Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Gold Dust Kitten

Sprinklecake

SPRINKLECAKE
More than gems in my comb box shaped by the God of the Sea,
I prize you, my daughter

Happy birthday, Lilith! I can't believe you're three already! I love you more than love, my driveway hockey playin', princess dressin' uppin', funny face makin', tarot card tossin', cupcake lickin', rainbow lovin', don't-wanna-go-to-school excuse makin', doggie squishin', Nightmare Before Christmas Soundtrack singin', Foofa cuddlin', inflatable pool mermaid'in', jellybean countin', spaghetti noodle whippin' offspring. I love you so much. You are my heart, you are my smile, you are my joy.

This is the scent of the cupcakes that her (kind, generous, and wonderful!) Aunt Sarah made for her birthday! Lilith's request was for sprinkle flavored cupcakes ("sprinklecakes!") with pink and purple glitter frosting, and that's what she got. That's what you're getting, too: this cupcake fragrance is the sweetest of the sweet, the sugariest of the sugary! Rainbow sprinkles baked into rich vanilla cake with thick, creamy frosting topped with glittery candy flakes.

This smells like rich buttery vanilla cake, with buttercream frosting and a bit of marzipan. Just like the description reads, it's VERY sugary, and INTENSE. I could smell the cake with the bottle completely closed. I dislike almond/marzipan, and while this has a teeny bit upon application, it fades away quickly. I'm left with cake and sugar on the dry down, and something which reminds me of Midway.

I bought 2 bottles, but I don't think I'm going to need to keep the 2nd one - it's so rich and sugary that it hurts my teeth.

I'm not very good at reviews, but I'm going to give this my best shot, so forgive me if it sucks!

Out of the bottle, Sprinklecake is a delicious, frosted cake. Once I put it on and it starts to dry, I start getting more and more butter, kind of how Jack turns into buttery pumpkin instead of just pumpkin. I can't say I'm crazy about that phase. Once the butter leaves, however, it's a nice, sweet scent very reminiscent of childhood birthday parties, yummy cake, and what I imagine a Sprinklecake would smell like!

Warning: It *will* cause sugary cravings. At least in me it did.

This scent kind of reminds me of a mash-up of the cake smash proto and Midway. I do get a lot of cake and some frosting, but I also get an airy warm doughy/buttery combo going on when I try to analyze the notes. It seems to stay pretty consistent on my skin, just slowly fades and turns to vanilla.

This does smell nice, but there is one component off, or missing in it for me, to make me love it. I will probably keep my bottles and test again to see if anything changes.

This was very true to the description on me--soft white cake with frosting and the mildest hint of candy. It's a little sharp at first but mellows out quickly, and it had good staying power although very little sillage...just a nice soft cakey/vanilla blend! Cute and not in-your-face.

Yes cake here!

I know that I will be in the mood for this from time to time, nothing wrong with smelling like a cake...

And the label art is way cute.

Sprinklecake is very sugary sweet frosting, rich buttery vanilla cake, and almost a bit of dry chocolate. The vanilla note goes plastic on me the way all of the Lab's vanilla seems to go until it is aged, but they are all fantastic aged so I trust that in a year this will be one of my favourites.

I really wanted vanilla cupcakes and rich, creamy frosting but instead I got a chocolate and vanilla cupcakes, with little to no frosting. I amp the chocolate and it's mostly a soft, slightly dry, not too sweet cocoa-like scent. The throw is nice, warm and foody and smells of dry cocoa with hints of vanilla, but I find the overall scent soft. It kind of reminds me of the chocolate in Left his Nurse in a Crowd. It's a nice foody scent, just not what I was expecting so I'm happy these are already on their way to new homes.

How odd.

Is there strawberry in this? I am hallucinating. This reminds me of Yankee Candle's Strawberry Buttercream.

Anyway, it has a buttery bourbon vanilla drydown similar to Detestable Putrescence, with less cream.

I like having two bottles of this but I think this will be a very situational scent.

Add me to those who got a chocolate note. :wave: It also smelled fairly similar to Eat Me on my skin, which I also got a bit of chocolate from.

I was really hoping for vanilla cake goodness, but I mostly got lots of caramelized sugar with a whiff of chocolate. I'm going to hold onto my bottle for awhile in the hope that it ages well, but Sprinklecake does not work on me new. :(

Edit: I've tried this again--several times, in fact--and the boozy note has mellowed a great deal. Sprinklecake reminds me of my Strawberry Shortcake doll, which smelled like sweet vanilla plastic. Surprisingly, I enjoy it a great deal. Keeping the bottle; may order a back-up!

Edited by KittyHawk

I love this!

It starts out very cakey. There's a bit in the middle that reminds me of Beaver Moon, and the dry down is a bit like Midway. It's not very bright, and the throw is not huge, but it's just gorgeous. I bought 4 bottles (2 were gifts for foody friends!), and when I make my Weenie bottle order, I may get another! :wub2:

Interesting! It started out almost boozy on me (odd, I thought, for a child's birthday!), and definitely a bit chocolatey. It then morphed into a really lovely SUPEROMGSUGAR blend-- certainly not an everyday wear, but I was looking for something just like it!

Unfortunately, it ended up smelling like the My Little Pony toys I had as a kid-- a sort of pleasant plastic scent. I have every confidence that this will mellow out with age, though, and I'm definitely going to keep my bottle!

