinklecake! i want so badly to like you because you have the cutest name and the sweetest description. but sweet sugary sparkly princess cupcake scents and me are not to be. :cry2:

on first application i get a blast of rich, vanilla cake (more like cake batter) and lemon sugar with lots of thick, creamy frosting. if this lasted, i could have found a good scent for the rare occasion when i decide i want to smell like a great big birthday cake! but it fades oh-so-quickly and i am left with a fake plastic cake.

Boozy vanilla and almond white cake. Yes, thick creamy frosting. Sadly, the vanilla veers into plasticky territory on me, so it ends up smelling like a really awesome DOLL.

This is the smell of girlish dreams, when your doll could talk to you, and you'd have fabulous adventures in the blink of an eye. With your purple plushy unicorn, whose name is Hubert.

Wet, fake sugary cake that you buy in the store wrapped in plastic that would probably last at least 10 years without opening. Dry, still the fake chemical cake, very sweet, artificial vanilla, and lots of sweet frosting that you buy in a can. After awhile though, (a jog and a couple of hours later) it is quite nice, and my shirt smelled awesome the next day. Not fake, just a creamy vanilla cake. Not sure if I can last the couple of hours to that point, but it is quite wearable now, and this is coming from a non foody. Will keep my bottle to see if it improves with a bit of age.

In the imp: Warm, buttery yellow cake with lots of vanilla frosting. Just sniffing this makes me want to bake cupcakes!

Wet: Whoa...boozy. Like, nail polish remover boozy. There's also something plasticky/bitter going on.

Dry: Booziness is fading a little. There's still something plasticky/bitter, but now there's also a fakey berry scent--strawberries? Cherries? The combined notes are almost cough-syrupy.

Hours later: Plasticky cream and strawberry.

It breaks my heart that something that smelled so amazing in the imp went so completely wrong on my skin. Massive chemistry fail. :(

This is sad. I don't get any cake from this at all. It's a fruity marshmallow like I Fell in Love with a Floating Brain, and Plastic Pink Flamingo had a love child and called it Sprinklecake. It's the same citrus sugar from Floating Brain on top of the marshmallow of Flamingo. And since I like both of those, I have to say it is nice. But, I was really hoping for something like Cake Smash only lighter or more of a white cake maybe. In the bottle it smells a little watermelon-y and citrusy. Maybe my chemistry did a number on it. I really want more cake. This is a fun scent, I just really want more cake.

if you like this you might like: I Fell in Love with a Floating Brain, Plastic Pink Flamingo, Marshmallow Poof, Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo*, Tweedledee*

*some of my favorites and also in the GC

Alas and alack! This just is stale cake on me with some overly-sweet frosting. These birthday scents do not work on me.

In the bottle this smells divine, sweet vanilla and icing sugar with maybe a hint of something like caramel or toffee, on my skin however all I can smell is the sugar, it's almost violently sweet(a very sickly sweet at that), with a lot of throw and not something I would ever wear again.

omigosh CONFETTI CAKE :wub2: my favorite cake ever! it smells just like confetti cupcakes with wonderful extra-creamy frosting. there's a little fruitiness floating around there too, but only a little! like candied orange peel or candied papaya. i get no cocoa whatsoever. it's wonderful during every stage on me. i get wafts of fresh whipped cream when i'm not smelling it directly from my wrist.

On the skin: Those are some yummy yummy cupcakes. Oh, wow! After a bit I start getting a hint of cough syrup. *no skin chemistry, no!*

*sigh* I just can't wear this one. :(

*sigh* On me, this is the fakest, platicky-est, sweetest sugar ever. Wahhhhhh.

I knew it would happen, but I just had to go and get a bottle anyway. Why do I do this to myself?

My husband came home and told me I smelled good. Then he said it reminded him of this cotton-candy-flavored bubble gum we used to chew. I think my point here has been proven. It's just too sweet for me, but I'll probably hold onto it anyway for a while in the vain hope that it will magically work on me later. Hah.