Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Gold Dust Kitten

Sprinklecake

This is the scent of the cupcakes that her (kind, generous, and wonderful!) Aunt Sarah made for her birthday! Lilith's request was for sprinkle flavored cupcakes ("sprinklecakes!") with pink and purple glitter frosting, and that's what she got. That's what you're getting, too: this cupcake fragrance is the sweetest of the sweet, the sugariest of the sugary! Rainbow sprinkles baked into rich vanilla cake with thick, creamy frosting topped with glittery candy flakes.

I was on sugar overload the 1st day this was tested. I could barely smell anything besides for a slight sugar vanilla note... and left it aside, in favor of something stronger. Funny thing was, I got some great compliments on how I smelled.. even though I couldn't smell it. People's compliments were: "it's not strong or overwhelming.. just.. NICE! I like it a lot!" Something in this strikes a cord with people.. nostalgia, cravings, whatever you want to call it. It's a crowd pleaser.

Anyways, I went back to it a few days later and smelled the following:
Wet: sharp toothachingly sweet sugar blend: purple, pink and white, with sugar loaded vanilla batter. This is not a buttery baked batter; it's wet and sugary.
Drydown: sweet sweet soft vanilla with a bit of my little pony smell. It does have a bit of a sugary artificial doll smell to it. Very youthful and dizzying! I do like this, after all. It stuck to a piece of clothing..When I put it back on the next day and could smell the Sprinklecake, it was a really pleasant surprise.

In the bottle, this smelled cloyingly sugary. (And I like sugar.) On me, it morphed into something totally unexpected. It does smell like cake, but not the cake described (or that my mind imagined, more accurately); it smells like a combination of the vanilla cupcakes with chocolate icing from Sprinkles and those rich chocolate cakes with raspberry preserve in the middle. Do I like it? Yes. But it's a little deeper and darker than the fluffy cake scent I had hoped for.

Definitely a foody lovers blend. Rich vanilla cake, buttercream frosting, and I also get a bit of marzipan out of it as well. Makes me hungry for a sprinklecake of my own. :)

Most people seem positive to, yet not overjoyed by this scent - I am in absolute love over here! I don't get the marzipan, I don't get cocoa either. Just cupcakes. Maybe a little batter on the side. Sugary, yes, but not overly so. My only complaint is that it doesn't last too long on me.

Even if it seems to me that my nose must be missing a slew of notes that other people are getting I'm grateful. I'm adding this to my top 10 of foodie scents.

Sugary, buttery boozy vanilla cake. It almost reads caramel - almost being the key word. Fortunately that burnt sugar, brown suagar, caramel whatever you want to call it note subsides quickly. After it has a chance to dry down, this is buttery vanilla cake. It's alright, but I prefer cakesmash much, much more.

This is like the best buttery yellow cake ever with mounds and mounds of creamy vanilla frosting and a shower of sprinkles. There actually is something bit rainbow-ish about the sprinkle note, something like pink sugar that comes out on the drydown. What more can I say than I want to eat it?

This is a dusty, almost musky chocolate, maybe a hint of verrrry dry sponge cake and those flat, powdery sprinkles. The chocolate smells kind of like dirty hair. Definitely not what I was hoping for!

Smells like a delicious vanilla cake, with chocolate buttercream frosting in the bottle.

And the label is possibly the cutest ever in BPAL history.

Sadly my skin chemistry is doing this no justice whatsover. It went on a lovely vanilla and

quickly morphed into a plastic, artificial dull smelling chocolate. It faded faster than

ever, and now I am left with two whole bottles. I was banking on the description as being a total

"me" scent. The upside is I will be re-gifting as stocking stuffers! I know this will work for someone.

I'm thrilled to have a sniffie of Sprinklecake with my 'Weenie decants! I am a big fan of both cake and sprinkles. ;) In the vial, I smell cherry-vanilla, which is unexpected. On me, the cherry vanishes and is replaced by almond-vanilla-marzipan numminess! This swiftly dries into a vanilla cake batter scent that is gentle and clings sweetly to the skin. I liked the wet phase best of all, but this is a fun and happy scent in all phases.

Sweet and a little almondy boozy, but I believe thats due to putting too much on! I get buttercream frosting and cake! delicious! Not a scent I would wear, but would love it in a room spray or candle.

Hmm. Wet this reminded me of Candy Butcher a little. Which makes sense since it did exactly what Candy Butcher did. On drydown that turned into chocolate-covered flowers and this became candied flowers on my skin.

Ugh. This is so disappointing. I didn't see how I could go wrong with vanilla cake and frosting, but this doesn't smell like vanilla or cake to me at all. It smells like tart cherry kool-aid powder and maybe something like corn bread. It's more tart and fruity than it is sweet on me... not really very sweet at all. I don't even understand how this smells so far from the description, but I'm actually a bit upset about it...

:cry2:

Sugary, sweet cake. Sadly it is the vanilla that goes plasticky on my skin.

At first this smelled very fruity on me, like some dusty red fruit I can't place. Then it just smelled sort of dusty and powdery. Glad I grabbed a decant before picking up a bottle. This wasn't great on me.

In the bottle it smells perfect. Vanilla cake, frosting, and a slightly (veerrry slightly) sharp sugar note that sort of smells like sprinkles, purple ones no less.