I really thought for a second that Sprinklecake was going to turn to plastic on me. Luckily it morphed into a yummy buttercream cake. I'm so happy I bought backups. :joy:

In bottle: It does indeed smell like sprinkle cup cakes. It also smells like… rum maybe? Or Scotch? Anyway, it does capture that sugary whiteface with delicate frosting scent I was hoping for. Wet: Much as in the bottle, only less boozy and more realistic. There is something in there that does suggest purple glitter. The frosting separates out rather more, as do the candy sprinkles. I’m not sure I like the purple glitter, but I’m certainly intrigued. Dry: The sugar sprinkles pop more as things fade. I really love the cake batter. I’m still not sure about the glitter, though I like it better as the icing gets more icinglike. Really, as it wears, the major difference is it smoothes out and the individual elements untangle a bit.

I'm with cfrancesca and Kittyhawk on this one. I got vanilla cake and an odd cocoa/chocolate note. Overall the whole has a very low throw though it's got great lasting power. I can see it being full of win for some folks but the cocoa/chocolate note is odd on me...

In the bottle and wet on skin: This starts out smelling like candy, necco-wafer-type sprinkles. I don't know how, but they do. Necco wafers: I don't even know what that smells like!

Drydown Phase: After it's been on the skin for a bit, it smells like vanilla cake batter.

Listen to me. It SMELLS like CAKE BATTER. How the heck do you even DO that?

And it sort of wafts around as it's on my hand so I have this kind of vanilla, necco wafer, cake batter thing going on.

Kind of reminds me of Cake Smash, but without the cream cheese frosting. Or like Eat Me without the currant.

15 Minutes Later: After more time, it's sweet, and soft, and somehow non-foody while being foody at the same time. I mean, it's almost musky, but not. It's almost cakey, but not. It's just a round, plump, soft, sweet, non-sticky smell like sugar cookies and a hug from your favorite grandmother.

30 Minutes Later: There is almost a wood smell in here. What. The heck?

One Hour Later: Okay, there's almost a cinnamon thing going on. I think this is going to be amazing when it ages. For now, I think I'll put it aside and wait.

Overall Verdict: Yep, I'm keeping my bottles. I really do like it now and I think it will be even more awesome in the future.

Edited by MrsVeteran

Buttery cake with cocoa. It quickly dries into a simple, sweet, sugary scent on my skin (the cocoa note also fades on me after it dries which is nice since I'm not a fan of chocolate in perfume :) )

Overall this is yummy, fun and not to be taken too seriously. I will probably use this to layer with other scents.

Yum!

In the bottle, Sprinklecake smells buttery and delicious. It reminds me of Cake Smash. On my skin, this smells exactly like the strawberry lava cupcake from my local cupcakery. Strawberry buttercream on a chocolate cupcake. Very light and sweet and pink. I love it!

Right in the bottle it smelled like delicious fresh from the oven vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting! It didn't morph all that much on drydown and wear, either. I still smell delicious. In fact, it's so good, I want to eat my arm! But instead of doing that I will go make a batch of cupcakes to satiate this craving for them I have all the sudden! ;)

Very sweet and foody!

At first, I really got the dusty, cocoa smell, which was actually nice (sometimes chocolate and I don't get along in perfumes). My husband commented that it smelled just like "Calflac"... which is apparently a milk replacement product given to the calves of dairy cows. So perhaps it has a bit of a dried powdered milk scent also?

Later the cocoa seemed to dissipate, and then it almost seemed like a sweet strawberry note was peeking out?

I put this on in the morning and could still smell it late in the day! It had medium throw on me, for a BPAL perfume.

I like this!!! I'm glad I have a bottle. It is a great scent to wear on days when I am wearing bright pink. It's happy, fun, and "cute", if a scent can be cute!

Edit for Freudian slip.

Edited by wendyb1063

Hmm... I, too, am getting a sort of dusty chocolate. It's cake, without a doubt, just not the vanilla buttercream or "Funfetti" that I was expecting. After a few hours of wear, a honey note emerges on my skin. What's this? O with chocolate? I approve. I'm kind of hoping once it ages it will start to smell like Funfetti cake, though. ;)

I was expecting a very vanilla frosting smell in this and instead I get the chocolate cake thing that other reviewers are talking about. It's SUPER cakey and strong when first applied and wears down into a soft, sweet, fun scent...I'm curious to see what this will do when it's aged a little bit.

Like others have experienced I get a very dry cocoa note, but on me it almost smells like a box of chocolate cake mix. This is delicious smelling, but unfortunately chocolate and I have become less friendly in recent times. This bottle of deliciousness will be more appreciated in a new home. The label art couldn't be any cuter though, so pretty!

I am getting strawberry buttercream with this one. Its not a strong strawberry note, but it hangs out for a bit and then fades into just sweet buttercream. This was fresh out of the mail today, so I shall let it sit for a few days and edit my review as needed.

Cake! I really love this one. I really can smell the sprinkles!

This is pretty much as advertised on me - rich vanilla cake, sprinkles and creamy frosting. What a dream. As it dries the cake note lingers all day, this has nice throw and staying power. Wonderful! :wub2:

This starts out smelling like boozy chocolate cake with a hint of marzipan. It certainly smells rich. I'm not getting any vanilla or cream here. It morphs as it dries into a burnt cake and very boozy rum scent. Seriously I'm only getting a sharp rum scent when it's dry almost like a atomic luau scent.

I'm not too fond of smelling like rum and would have liked Sprinklecake better if it had more vanilla.