On, a bit of an almond note comes out on me too. The whole blend starts to turn towards plasticky, but mostly a really sharp sort of note comes out. It's hard to explain (edit: I think this might be the "dusty" note some are referring to). It's like dyed sugar sprinkles if the dye used to colour them was really bitter. That note begins to overwhelm everything else.

On the late drydown, more cake and frosting come out, but that slightly plasticky/bitter note never leaves.

The throw is not too far although you can smell it on yourself, and the wafts that you get have less of that plasticky/bitter note. Overall I prefer Eat Me as a cake scent.

It's okay and I'm hoping age will bring out the vanilla more and burn off that sugar sprinkle scent a tad.

Edited by moosue

Holy sugar high! I love this, as sweet scents are right up my alley. I'm getting a blast of candy sprinkles at first application, then the vanilla cake comes out more on the drydown. I also get a tiny touch of musk on initial application but this soon fades. I love this scent and the artwork is adorable!

Definitely smells like it's name! Very sweet and sugary at first, then it gets close to the skin, but reallly smells just like a cupcake. Lasts long, but stays close. Love!

so sad. i wanted yellow cake with buttercream and vanilla and rainbow sprinkles.

what i get - from all the bottles i ordered - is a dusty, stale sort of chocolate cake (i hate chocolate cake), on a styrofoam plate. and a plastic cup of something boozy.

i think i got the BoozeyCake from the grownup's table by mistake. mecry.gif

In bottle: Concentrated essence of vanilla-sharp, strong, and a bit overwhelming.

On, wet: Boozy vanilla cake batter!

On, dry: Something sweet and purple comes out of hiding, but the vanilla is as boozy as ever.

Overall: 4/5

(Btw, I'm totally jealous that Lilith gets boozed up cupcakes for her birthday!! I want alcoholic cake for my birthday too! 00000288.gif (Just kidding, just kidding, lol))

Edited by protoomega

On me, Sprinklecake is just strawberry hard candy. It's cute, but I'm hoping age will bring out the cupcake.

This is sooooo good. It's got a little bit of a fruity note to it in the bottle and wet on skin, and if I really sniff I can pick up on it a little once it dries, but mostly it's very, very cakey. Exactly what I wanted! Buttery vanilla cake with a little bit of a candy note.

It gets more fruity after a few hours, almost strawberry or cherryish, but it's still reminiscent of cake.

I never used to be a foodie-scent lover, btw, but the lab's foodies have won me over.

Edited by Viridian

IN the bottle this is overly sugary and sprinkles (yes, it smells like sprinkles). On the skin it's all sprinkles with a handful of chocolate cake (I amp cocoa like nutso). Way too sweet for me, but if you want to smell like a cupcake, seriously, like a straight up cupcake, check this one out.

Ok, this one makes me think that perhaps I'm insane, or have the most screwed up body chemistry in the history of the world.

I actually broke out into a big smile when I sniffed this one in the bottle: it smelled, as expected, like a delicious vanilla cupcake. But. I put it on, and I got no cake or vanilla smell whatsoever, and I do mean none. It smelled to me like that sort of icky Del Monte fruit cup -- syrupy, artificial sweetness that kind of suggests real fruit but actually isn't. (That smell also has a bad association for me because I hated that stuff; the slimy consistency of the fruit made me ill, so it's certainly not something I want to smell like.) It also made me think of Robitussin. After an hour or so of drying down, it smelled a bit like boxed chocolate cake mix -- not unpleasant, but certainly not a vanilla cupcake. I also got a whiff of marzipan at some point, which is just wrong wrong wrong on me, and I generally won't buy an oil if one of the listed notes is almond, marzipan, or amaretto.

Seriously, if this one didn't actually smell like cake in the bottle, I would have thought that the Lab accidentally put the wrong oil into my bottle by mistake, since it not only didn't smell like cake to me, but seemed to come from a universe where cake doesn't even exist. Big, big, BIG disappointment on this one.

Edited by holborne

My imp is a decant from schackjj, The Goddess of Decanters (to borrow a quote from another participant in our decant circle.)

In the imp: Oil is bright yellow, clear, and very thick and viscous. It does indeed smell exactly (and strongly) like cake - to me, it's yellow pound cake.

On me, wet: On my skin, it is the same. Lots of vanilla and butter. There is a kind of sharp, sour, tang - like artificial flavoring - hovering in the background, but I have to sniff hard and up close to get it, so I don't think it would be a problem. I think that's the same note that others have called rum or boozey - I could see that. It is a lot like artificially-flavored rum extract.

On me, just dried: Still the same.

After 15 minutes: Pretty much the same, except with the addition of an artificial-strawberry note.

After 30 minutes: The rum extract note has gone. Now it's buttery vanilla cake with a touch of artificial strawberry flavoring.

After 1 hour: Same as above.

After 2 hours: Pretty much the same, except that it's gone plastic-y.

After 3 hours: Same as above, just slightly faded.

Verdict: Some of the nuances come and go, but basically this fragrance remains consistent. I don't like foody scents - particularly not vanilla-based ones - as perfumes, so this is totally not my thing. It is perfect for a little girl, though. I'll give it to my granddaughter. The artwork is adorable!

My rating: 3 stars